Chapter 19

"I know what happened to Donovan

"I know what happened to Donovan. I know everything..." Theo tells us.
My eyes widen in surprise as Stiles lunges as Theo, shoving him up against a fence. "You don't know anything."
Theo grabs Stiles and turns him around, shoving Stiles against the fence. "Theo!" I yell.
"I was there. I was at the library. Malia found the book. She was texting us to see where you were. She said she left you two at the library. I told her I was close. When I got there, I heard the scaffolding come down." Theo explains.
"You saw him?" Stiles asks.
"Just the body." Theo says, causing them to let go of each other. "I watched you come out. I was gonna say something, but then I saw the cop car. And the body was gone. I don't know who took him. I only saw what you saw, and I didn't say anything because the two of you didn't." Theo explains. He stops when he hears the sound of a siren, the siren of a cop car. "That's not an ambulance, is it?" Theo asks, causing us to shake our heads no.
I walk over to the body, the two guys following. "We should get out of here." Theo suggests.
"We can't just leave him." I tell them, gesturing to the body. Poor guy, he was just living a normal teenage life until the Dread Doctors came around. He had his whole life ahead of him.
"Fine. Alright, let's take him. Someone's stealing the bodies anyway, right? Here's our chance to find out who." Theo tells us. When we don't respond, he adds,"Guys, come on. We gotta do something."
"You killed him." Stiles states in shock.
"In self-defense. He was going to kill us. If we stay, we're either going to have to tell the truth, or we're going to need a pretty convincing story... It's your choice. I'm not going to ask you guys to lie to your dad."
I let out a sigh, we need to listen to him. "Don't worry, we've had plenty of practice." I say, before Stiles and Theo move, grabbing the body.
We bring him to Theo's truck through the back entrance of the hospital, and we head to the clinic. On the way, Stiles calls Scott telling him that we saw one of the Dread Doctors killing the Chimera. We bring him inside the clinic and set him on the examining table, placing a sheet over his body. Not ten minutes later, Scott arrives, letting out a sigh when he lifts up the sheet, seeing who it is.
"Do you know him?" Theo asks.
"His name's Josh. He was a junior." He tells us before putting the sheet back over Josh's body.
"Which one did it? The one with the cane?" Scott asks.
Stiles and I both look at Theo, wanting him to have to account for his lie. "Yeah." He lies smoothly.
"What are we going to do with him? We can't just set the alarm and leave. That's how Tracy disappeared." I tell them.
"Alright, someone's got to stay here with him." Stiles suggests.
Theo lets out a sigh,"I'll do it... It's not like I had a big Saturday night planned." 
Scott's phone then rang, and he pulls it out, looking at it with a shocked expression.
"What is it?" Stiles asks.
"Another one. Another Chimera." Scott tell us.
"Who is it?" I ask.
"Hayden."
We then went to Scott's house, where Liam brought Hayden after she was almost taken by the Dread Doctors. She had locked herself in the bathroom.
Scott knocks on his bathroom door, leaning his head against it,"Hayden? It's Scott. I know that you're scared, but we just... we want to help." He says. He then turns to us, as we huddle by the door,"I can hear her heart beating. She's really freaked out. What happened?"
Liam shrugged,"She was okay when we got here. I went to text you for two seconds, and she locked herself in."
"Why?" Stiles asks.
"I don't know," Liam replies.
"She's definitely a Chimera?" Scott asks.
Liam nods,"She said she heard a voice saying, your condition improves."
I shudder,"As creepy as that sounds, I don't think she likes reliving it by hearing us through the door." I then walk up to the door and knock,"Hayden? This is Noelle. Your sister words with my Dad and my boyfriend down at the station. Look just open the door, okay? You can trust us."
I back up, and Scott leans close to the door again,"We just need to tell you the truth, Hayden. And that kind of thing is usually better face-to-face. Listen, either you're gonna unlock the door, or I'm gonna have to break it open... It's okay if you don't want to talk, or if you're not ready to believe us. But I just... I gotta know that you're okay in there."
The door opens, but just a crack. Scott takes a nervous glance at us, before turning back to the door, pushing it open the rest of the way. Behind the door is Hayden, all wolfed out, fangs, claws, glowing  eyes, the whole nine yards. "I believe you." She replies in a small voice.
After explaining the supernatural story to Hayden, which is in fact a long ass story that gets told way too often, Stiles and I finally head home to go to bed, well basically take a nap. I wake up to a text from Scott saying to meet him at the library in a hour.
I take a quick shower and get dressed in some dark grey ripped skinny jeans, a black long sleeved slightly cropped top, a red and white flannel tied around my waist, with some black combat boots.
Scott sets a map of the telluride currents on the table in the library.
"We're back to telluride currents?" Stiles asks.
"If the Dread Doctors didn't like coming into Eichen House because of them, maybe we can use them to protect Hayden." Scott explains.
"Okay, so, besides Eichen, where's the strongest convergence?" Stiles asks.
Scott points to the school on the map,"We're standing on it."
"You want to hide her in the high school? For how long?" Stiles asks.
"If we have to, all night... Liam convinced Hayden not to say anything to her sister yet. She's working a double tonight, and she thinks Hayden's staying at a friend's." Scott explains.
"But it's just a school. You know, I mean, it's not exactly a fortress." Stiles replies.
"I've got an idea for that. Remember how Valack quoted Tesla?" I ask.
"Frequency and vibration."
"I think that he wasn't just saying that to sound smart. I think maybe it's a clue." I add.
"To do what?" Stiles asks.
"Disrupt their frequency. Jordan took three cell phone jammers from the station. He thinks he can broaden their range of frequency. It's a long shot, but it's the best we've got right now." I explain.
After we figure things out at the library, I head to Jordan's apartment to help him with the cell phone hammers, or just watch him do it. After that we get in his car, and head to the school, nightfall approaching. Lydia and Malia meet us there to help put them into the school.
"We're betting our lives on these?" Malia asks while holding one up.
"I think we're betting Hayden's life on them," Lydia replies.
"Yeah, well, I'm glad I brought my gun." Jordan says while handing me a jammer, before closing his trunk. We set one up in a classroom, one about a trophy case, and one in the locker room, where Lydia, Scott, Liam, and Hayden would be. Malia will be roaming the halls, and Jordan and I will be outside. Although I might leave him to go join Stiles and Theo in watching the clinic. I would love to have some quality time with Jordan, but I don't want to leave Stiles alone with Theo.
Once we get outside, I turn to Jordan. "Hey babe, would it be ok if I left and went to help Stiles and Theo keep watch over the clinic. I just don't want to leave Stiles alone with Theo."
He nods,"Yeah that's fine, I get it. I think we'll be ok here."
I peck him on the lips,"Okay, be careful, please. And call me if you want me to come back."
He nods wrapping his arms around my waist,"Same goes to you, stay out of trouble."
"Love you."
"Love you too."
With that, I hesitantly leave, getting into my jeep, and heading to the clinic. I park a couple feet from Stiles' jeep, and get in the back of his.
"You still wondering why I haven't said anything to Scott?" Theo asks breaking the silence.
"Maybe."
"You think I've got some kind of ulterior motive?" Theo asks.
Although I feel bad for him, and he seems like a nice guy, I can't let myself trust him so easily. "More than likely," I mutter.
"Would you believe me if I said all I want... All I've ever wanted is for you guys to trust me?" Theo asks, his eyes moving back and forth from me to Stiles.
"Nope."
"So you're here because you're never going to trust me." Theo states.
"I thought that was pretty obvious at this point," I reply.
"You know who you remind me of, then both of you?" He asks us.
"Theo, we don't care," Stiles states for us, although I would like to hear what he has to say.
"My sister. She was smarter than everyone too. And a pain in the ass, like the both of you. She always looked out for me. The same way the two of you look out for Scott. You know, I was the one that found her body. She'd fallen into a creek, broken her leg. They told us she would've been okay if it wasn't one of the coldest nights of the year. If it wasn't for the hypothermia. And when I found her, all I could think was that I should've known. That I should've been looking out for her." Theo tells us. I groan internally, damn he's good. He really knows how to pull on my heartstrings.
"Why are you telling us this?" Stiles asks.
"I'm telling you because even if you don't trust me and even if you don't like me, I'm still going to be looking out for you." He tells us.
Then it's back to the silence, after getting tired of watching nothing happening through the tiny screen of Stiles' watch, I pull out my phone to call Jordan, and check in on things.
After two rings he answers,"Hello?"
A smile grows on my face,"Hey J, how's everything going over there?"
I hear him let out a sigh,"Good, nothing's happening at all. This more boring than having to drive the squad car around all night. I wish you were here."
My smile grows bigger,"I wish I was there too."
"My place afterwards?" He asks.
"Is that even a question?" I reply.
He lets out a chuckle,"So any action over there?"
I let out a groan,"No, I've been staring at this blank screen for like an hour."
He laughs again,"Alright well, I'd better get back on watch. I'll see you later."
"Alright, be safe."
"You too, love you." He replies.
"Love you too," I say before hanging up.
I let out a sigh and turn around to face the front again.
"You're dating that cop, Parrish. Right?" Theo asks.
I nod,"Yeah."
"Does he know about that night, what happened with Donovan?" He asks.
I let out a sigh, I really should tell him.
Guilt grows within me, he deserves to know. "No," I admit.
"You know, I saw his teeth." Theo says, changing the subject. He observes the confused looks on our faces and continues,"Donovan. He was a, uh... Wendigo, right?"
"Yeah."
"That's the cannibal one, right?" He asks.
"Native American. The myth says that if you ate human flesh, your punishment was to turn into a creature that constantly craves it." Stiles explains.
"That's a pretty judgements myth." Theo mutters, trying to hold the conversation.
"Well, I didn't make it up," Stiles snaps lightly.
"What if it was the only way to survive? I mean, you ever hear of the Donner party? I'm pretty sure they didn't turn into Wendigos." Theo asks.
"Well, I'm pretty sure they didn't live in Beacon Hills." I reply.
"Good point.., So what's the punishment for killing a Chimera?" He asks.
"You spend five hours in the car with Theo Raeken." Stiles tells him, causing Theo to let out a chuckle. "Look, I know what my punishment is... I'm gonna lose my best friend. I'm gonna lose Scott." Stiles adds sadly.
"And I might lose Jordan," I think to myself.
"If Scott really gave up on you for some piece of crap like Donovan, then he wouldn't be a True Alpha, would he?" Theo asks.
"Or maybe that's the definition of one, someone who doesn't put up with murder." Stiles mutters.
"It sounds like you guys need to look up justifiable homicide."
I raise my eyebrows,"Did you seriously just say that to the kids of a cop?"
"A werewolf's eyes are supposed to change color when you take an innocent life." Theo says. He flashes his eyes, and instead of them being a bright blue, they're still golden. "Do these look blue to you? It was self-defense. For me and you."
Stiles shrugs,"Or maybe you just don't feel bad about it. You can't say that one life is objectively less innocent than another one. What if they turn blue cause you feel guilty?"
"So it's up to interpretation?" Theo asks.
"Yeah, maybe."
"Then here's my interpretation of what happened with you guys and Donovan. Not guilty, especially when you do it to save your sister... Do you feel bad about it?" He asks. Stiles gives him a knowing look, so he continues,"Not now. I mean right then. Right when it happened. What were you thinking the moment you knew he was dead and there was no saving him?"
Stiles is silent for a moment, and I already know what he's going to say, and I don't blame him at all. "One word... good."
It's quiet again, that is until Theo starts looking around, smelling the air. I frown in confusion,"What?"
"A scent. Like smoke. Like something burning."
We start to look around, trying to identify where it's coming from. Suddenly, this fire covered fist punches Theo in the face, sending his blood all over Stiles. Theo's door is then ripped open, and whatever punched him, pulls him out. Then the jeep is lifted from the back, and my eyes widen in shock as I try to hold onto anything, but it's no use. It flips the jeep over, sending my body flying down, the back of my head hitting a window, hard. As I struggle to keep my eyes open, I begin to cough, as the back of the jeep fills with smoke. Dots cloud my vision, until it all  goes black.
I wake up to the sound of incessant beeping. I open my eyes and all I see is lots of white. I reach up to rub the sleep out of my eyes, feeling and oxygen mask over my mouth. Everything comes back to me, being on watch at the clinic with Theo and Stiles. A fire covered fist punching Theo, the jeep flipping over. I sit up and look around, seeing Jordan asleep by my side. I let out a sigh, not again, I can't be in the hospital again. I reach out and grab Jordan's hand, causing him to wake up and lift his head off the hospital bed. He lets out a sigh of relief,"Thank God you're alright, you inhaled a lot of smoke."
I pull off my mask letting out a sigh,"I'm sorry this keeps happening."
He strokes my hand,"It's okay, I'm just glad you're alright."
"How long do I have to stay here?" I ask.
"They want to keep you here overnight for observation, but you can go home first thing in the morning." I let out a yawn, feeling a wave of exhaustion come over me, I haven't exactly been getting enough sleep. Jordan stands up, kissing my forehead,"I'll let you get some rest."
I grab his hand before he could leave,"Can you please stay?" I ask, scooting over in the bed so he has room. He hesitates, thinking for a moment, before climbing into the small hospital bed next to me. I lay my head on his chest, as he wraps his arms around me. My eyes get heavier and heavier until I let sleep take over.
********************************************
Finally, I'm updating on time again!! Well thank you for reading, I quite enjoyed writing this chapter, and I'm super excited to move into then second part of season five very soon! As always don't forget to comment and vote, until next week.
-S