Chapter 28

I watch as Jordan falls to his knees holding his chest as I begin to feel an immense pain in my own chest, unlike any pain I've had when connecting with anyone

I watch as Jordan falls to his knees holding his chest as I begin to feel an immense pain in my own chest, unlike any pain I've had when connecting with anyone. I hobble my way over to him, and I am quick to pull out the two pieces out from his chest, allowing his ash covered body to slowly lower to the ground, his eyes falling shut. I press my hand to his bleeding chest as I call out his name, shaking his shoulder with my free hand. It takes a moment, but soon he opens his eyes looking up at me, his eyes an intense shade of forest green.
"Noelle?"
I smile lightly running my fingers through his hair,"Maybe I should have told you to be careful instead of the other way around."
He lets out a chuckle, quickly turning into a cough in pain,"I'll be ok, I'm healing already."
I lightly wipe the sweat from his forehead, letting my fingers run along his cheek,"I still worry about you, more than I should."
He pushes himself from the ground and pulls me up along with him. I help bring him over to a corner, where he would be able to safely rest until he regained his strength.
He looks up at me as I'm about to sit down next to him,"You should go."
I kneel down next to him, frowning in confusion,"What?"
He grabs one of my hands,"As much as it kills me for you to walk into danger without me, you have to go. I'll be right behind you, I just need a little more time to heal. Go find Stiles."
I continue to frown in concern,"Are you sure." He nods so I kiss him lightly,"Be safe, I love you."
He smiles lightly,"Same goes to you, I love you too."
I then hesitantly get up and walk away from him, going to find Stiles. I find him a couple halls down talking to Theo.
"I want her out of here, too. I've got her scent." Theo says as I walk up to him.
Stiles glares at him,'What do you want?"
Theo shrugs,"What's the difference? I can find her, you can't."
Stiles nods and looks over at me,"Is Parrish ok?"
I nod,"Yeah, he's healing." I then look over at Theo glaring sharply at him. I raise my fist, punching him in the face, catching him off guard. "Stay the hell away from my boyfriend."
He rubs his jaw, smirking,"Fair enough."
We then turn and Theo leads us into a room, I quickly feel the head of the room, seeing many male patients getting out of the shower, they duck as soon as they see us, as if we were going to attack them at any second. Theo walks forward, after pausing in shock, and pushes a patient out of the way to see a vent, access to the tunnels.
We squat down and looking down at the tunnel below. "This leads to the tunnels, doesn't it?" Theo asks.
Stiles nods,"Miles of them. They could be anywhere right now."
We then, one by one climb down into the musky, dark tunnels. As soon as my feet hit the ground, I fall to my knees holding my head in pain, Lydia's pain to be exact. I get flashes of Lydia on her knees holding her own head in pain. Stiles grabs my face and calls my name to get me to look at him,"Noelle, you have to block it out, we have to keep going."
I let out a groan of both annoyance and pain, replying through clenched teeth,"I don't exactly know how to that, Stiles."
Theo gets down next to Stiles,"Noelle listen to me, you have to think about your anchor, block out the pain."
The sound of Allison's voice fills my head,"You will now have a very strong connection with Jordan. Stronger than your connection to anyone else... Remember think of Jordan."
My mind then flashes to something I said just a few weeks ago,"You're my anchor Jordan, I need you."
When I open my eyes again, Stiles and Theo are still right in front of me, I lower my hands from my head, the pain dissipating to a dull ache. Stiles helps me stand back up,"Are you okay?"
I nod my head,"Yeah it doesn't hurt as bad now, but we need to hurry, with the way he's pushing her abilities, I don't think she has much time left."
Theo stands up and walks over to the pipe lining the sides of the tunnels, pressing his ears against it.
"I thought you had her scent," Stiles says from beside me.
Theo lets out a sigh,"I lost it."
Stiles glares at him once again,"Well then find it again,"
"What do you smell down here, Stiles?" Theo asks, keeping his gaze on the pipes.
Stiles crosses his arms over his chest,"Chemicals and fecal matter. Although I'm pretty sure the fecal matter is you."
Theo ignores one of Stiles' less impressive sardonic comments,"I smell it too. It's all that I can smell, which is why I'm trying something else, so can you please shut up and let me concentrate."
Stiles shakes his head,"I'm gonna go find her."
I grab his arm before he walks off,"We won't find Lydia on our own, you know that. As much as I hate to say this, we need his help."
Theo nods in agreement,"She's right, Stiles. You're just going to have to trust me."
"Trust you? The guy who murdered his own sister when he was nine?" Stiles snaps.
Theo nods,"Yeah, I was nine years old. I also believed in that guy in a red suit came down the chimney to deliver presents. So when three people in leather masks showed, and said that my sister wanted me to have her heart, I believed them too."
"So then together you gutted her and killed her. That's a beautiful story." Stiles states sarcastically.
Theo frowns in frustration,"I watched her fall into the water and freeze to death in minutes. Do you think I had any idea what was going on?"
"I think you pushed her, and I think you liked it."
I roll my eyes,"As lovely as listening to this conversation is, we still have to find Lydia, so if you could press pause and save this for later, that would be great."l
Suddenly Lydia's loud screams echo through all of the tunnels,"What direction was that coming from?"
Theo concentrates as Stiles continues to nag him,"Everywhere."
We began to search around in the immediate area trying to find any sign of Lydia, coming up with nothing, after walking a countless number of halls in this place.
Theo lets out a sigh,"Nothing."
Stiles glares at Theo,"Great. You're just as useless as we are."
"I'm trying to help save her life." Theo states.
Stiles rolls his eyes,"Would you just drop the altruistic crap? You're helping us because Noelle can get you to Parrish, and you want Parrish because he can get you to the Beast."
Theo turns away and begins walking,"So what? I want it dead too."
I glare at his back,"Right after you take its power, right? We know why you have the talons, and we know you're looking for Deucalion."
Theo turns around to look at us,"I found Deucalion. You're right. I'm gonna help Parrish stop the the Beast. I'm going to take the power, and then I'm gonna break its neck. So maybe I'm not the good guys in your eyes, but I might end up being the guy that saves all of your asses, including Lydia and Parrish."
Stiles lets out a sigh,"Break it."
Theo frowns in confusion,"What?"
I catch on to what he's saying,"The sound travels through the pipe."
Theo still seems to be confused so Stiles adds,"You'll hear better, dumbass. Break it."
He nods and raises his fist, breaking through one of the pipes, and presses his ear to to it. After a few seconds, he pulls away, with a victorious smile on his face,"I know where she is, but we have to go, we don't have much time."
Theo begins to run through the tunnels, and Stiles and I follow. With every step that I take closer to Lydia, the more my head begins to hurt again. The last time something like this happened, Allison died, and I refuse to let that happen to Lydia, not after everything we've been through together.
As we get closer to Lydia, we are able to hear Valack's voice,"If you could see the face of this teenager, discover its identity, then your friends would have a fighting chance. The mask can help you see."
We get to a set of double doors, to the room where Lydia is, and of course, its locked. Theo begins banging his shoulder against it, in a desperate attempt to open the door, as Stiles and I call her name.
"What the hell are you doing? Get the door." Stiles snaps, as the pain in my head gets even worse.
"I'm trying." Theo shouts over Lydia's cries of pain.
Lydia lets out a scream, louder than I've ever heard from her, it causes the three of us to hold our ears and drop to our knees in pain.
When it stops, Theo reaches out and pulls off the doorknob. Stiles pushes past him and runs to Lydia, me right behind him.
Stiles walks right by Valack's dead body to Lydia, and I stand back, letting him talk to her.
"You came back."
Stiles pulls the things attached to her temples off,"We're getting you out of here, okay?"
"You can't, it's too dangerous," Lydia mumbles weakly.
"Lydia, please shut up and let me save your life."
I let out a sigh and turn to Theo, who is standing beside me,"I still don't trust you, but thank you."
He nods, and with that, I grab the other side of Lydia, and together we make our way out of the room.
"Okay, Lydia, I know it hurts, but you have to try and stay on your feet." Stiles tells her.
I turn to the both of them,"The plan didn't work out too well, we need your help."
Lydia lets out a groan,"You had a plan?"
Stiles nods,"Yeah, it was good on paper. Not so much in reality."
We make it through a door frame, but Lydia slips out of our hands, falling to her knees. The pain intensifies in my head, as it does in her's.
"Stiles, Noelle, run!" Lydia shouts.
All of a sudden Jordan pulls Stiles back, and Scott comes and pulls me away. He and Liam hold me away, as there's a large explosion. I look up through my pain and see Jordan holding Lydia.
Scott walks over,"I'll take her, you get Noelle."
Jordan is quick to pick me up the same way he had Lydia. I look up at his soot covered face, looking into his vibrant green eyes,"She's in too much pain, I can't block it out. I have to help her."
He nods,"I know, just hold on, we're going to get you guys out of here."
"Follow me," I heard Scott say as I rest my head on Jordan's warm chest.
"There's a gate up ahead."  Liam states as they hurry through the tunnels.
"What about Mason?" Scott asks.
"He's on it. Trust me."
"What's happening?" I hear Lydia ask.
"Plan B."
"Liam slow down!"
I turn my head and watch as Liam grabs a fence, and uses all his strength, leading me to believe Mason must have found an other way, otherwise that fence would have shocked him.
"I told you," Liam shouts.
We finally make it outside, in front of Eichen House now, when Stiles' jeep pulls up, and out comes Malia and Kira, as Jordan sets me on the ground.
"Is she okay?" Malia asks.
"We have to get her to the clinic," Scott states panting.
From beside me, I hear Joran let out a groan of pain, as he falls against the jeep, with deep claw marks in his back. I help Jordan up from the jeep, and turn to see Tracy holding Lydia with a sinister smirk on her face,"Sorry, but she's coming with me."
Scott's eyes are wide,"Okay, Tracy, just wait. You don't know what's about to happen."
"I'm taking her. That's what's happening. And none of you are going to do a thing..."
She then lets a groan of pain and falls to the ground, and behind her is Lydia's mom, holding a taser. "Could someone please get my daughter out of this hellhole?"
We didn't have to be told twice, Stiles and Lydia get in the back, I sit on Jordan's lap in the passenger seat, and Scott drives.
"We're almost there. Lydia, just hold on, okay." Stiles tells her.
She lets out a small scream, causing us all to wince. I buried my head in the crook of Jordan's neck as I continue to connect with Lydia, letting my body connect with her's, taking as much of her pain as I could.
"Lydia, you're going to get through this, okay? Look at me, you're going to make it."
"But you're not." she replies weakly.
Jordan wraps his arms tighter around me, and kisses the top of my head as Scott begins to speed up. Soon we are at the clinic, and Stiles and Scott are quick to help Lydia onto the table as Deaton runs frantically around the room.
The two hold her down as Jordan and I stand back, him keeping an arm wrapped around my waist to keep me standing.
The room shakes as Lydia lets out another small scream, Deaton shouting at Stiles and Scott to hold her down.
"Doc, I think you gotta do something." Stiles shouts frantically.
"I will, but right now I need you to hold her still," he says as he fills a needle with a substance and walks over, pointing it right by her head.
"What is that?"
"Mistletoe."
"Mistletoe? She's got a fricking hole in her head.
Deaton applies the mistletoe on her head, the pain pushes her over the edge as she sits up and screams loudly, causing the window to shatter. Jordan wraps his arms around me and pulls us to the ground to avoid the glass. Just then, the immense pain in my head stops, as we stand back up.
I look over to Lydia's eyes shut, glass covering her. Stiles reaches over and brushes the glass off her face, and calls out to her, trying to get her to wake up. I look away in sadness, as Jordan pulls me into his chest, as tears begin to fall from my eyes, just then I hear her gasp, and I turn to see her open her eyes. A smile grows on my face as she sits up, seeming to be find. Her mother walks in, and pulls her into her arms,"They saved me. Stiles save me."
A smile grows on my face as I realize that the girl my little brother has been going after since forever finally feels the same way. She just may not know it yet.
A small smile of victory grows on my brother's face,"I'm not paying for the windows."
Jordan grabs my hand,"Come on, let's go home."
I nod and follow him to my jeep that's parked outside, we then head to his apartment, the both of us exhausted. After we take a shower, we head to bed.
"Thanks for being there for me, I don't know what we would have done without you." I say as I lay on his chest.
He presses his lips to my head, then smiles,"I'll always be here for you. I can't promise to fix all of your problems, but I can promise you won't have to face them alone."
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hey guys!!!! It's been so long since I last updated, and I'm so sorry for that, it's been a stressful school year so far. But enough with the excuses, I really hope you all liked it! Let me know what you thought of the different Joelle moments, and if you caught yourself a case of the feels! As always I'd love to have your support and hear what you guys have to say, so please comment and vote!
-S