Chapter 24

I had left the hospital today to go change my clothes, and to give Stiles and my dad a chance to talk knowing that our dad knew the real story of what happened in that library

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

I had left the hospital today to go change my clothes, and to give Stiles and my dad a chance to talk knowing that our dad knew the real story of what happened in that library. After getting changed, Jordan picked me up, Scotty following closely behind, and we headed to the crime scene where Deputy Clarke had discovered the a dying man that had been attacked by something big, something bigger than we had ever faced before. On top of that Theo had resurrected a few Chimeras making himself a pack, including Hayden, who had died just a few days ago. The only two good things that have happened in the last few days is that our dad was ok, and Jordan and I are doing much better now that we made up. When we arrive at the station, we get out, and stand on the side of Jordan's truck, as he pulls up the security feed from the door outside the crime scene, angling the phone so the three of us could see it.
"This is the relay station's security camera." Jordan tells us, before playing the feed.
I watch as a large black blur runs quickly out the door, and disappear as fast as it came. It was like a large werewolf, the largest one I've ever seen. My eyes are wide as I look up at Jordan. "That looked big."
"And too fast for anyone to get a good look at it. But you two already know what it is, don't you?" Jordan asks us knowingly.
Scott and I nod and reply in sinc,"The last Chimera."
We then follow Jordan into the wet, musty smelling basement of the station. It's completely destroyed with torn electrical cords and wrecked cabinets. Behind the police crime scene tape is a large pool of blood that belonged to the dead communications tech. Scott squats down by the blood, as Jordan and I watch from behind.
His fingers hover above the blood for just a second before he turns towards us,"You still got a black light?"
Jordan grabs it from his police belt, and turns it on, handing it to Scott. He takes it, and hovers it above the blood, which gives off a familiar smoke telling us that there was Mercury.
"Mercury mean Chimera." I mutter as Scott  hands the light back to Jordan and stands up.
"But what was it doing here? Why come here and kill some random communications tech?" Jordan asks as we follow Scott through the basement.
"Maybe it just likes to kill. Maybe that's just what it does." Scott replies his voice carrying slight anger.
"That's terrifying."
Fear begins to fill my chest as I think of what the future may hold, and what this thing, this monster could do. "Jordan, how many bodies do you actually see when you dream about the Nemeton?"
I look into his fear filled eyes as he replies,"Everyone."
We leave soon after that, I say goodbye to Jordan, telling I'll be at his apartment sometime tonight. Scott and I then go to his house to start to try and figure all of this out.
I watched Scott set up an evidence board similar to what Stiles' looks like, just maybe a lot worse looking. Scott puts in the last piece of evidence that we have, smiling proudly at himself. He steps away and turns to me, causing a string to be pulled off the board, making everything else fall down.
I let out a sigh, standing up to face Scott,"I know you don't want to hear this, but we need Stiles, we can't do this without him, we never have been able to. And we never will. Scott, you guys are best friends, that's not going to change because of one fight, we've been through too much for that."
Scott lets out a sigh and nods,"You're right."
We then head to the hospital, a place I've been too many times before, and Scott tracks them to the basement, the morgue to be exact. We head down there and see the two of them talking beside Donovan's body. When I see that, I quickly pull Scott back. This is the talk I've been waitng for, the talk they both need, especially Stiles, who has gone through more hell than the rest of us lately.
"We'll find him later, do you think Malia could help us?" I ask Scott once we get to the point where Stiles and our dad can't hear us.
Scott shrugs,"I doubt it. She was already distant enough the last time we saw her. But we can try. We need all the help we can get."
We go back outside, and get on Scott's dirtbike and head over to Malia's house. When we arrive, everything is quiet, and I can't but wonder if she is even home. But as soon as we got off Scott's bike, she opens the door. "You guys didn't have to come all the way out here."
I shrug as we walk up on her porch, stopping a few feet from her. "You weren't answering your phone."
Malia shakes her head, keeping her expression emotionless,"I can't help you. Not right now."
"What if I told you you're the only one that we have left?" Scott asks, trying to pull any emotion from her.
Malia keeps her face stone cold,"You've got each other. Besides, you're not going to want my help."
Scott lets out a small sigh,"Anything that happened between us..."
Malia shakes her head, interrupting Scott,"I'm talking about something that's going to happen. Something I'm going to do. And neither of you are going to like me much after I do it."
Scott looks at her with confusion and sadness,"Is that why I hear two other heartbeats in there? And why yours is beating so fast?"
"Scott, Noelle, go home. I can't help."
I let out a sigh, sadness filling my chest. Although we hadn't known her long, the fact that she wanted nothing to do with us, and that she couldn't come to us with help when she had problems, hurt me. Scott and I get back on his bike, taking a few looks back at Malia, hoping that she would somehow change her mind, but we soon gave up, going back to Scott's house.
When we get there, I let go of Scott's waist causing him to wince slightly. This causes the marks on my body to hurt , which causes my own bandaged abdomen to hurt as well. "Does it still hurt as much as it did?" I ask referring to the deep claw marks Theo had left on him.
He lets out a small sigh of frustration as he gets off his bike,"Yeah, what about you?"
I shrug as we walk into his house,"Maybe even worse, but it's stopped bleeding." I look down as blood begins to seep through his shirt. "Come on, I'll help you get that cleaned up."