{18} : Me And My Tripping Problems

Author's Note: This story has reached hundred votes! Thank you so much! :) If you continue to vote and comment, I'm going to continue updating frequently. :)

{18} : Me And My Tripping Problems

I nodded and gestured for him towards the stair. He started descending the stair. I looked down, trying to find him in the darkness. Suddenly the lights down there were switched on. And I could finally see the whole of the stair. The stair was made of metal and it also had metal railings. I could've climbed down the stair with the help of the railings.

But who am I kidding? I would've definitely tripped over the stair even with the railing.

I saw Ashton ascending the stair. When his feet were on the bathroom floor, he said, "You can go in now. But climb down the stair carefully." He knew about my clumsiness.

When I set my foot on the first metal step, I saw Ashton exiting the bathroom. "Where are you going?" I called out to him. Isn't he coming down after me?

"Go ahead. I'll just be down there with our suitcases," he answered.

I opened my mouth to ask him if he needed any help but then quickly closed it because I knew that I would definitely trip over the stair if I have a suitcase in my hand. Me and my tripping problems.

I started climbing down the stair at a turtle's pace. Don't trip. Don't trip. I said to myself.

When I reached the ground, I was happy for not tripping over. I moved a little away from the stair because Ashton was climbing down the stair with two suitcases in his hand.

He's so strong. I started daydreaming about his muscles.

"Rachael?" Ashton's voice brings me back to reality.

"Yeah," I answered.

"What were you thinking?" he asked as he put our suitcases on the ground.

About your muscles.

"Nothing," I said.

"Don't you want to explore the safe place?"

"Yeah," I said, getting excited.

"Then, let's go," he said and grabbed my arm. This little gesture made my cheeks turn red.

"Okay, as you can see, we are standing in the drawing room," he told me. I looked around. The safe place looked like......a normal house. I thought that the safe place would be full of gadgets.

"Ashton, where are the gadgets?" I asked, impatiently.

He laughed. "You want to see the gadgets?" he asked.

"Yeah," I nodded my head violently, getting excited at the mention of the word "gadgets."

"Hey, stop that otherwise your head will fall off your neck," he teased.

"Ashton!" I playfully hit his arm. We both started laughing.

"Okay," he said once he stopped laughing. He grabbed my arm and took me to a room. When we were inside the room, I realized that it was the bedroom.

I started scanning the bedroom. There was a double-size bed and opposite the bed was a large LED TV screen attached to the wall. There was a wooden desk under the TV, on which a keyboard was kept along with a mouse. The keyboard and the mouse were attached to the TV screen.

"There's your gadget," he said while pointing towards the whole setup.

"You mean the television-cum-computer?" I asked.

"It's not a television-cum-computer," he told me.

"Then, what is it?"

"Let me show you," he said as he walked over the TV screen and switched it on. Images of the various rooms of the house were displayed on the screen.

"It's the main computer of all the security cameras," he told me.

"Security cameras?" I asked confusingly. "I didn't see any security cameras when we entered the house."

"That's because they're the size of a button," he told me.

"Why are there cameras in the house? And are there any cameras here, in the safe place?" I asked him.

"There are cameras in the house so that we can come to know if someone tries to break in the house. And there are cameras even in here and also the area surrounding the entire house so as to spot the enemies from a distance," he answered.

I went near the TV screen. I saw the images. Everything seemed normal. My gaze fell on the image showing the bathroom, from where we had come inside the safe place. "You have a camera in the bathroom?!" I asked, shock evident in my voice.

"Well, that's because it's the only way to get here to the safe place. And if anyone tries to enter the safe place, we'll see him in that screen," he said while pointing towards the TV screen.

But still. How can he have a camera in a bathroom?! Did he have a camera installed in my bathroom when I was staying in his apartment?! The thought terrifies me.

"When I was staying at your apartment, did you have a camera installed in my bathroom?" I dare to ask him.