Chapter 16

After a while, the dark-haired deputy whose last name I learned was Clark, was able to get up

After a while, the dark-haired deputy whose last name I learned was Clark, was able to get up. She called an ambulance, before going over to help my Dad up, who was also starting to be able to move again. I got feeling in my arms back, as I was able to prop myself against the wall, but seeing as my cut was deeper, it was going to take a while to get back to normal.
I again hear footsteps, and look over to see Deaton, Stiles, Theo, and Scott come through the door, frowning when they saw the sight in front of them.
Scott was quick to run over to me, looking at me in concern,"How bad is it?"
"It's not terrible, I'll probably just need stitches. But she got me deep, I still can't feel anything from the waist down. I'll survive, go help Lydia." I tell him.
He looks up and sees Lydia, who's condition worsens. Before he could run over, Theo runs past him, pulling off his belt. He quickly bends down and wraps the belt around Lydia's waist, pulling it tight slowly. Scott turns to help my Dad, whiles Stiles stands in front of Lydia, staring in shock.
"Scott," Deaton says, motioning to the tail on the ground once he got Scott's attention. Deaton covers it up with his coat, as Lydia's Mom walks in, looking at the blood on the floor fearfully. She then quickly runs over to her daughter's side, a frantic look on her face. I could hear Lydia's loud gasps from across the room, worrying me greatly.
Scott's gaze follows the trail of blood,"Stiles." He calls out. I look over at Stiles, who looks to be in a trance as he continues to stare at Lydia. "Stiles," Scott calls again. This time he turns around, but doesn't move. "Stiles come on."
He looks back at Lydia, who's nodding a him with a small smile,"It's ok, she's alright." Theo tells him. "I'm fine, help Tracy," Lydia tells him, as the sirens blare in the background. He's hesitant, but he follows Scott down the stairs, our Dad and Deaton following after them.
"Noelle?" I hear a voice yell.
I look over to the door to see Jordan standing there. A worried look washes over his face, as he runs over to me. Although I'm glad to see him, guilt washes through me, he should never have to worry about me like this, but yet it keeps happening.
"It's not bad, I think I just need some stitches, and I can kind of move my legs now," I tell him in an attempt to ease his nerves, as he lifts up my shirt to get a better look at it before using his hand to apply pressure to my lower stomach.
He frowns,"Why wouldn't you be able to move your legs?"
"Remember when we told you about all the supernatural things we've encountered after Hage almost killed you, remember the kanama? That's what Tracy is, she turned into a Kanama, and their venom causes temporary paralysis." I explain to him, as the paramedics make their way in.
The first two make their way over to Lydia, with one gurney, as the other two come to me, moving Jordan out of the way, as they work on me.
"Can you tell me your name?" One of them asks.
"Noelle Stilinski."
Age?" She continues.
"18."
"She seems to be completely cognizant," she tells the the other girl, as she shines a flashlight in my eyes, causing me to squint.
"Deputy, do you think you can lift her up here?" The one who asked me questions asks.
Jordan nods, and lifts me up with ease, and gently lays me on the gurney.
The other lady lifts up my shirt, applying a square piece of gauze onto the wound, causing me to wince slightly. "The cut's not too deep, but we're going to take you to the hospital to get you stitched up." She tells me with a comforting smile on her face.
Jordan holds onto my one of my hands, as the two women roll me out of the station. They roll me in front of one of the ambulances, before lifting the gurney, putting me inside. Jordan goes to follow, but one of the women stops him. "Family only."
He frowns,"But I'm her boyfriend." He argues.
"Can he please ride along?" I ask.
The woman shakes her head,"I'm sorry sir, it's protocol, you'll just have to follow us there."
Jordan lets out a sigh of defeat,"I'll be right behind you ok, El?"
I nod, but don't get to say anything as I get cutoff by one of the women shutting the doors.
Soon the ambulance pulls away and one of the paramedics climb in the back, sitting beside me. She grabs my right hand putting the black pulse oximeter on my finger, the sound of my steady heart rate filling my ears. She then lifts up my shirt again, checking out my wound.
By the time she was done making sure there was no internal bleeding or anything else life threatening, the ambulance had come to a stop, and the doors opened. They rolled me out of the ambulance and into the hospital.
Standing right by the entrance was Melissa, with a concerned look on her face. "What happened?"
I shake my head,"I'll explain later."
"She needs stitches, no other sign of trauma," one of the paramedics tells her.
"Thanks ladies, I'll take it from here." She tells them, and they comply walking away.
"Alright lets get you stitched up," she tells me with a smile.
I then feel a warm hand take mine, intertwining their fingers with mine, and I look up to see Jordan. He wasn't lying when he said he'd be right behind us.
"How are you doing?" Jordan asks, frowning in concern.
"I'm alright, I just need stitches." I reply, gripping his hand in an attempt to calm him down. I hate doing this to him, I hate making him worry about me.
Melissa stops in front of an empty room, wheeling me inside. Jordan sits down in the chair beside my bed, still gripping my hand tightly. Melissa then brings over a cart, sitting down. "Alright, I'm going to give you this shot to numb you, then we'll get you stitched up." She tells me before wiping down a part of my stomach with a small white wipe, before inserting the small needle. "While we're waiting, do you want to tell me what happened?"
"Oh of course, well Scott, Stiles, and Malia took Tracy to Deaton to see what was wrong, while Lydia, Kira, and I went to Tracy's house. While we were there, we realized that she's still in a night terror, and she's killing the people who are trying to help her. Lydia's Mom helped her a lot, so we decided to try and find her, she was at the station, getting ready to leave for a date with my Dad. But Tracy was there, and she attacked all of us, and seeing as she was a kanama we were stuck, paralyzed on the floor, well except for Kira." I explain to her and Jordan.
Melissa then proceeded to stitching my stomach, before putting a bandage over it, declaring she would go get me discharge papers. Jordan lets go of my hand, turning on the tv, flipping through the channels, most of them are blank, and he finally settles on a channel, this weird fighting movie.
I raise my eyebrows at him,"Watcha watching there, babe?"
He turns around and shoots me one of his flawless smiles,"Well, I'm trying to find something better to watch, but the only thing that comes in is this Kung fu movie."
"Do you know how to do that?" I ask motioning to the screen.
"I know a little jujitsu. In the army, they taught us CQC, close quarter combat." He replied.
"Can you teach me?" I ask.
"You want to learn jujitsu? Hand-to-hand?" He asks me, sounding a bit surprised.
"I want to learn how to fight. Can you teach me?" I ask again.
"Yeah. I can teach you." He replies nodding. "Any reason you're suddenly interested in knowing how to fight?"
I let out a sigh, looking down. "No reason," I lie.
"Noelle."
"Jordan."
He give me this pouty look and I give in,"Fine... I'm tired of being helpless. I hate the feeling of being the weakest link, I want to be able to defend myself without all of you worrying about me." I admit.
"El, you are not the weakest link, you're the strongest person I've ever met. And I will always worry about you, that's my job, and I know you worry about me too." He tells me, taking my hand and giving it a tight squeeze. He begins to lean in, and I do too.
"Sorry to interrupt, I've got your discharge papers," Melissa says, causing us to pull away.
I smile and take them from her,"Thank you."
She nods and I sign them, before handing them back to her.
"How's Lydia doing?" I ask.
She shoots me a smile,"She's going to be just fine." She says, causing me to sigh in relief. "I actually have to help with her surgery, I'd better get going." She says before walking out of the room.
"Do you want me to take you home then?" Jordan asks me, as he helps me out of the hospital bed, and I nod in response. "Is anyone going to be home?"
I shake my head,"I don't think so."
"Well, you can stay with me if you want, I have to do some paperwork back at the station, but after that I'm all yours," he tells me.
A smile grows on my face,"I like the sound of that, we just have to stop by my house so I can grab some clothes."
After grabbing some clothes from home, we head to to the station, where I sit beside him fiddling with a lighter I found on one of the deputies desk. The whole station was pretty much empty, leaving us in a comfortable silence.
"I'm done, you ready?" Jordan asks.
I shake my head,"First let me try something."
He frowns in confusion, but nods,"Okay?" He says, but it comes out as more of a question. I light the lighter and he raises his eyebrows,"You're gonna do a magic trick?"
I let the flame go out,"No, but you are."
He shrugs,"I only know one trick and it's with a playing card."
"Well this one involves a lighter and your hand," I tell him with a small smirk on my face.
He raises his eyebrows,"This is sounding less like a magic trick and more like assault. Did I do something to make you mad?" He asks in a joking tone.
I smirk, sitting back in my chair,"Please, if you made me mad, a little lighter burn would be nothing." His eyes widen a bit, and a smile grows on my face,"Kidding. I guess this is a little dangerous, but it's not as bad as being lit on fire in a deputy sheriff's car. Which by the way, you walked away from unscathed."
"Not entirely, I had to pay for the uniform," he says, motioning down to his uniform, and I couldn't deny that he looked hot in it.
"Give me your hand," I instruct him.
"I think I've seen something like this in a movie," he tells me.
I nod,"Yeah, Lawrence of Arabia, we watched it together."
He holds his hand out above the lighter. "Remind me what the trick was," he asks.
"Not minding," I tell him vaguely, before lighting the lighter, holding it closer to his hand.
He barely lasts 30 seconds, as he pulls away wincing. "Ow, son of a..."
I let out a little laugh, although I feel bad for hurting him, I am going to give him some tough love if I want to get closer to figuring out what he is. "You can last longer than that," I tell him, tauntingly. He lets out a sigh, and I lean into his desk, taking his hand in mine. "This time. I want you to do something different. Don't think about the flame." I tell him, as his gaze flickers down to our hands and back up to my eyes. I reposition his hand right above the lighter. "Don't think about the heat. Don't think about it hurting. Don't even look at it, just look at me."
He nods, his expression more serious than before,"Okay."
I light it again, holding it under his hand. This time he doesn't flinch away after a while, instead he stays there, his gaze fixated on me. But it was like he was zoned out, his eyes kind of drifter. The heat from the lighter became too much, and I let go, wincing.
"What? What happened?" He asks.
"Oh, it was too hot. My thumb was too close to the flame." I tell him.
He frowns in concern."Are you ok?"
I smile at his concern,"Yeah, I'm fine. What about you?"
He looks down at his hand, wiping away the black marks from the fire, no burns underneath. "Did it hurt?" I ask, he shakes his head in confusion. "When you were looking at me, your eyes kind of drifted. What were you thinking about?"
"A dream. I've had it here and there for about six months. I'm walking in the woods, carrying a body. But it's completely burned. I can't see who it is, or who it was." He explains.
"Where are you taking it?" I ask.
"A clearing. There's a huge tree in the middle of it. You'd think it was 1,000 years old, but it's been cut down. It's just a stump."
"It's real. It's a real tree, in a real part of Beacon Hills. It used to be the center of a grove of trees called the Nemeton," I tell him, causing him to look at me in surprise.
"What's a Nemeton?" He asks.
"A sacred meeting place for Celtic Druids. They were scientists and healers thousands of years ago." I explain.
"I've never seen this place."
"But that's why you're here. It drew you here. That's what it does. It's a beacon for supernatural creatures. It might even make them more powerful. What else happened?" I ask.
He looks at me with wide eyes, and stands up, his back facing me. He then turns around and continues,"I put the body down.. I-I lay it on the rings of the trees and..."
"What?"
"Nothing. That's it." He says, and I can tell he's lying.
I get up and stand in front of him,"Jordan, you can tell me the rest, I know there's more."
He sighs,"I can't."
I let out a sigh, reaching up, taking his face in my hands. "Nothing's going to change how I feel about you. You could be the worst supernatural creature ever, and I'm still going to love you. Tell me."
He lets out a sigh, "Ok well, around the tree are bodies, not just a few, but a lot, too many to count. After I set the body down, my body lights on fire, it doesn't hurt, the flames just seem like part of me." He tells me, before looking down at the ground.
I take his hand, causing him to look up at me,"We're going to figure out what you are. I'll do whatever it takes."
A smile grows on his face,"I love you, you know that right."
"I love you too." I say, a smile making it's way to my face as well. "How about now we light all of you on fire," I say jokingly.
He rolls his eyes,"Let's get out of here."
We head back to his house and go right to bed, both equally exhausted.
- My eyes snap open to the sound of my alarm. I let out a groan and Jordan grips me tighter.
"This is the worst part of my day," I tell him, sitting up to look at him.
"Because you have to wake up?" He asks.
I shake my head,"Because I have to leave you."
A smile grows on his face, and he leans down, pressing his lips to mine. "I love you, but you have to go get ready." He tells me when we pull away.
I pout, but I get out of bed and walk towards the door,"You look great in my t-shirt though."
A smirk grows on my lips,"I know."
I go into the bathroom, and take a shower. Once I dry off, I get dressed in a white high-necked tank top, army green skinny jeans, a leather jacket, and heeled, lace-up boots.
Once I am finished getting ready I, like usual, make us something to eat.
After we are done eating, I peck him on the lips and head out of his apartment.
- "If 99.9% of our DNA sequence is the same as other humans, what could account for the missing 0.1% difference. Theo?" Mrs. Finch asks.
"Um, nucleotides." He replies.
"That's right, yes Kira?"
"Can there be more than one species in the same DNA?" She asks.
"No, but there can be multiple sets of DNA in the same individual. We call that a chimera. Anyone know where that term comes from?"
"Greek mythology. It's a lion with a goat coming out of its back, and a tail that ends in the head of a snake," Sydney explains.
"That's right Sydney. Do you want to read us the full Wikipedia entry off your phone. But that does get us into the next topic of mutation. As you know from the reading, DNA is a fragile molecule, isn't it Scott? Or did you miss last nights assigned reading?" She asks.
"Kind of," Scott replies, looking up from his paper.
"Kind of, or yes?" She asks him.
"Mostly yes." Scott answers, looking disappointed.
"Well then, thank you for another transition in topic. Drop forms." Mars. Finch says, holding them up. "All those now acutely aware that they do not belong in this class, you should fill one out. The rest will be on my desk." She adds, passing them out to certain people.
I watch as Scott grabs one from her desk, and walks out. I follow after him, calling his name.
He turns around and stops, as I walk up to him. "Don't let her get to you. She has no idea what we go through on a day to day basis. You deserve to be in that class, just as much as everyone else does."
He smiles at me,"Thanks, I'll think about it."
At the end of my day, I joined Scott and Kira in the library.
"Did you get in to see Lydia?" Scott asks Stiles as him and Malia walk up.
He shakes his head,"No. I tried using my free period, but she's still in the ICU, and no one outside family is allowed in."
"We got one thing," Malia says, setting down a copy of the bestiary.
"Anything in here about half-werewolves, half-kanimas?" Kira asks.
"The Chimera," Scott states.
"Uh, what?" Stiles asks.
"Chimera. It's a creature make of incongruous parts. And if Liam said he forums two burial sites, that means Tracy's not the only one." Scott explains.
"Who's the second Chimera?" I ask.
"And why would they bury them?" Stiles questions.
"Deaton thinks it's part of their processes," Scott explains.
"The people in masks." Malia states.
After a while, Scott and Kira left to go to the hospital, his Mom had something to show them. I stayed with Malia and Stiles and began looking through some books on supernatural creatures, trying to figure out what Jordan is, while Stiles slept on a book, and Malia stared off into space, clicking her pen.
"Hey, I'm taking off, I'll meet you at home." She tells me.
"Bye."
About a half an hour later, I decide to wake Stiles up so we can head home. We go out to his jeep, so he can drop me off by mine, seeing as it's parked on the other side of the school. But as usual, as soon as Stiles starts it, smoke starts coming out from under the hood.
"Stiles, you should really just take this thing in, have a real mechanic look at it," I tell him as we  get out of the car.
He shakes his head, duct tape in his hands,"You know how much money that would be?"
I roll my eyes,"I'll help you pay for it." I say, as I watch him tape a piece of some kind of thick hose looking thing.
I look back, and out of the corner of my eye, I see someone behind us. My heart drops in my chest, when I see that it's Donovan. He goes to put a hand on Stiles shoulder,"Stiles watch out!"
This mouth looking thing appears on Donovan's hand, and he puts it on Stiles shoulder, causing him to cry out in pain.
*******************************************
Thanks for the 1K views guys!!! I love you all so much! Thank you for the support you bring! I hope you enjoy this chapter, don't forget to comment and vote:)
-S