Chapter 30

Jordan stares at me in shock, his eyes wide as his hand drops from my stomach,"Pregnant? A-Are you sure?" My head lowers to the ground,"Yeah, Scott heard the heartbeat

My head lowers to the ground,"Yeah, Scott heard the heartbeat. I'm so sorry Jordan, this is the last thing you need right now. You can't leave, I just... I can't do this without you."
He doesn't say anything, just simply looks at the ground in shock. I let out a sigh as a few more moments of silence go by,"I'm just gonna go, and give you time to process. Just don't try and leave without talking to me."
I spin slowly around and walk out of the room with a sinking feeling in my chest. I know now is not the time for a baby, but every woman wants the father to at least be excited for the baby, or say anything in general.
I make my way down the hall and then to the door. Just as I reach out to grab the handle, I feel Jordan's warm hand on my arm as he pulls me back around to face him.  "I'm sorry Elle, I'm just shocked that's all."
I let my gaze fall to the ground, guilt running through me,"Yeah that wasn't the best way to tell you... I just... I couldn't let you leave and I didn't know how to make you stay."
Jordan puts his thumb under my chin, making me meet his gaze,"Noelle, you won't have to be alone, I'm not going anywhere. I love you so much, and I know I'll love our baby just as much."
I let a sigh,"So what do we do now?"
He grabs my hands."We'll go to Melissa tomorrow morning, and go from there." I nod, as his eyes widen in realization,"I totally forgot I have to work tonight. You shouldn't stay alone tonight, is there anyone at home?"
"I don't think I can go home yet, I'll just go to Lydia's tonight," I reply.
"Do you want me to drop you off?" Jordan asks as he places one of his leather jackets over my shoulders.
I shake my head,"No, my car's here, I don't want to make you late for work."
He looks hesitant, but nods his head anyway,"Ok, I get off work 7:30, so we could meet at the hospital around 8."
"Sounds good to me, be safe at work please." I say to him.
He kisses me lightly,"I always am. I will see you two tomorrow."
With that we both leave, and I head to Lydia's, after shooting a text to her that I was coming. When I get there she lets me in and leads me up to her room. I take a shower as she goes downstairs and makes some a pizza and some popcorn, insisting we have one night of normalcy. Once I'm out of the shower and dressed in some of Lydia's pajamas, I walk into her room and look around the room where I used to spend so much time in. I smile at the memories of life before all of this supernatural drama,"I haven't been in here in forever."
She smiles,"I know, I miss our sleepovers."
"Thanks for letting me stay, I just didn't want to go home tonight." I tell her honestly.
"Why not?"
I let out a sigh,"I have something to tell you-"
"You're pregnant." Lydia interrupts, causing my mouth to drop open in shock.
My eyes are wide as I ask,"What? How did you know?"
Lydia smirks confidently,"I'm a Martin, I know everything. And Scott may have let it slip when he was filling me in on what happened tonight."
"He didn't happen to tell anyone else, did he?" I ask, panic rising in my chest.
Lydia shakes her head,"No, the rest is up to you."
I sit down on Lydia's bed, letting out a groan as I hug one of her pillows to my chest, "I have no idea how I'm going to tell my Dad, or Stiles."
"Cheer up, you're pregnant, not dying. I know just how to tell Stiles, wait here." Lydia tells me before running out of the room. A small smile grows on my lips, this is aut to be interesting.
A few minutes later, she walks back in and hands me a small baby t-shirt. I pick it up and read the shirt letting out a laugh. It says, I have the world's best uncle. "Where did you even get this?"
"Danny was going to give it to his brother as a joke for April Fools day, but he ended up not needing it, because he ended up telling his family he was gay.