Chapter 26

Jordan and I watch as 23 bodies were rolled into the morgue

Jordan and I watch as 23 bodies were rolled into the morgue. They were found in the tunnels by Argent and Gerard. 23 bodies that I believe were killed by the beast, that's what frightens me the most. There were 23 bodies that we didn't know about, 23 innocent people who were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. How many more will there be before we figure out how to stop this thing.
I look over at Jordan, who watches body after body roll in with a fearful look on his face, and I immediately know what he's thinking, that his dream is coming true, his worst nightmare.
I put a hand on his shoulder,"Jordan." When he doesn't answer, I shake his shoulder lightly,"Jordan Parrish, look at me."
He looks over a me, his eyes filled with worry. I reach up and put my hands on either side of his face,"I know what you're thinking, that your dream is coming true. It's not going to, it won't."
What I say doesn't get rid of the worry in his eyes,"Noelle, there's 23 bodies. 23 of them. And may I remind you that in my dream, you were one of the bodies.'"
I lower my hands to either side of his toned arms,"I'll  be fine. I'm not dying anytime soon."
His eyes change from worry to sadness,"How do you know that?"
"Because, I know you won't let that happen," I reply.
"I let it happen before, I couldn't help you."
I then wrap my arms around his waist, him doing the same to me,"I was supposed to die, Lydia predicted it. And I didn't give you much of a chance to help me.  I'm not going to die, and your dream will not come true."
He pulls me tighter into his chest,"I love you, you know that right?"
I smile up at him,"I love you too."
He pulls away slowly,"I'd better get back to the station, I'll see you later."
I let out a sigh as he walks away, his head hanging lowly. Then the elevator opens, and out comes Scott, Stiles, Kira, and our dad. 
"Who found them?" Stiles asks
"Argent. And he said the Doctors were down there. He also said you guys might have an idea of what this thing is." Our Dad replies.
"We have a theory." Scott says.
"A slightly terrifying one." Stiles adds.
"Well, the ME said that the victims were killed somewhere else, and then dumped in those tunnels." Our dad states.
"Hey what if the Dread Doctors are hiding the bodies." Scott suggests
Kira frowns in confusion,'Why would they do that?"
"Maybe they're covering for it. Protecting it like a parent would," I reply.
Dad raises his eyebrows,"Protecting what?"
"A werewolf." Scott replies.
"It's called the Beast."
Stiles nods at our dad's shocked expression,"We know. Horrifying."
He nods in response,"We better figure out what we're gonna call Parrish. Because it look's like his dream is coming true."

"By order of the Sheriff, a county wide curfew goes into effect tonight at sundown. All after-school activities are canceled until further notice. Students should go directly home at the end of the school day." I hear a monotonous voice announce over the speaker at school. Jus as it stops, I hear gasps of my classmates around me, and I turn around to see two of my father's deputies patrolling the hallways carrying large guns. Instantly the once cheerful atmosphere of the hallway changes to fear, fear of the unknown.
Scott and I walk up to Stiles who is talking to one of the deputies patrolling, who's last name is Strauss. "Don't you think this is a bit much in terms of firepower for a high school?" He asks the deputy.
"Your Dad's the one that issues us these things, and he wouldn't officially say why." The deputy replies.
"Did he say anything unofficially?" I ask him, bringing his attention to Scott and I.
The Strauss shakes his head,"No, but everyone's got a theory."
"What's your's?" Scott asks.
"I shouldn't be talking to you guys. Don't you have class?"
Stiles lets out a sigh of frustration,"Come on Strauss. What's your theory?"
Strauss takes a glance at the other deputies, then comes in close."Do you guys believe in the supernatural?"
After school, I go and check up on Jordan, to see how he was doing since seeing all those bodies at the hospital. When I walk into the main room of the station, I see Jordan at his desk, eyes glued to the screen of his computer. He had large bags under his eyes and an overall exhausted look on his face, making me guess that he had been here all night as a knew he would.
I walk over with his favorite coffee, from his favorite place, and set it down on his desk by his computer, causing him to look up at me,"I thought you might need this."
A smile grows on his tired looking face,"Thank you. How did you know I was here?"
I lean against his desk,"I know you. As I came here, I was ready to get you to go home, but I turned and got you this instead, because I knew that you wouldn't. Now I know that it seems that your dream is coming true, and I know that I can't say anything that won't make you worry the well being of me, and the rest of this town, but I can do one thing. I love you so much, and I promise that I will be there with you through everything."
He stands up, and kisses me lightly,"Thank you, and I love you too."
After spending about an hour with Jordan, I get a text from Scott asking me to meet him at the start of the tunnels, so I tell Jordan I'll stop by later, and head to the entrance, seeing Scott standing by himself.
"What's going on, is everything ok?" I ask as I walk up to him.
"Everythings fine, I just need your help. Liam went into these tunnels, and I want you to come with me as I follow him." Scott replies.
I raise my eyebrows at him,"Do you really need my help, or do you not want to be alone with Liam?"
Scott lets out a sigh,"Okay, you got me, just come on."
We enter the tunnels and begin looking for Liam, Scott finding him pretty easily, as he runs into us.
"You lost?" Scott asks.
Liam, shakes his head, as if shaking off the surprised look on his face,"Completely. How did you guys know I was down here?"
"I followed you, and called Noelle once I got here." Scott replies as we come closer to him.
Liam frowns in confusion,"Why are you following me?"
"Why are you down here?" I ask, avoiding his question.
"I'm just trying to figure out if this is where they took us. Me and Hayden. Malia said she was down here too, that the scent was the same. She said you were right." Liam explains hesitantly, as if Scott's going to yell at him at any moment.
"Uh, there's a turn you keep passing. It's easy to miss." Scott says, his facial expression slightly happier.
"How many times did you watch me pass it?" Liam asks.
"Five... Come on. Let's try and see if we can find it together."
We turn a corner, and Scott holds out his hands,"Do you feel that."
I shake my head as Liam replies,"Like something's vibrating."
"I can't tell where it's coming from."
Liam leans down and puts his hand near the ground, before looking back at us,"It's coming from everywhere." Liam lets out a sigh,"I was just trying to do something right."
"You do a lot right," Scott replies.
"Yeah, but I did one thing really wrong." Liam says, finally bringing himself to look Scott in the eyes.
Scott lets out a sigh,"Hayden's alive. Everything before that shouldn't matter."
"It should. I feel like I had to do more than just say sorry."
"Actually, you still haven't done that." Scott replies.
"Back at my old school, I got into a fight with this kid. I knocked two of his teeth out. They made me write a letter of apology. We both knew it meant nothing. We both knew that sooner or later, we were gonna get into another fight. I can't just say I'm sorry. I feel like I have to do something. Like maybe, somehow, I have to save your life."
Scott lets out a quiet sigh, squatting down next to Liam,"Don't worry. I'm pretty sure you'll get a chance."
Liam scoffs under his breath,"Well not down here. We've been walking around for hours, and all we've been able to find is some stupid snake sculpture on the wall." Both Scott and I stand up, and look at the sculpture. "You think it's important?"
I put my hands on the dusty cob web covered circle, my eyes widening in surprise when I go to twist it, and it actually moves. I continue until it doesn't move anymore. That is when we all see that a door has appeared. We quickly move over to it, sliding it open, only to stare down the barrel of a gun. It is quickly lowered, and I breathe a sigh of relief when I see it's only Argent.
Scott's eyes widen in shock,"You didn't."
I frown in confusion as Argent replies,"I had to."
I hear footsteps, and see the last person I'd ever expect to be there, Gerard,"Hello Scott. And the lovely Noelle." Scott's eyes flash red as he pulls me closer to him. "I haven't seen that color on you. It suits you. And Noelle, my dear, that makes you much stronger as well."
"Who's the old guy?" Liam asks
Gerard lets out a small chuckle,"Well at the moment, they would call me a necessary evil. But you can call me Gerard.'
I glare at Argent,"What were you thinking?"
"That we need him," Argent replies.
Gerard nods,"He's right. If you want to catch a werewolf like the Beast of Gevaudan, you're going to need more than one Argent."
Argent walks closer to us,"He knows all the stories. All the folklore. Everything written and everything passed down."
"Are you sure about this?" Scott asks, moving closer.
"Take a look." Argent replies, motioning for us to follow him, which we do walking up to a large painting in the hole of a wall. Two beasts fighting, the one on the left on fire.
"The one on the right is the Beast of Gevaudan." Argent tells us.
"Do you know what the other one is?" I ask.
"The hellhound. The guardian of supernatural places. They're both creatures of the night. But you may know them as ordinary people during the day. And most likely neither of them know what they are."
My eyes widen in shock, as I know who the hellhound is. "What is it?" Argent asks, causing me to notice that Scott and Liam look surprised as well.
"We found a message in Latin. Damnatio memoriae." Scott tells them.
Argent and Gerard look at each other in surprise,"They want it to remember itself."
"That might give us some time." Argent states.
"Time for what?" Liam asks.
"To prevent this." Argent says before kicking in the bottom tiles surrounding the painting, to reveal a pile of bodies underneath the two beasts, confirming my thoughts on who the hellhound  is, Jordan.
"Who are they?" Liam asks.
"Us." I reply still in shock. "It's all of us."
Dread filled my chest as I drove to Jordan's house. After all this time, I thought I would be excited to finally tell Jordan what he is, but given the timing, and the circumstances, nothing but dread fills me. After finding seeing the rest of the painting, I told the guys about Jordan, and all I knew, and they agreed that he was the hellhound. They instructed me to bring him over, and not yet tell him what he was. So I pulled in and headed to his apartment, and instructed him to get in my jeep.
"I was part of an E-O-D team in Afghanistan. Explosive Ordinance Disposal. We handled I-E-D's." Jordan explains after we had arrived at Argent's and we had explained what's going on.
"And what about before that?" Argent asks.
Jordan shrugs,"High school."
Gerard grabs a copy of the bestiary and opens it to a page of a large wolf dog, growling at half a body, watching over a large tree that I would guess is the Nemeton back when it was a full tree.
Jordan frowns in confusion,"What' that supposed to be? A werewolf?"
Gerard shakes his head,"No. It's called a Hellhound."
Something clicked inside his mind as he looked around at the three of us and to the picture, then at the small mirror that Argent had placed on the table.
"What else do you remember from Afghanistan?" I ask as I grip his hand in support.
Gerard picks up a blow torch, causing both Jordan and I's eyes to widen in shock,"You said you came to Beacon Hills because you felt drawn here. You hid the bodies of the Chimeras."
"You've got a resistance to fire." Argent says bringing back bad memories of when I watched Jordan burn to death.
I'm pulled roughly away from Jordan's grasp and held back by Argent as Gerard gets closer to Jordan with the blowtorch, fear filling Jordan's features. "We were wondering, just how flame retardant are you, Deputy."
Gerard grabs Jordan by the face, Argent holding his arms with his free hand, as I fight against him. "What the hell are you doing?" Jordan shouts, fighting against the two Argents.
"Argent, please, you don't need to do this, we already know that he is the hellhound." I shout as I watch Gerard press the flame close to Jordan's eye. His skin doesn't burn, but his eyes turn from the regular vibrant forest green to a dark orange. He lets out a roar, shoving Agent from his grip, fangs bared. He looks over at himself in the mirror, before letting his face return to normal. I breathe a sigh of relief and walk up to Jordan, and he pulls me in close.
"Hellhound." Jordan says to Argent. He then turns to Gerard with a glare on his face,"And what if you were wrong? Would you have burned my eye out."
Gerard's facial expression remains emotionless,"Yeah."
Jordan turns back to Argent,"This guy's your father?"
Argent lets out a small sigh,"Wasn't my choice."
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hey guys! Sorry I updated a day late, I was super busy and completely forgot about it, I hope you like it, and I'm super excited for what's to come. As always don't forget to comment and vote, showing your support, and letting me know how I'm doing, I'm always looking to improve my writing abilities and the quality of my books! Until next week...
-S