{25} : Somehow, I Knew That It Was Him.

Michael's POV

I was trying to find a pattern and trace the hacker. By now, I should've traced the hacker but it was taking so much time. The hacker that we're dealing with is a brilliant one and with a lot of experience too. It will be hard to trace him but it isn't impossible.

"Michael, you've been working day and night without eating properly. It's affecting your health," Sandra told me.

"I don't care about my health. I just want to track the hacker and get him caught so that I won't have to worry about Rachael being in danger anymore," I said to her, my eyes still glued to the laptop screen.

"Michael, your sister is not in danger now. She's in the safe house and Ashton is with her. You know that he will do anything to protect her and keep her away from danger."

"I know but I won't be at peace until and unless I get the hacker caught," I make myself clear to her.

"Okay. But you need energy to work on tracking the hacker," she said to me. "Eat this," she waved the burger in front of my face again.

She was right. I won't be able to track the hacker if I'm weak. I need to be strong. I need energy.

I took my gaze away from the laptop screen and look up at Sandra for the first time. I take the burger from her and thank her. She smiled at me. I smiled back.

She cares about me. I too care about her. Sometimes I wish that we could be together. But I don't want her to be in danger because of me.

If we are together, she will be my weakness. She still is.

I don't want my enemies to use her against me.

I put the laptop aside me on the sofa and started eating the burger. The burger was good. Even though the burger was big, I finished eating it within seconds. I wanted to eat more because I was still hungry.

Seeing the expression on my face, Sandra smiled at me as she offered me another burger, "I knew one big burger won't be enough for you."

I quickly took the burger from her and stuffed it inside my mouth.

"Thanks," I said, my mouth still stuffed with burger. She laughed. I love to hear her laughter. It makes me want to forget all my worries.

"Good morning," Mark yawned as he emerged from his bedroom.

"Good morning," Sandra and I said in unison. I had finished eating my second burger.

"Did you find something new?" Mark asked me as he sat beside me on the sofa.

"No," I said and sighed. "The hacker is really smart."

"How are things going in the safe house?" he asked next.

"Everything is fine. Today, I called Ashton early in the morning. He told me that everything is going smooth."

"Did you talk to Rachael?"

"No. She was sleeping when I had called Ashton. I didn't want to wake her up," I told him.

Mark nodded.

No one spoke. There was silence in the room. But soon, that silence was broken by my phone ringing.

I looked at the caller ID. It was an unknown number.

It was the hacker.

Somehow, I knew that it was him.

By the look on my face, Mark and Sandra also knew that the hacker was calling me.

I signaled Mark to trace the call using my laptop. He went to work as soon as I answered my phone.

"Stop wasting your time in tracing my call," the voice of a man spoke from the other side of the phone. "It will take you years to find my location. You won't be able to get me caught. You're just a kid. Listen to me and drop this assignment."

"I'm close to finding you and you also know that. You want me to drop this assignment because you're scared of getting caught. And you know damn well that I'm the only one who can get you caught," I told him.

The hacker laughed. "I'm not scared, kid. You're the one who should be scared. I should've sent more people to kill your sister and your friend."

"If you hurt them then you're dead and gone," I threatened him. I just wanted to strangle him.

"I can do more than hurting them. You don't know what I'm capable of. If you knew, you would've dropped from this assignment by now. You think that hiding them would keep them away from danger but you are wrong. I'm going to find them and the day I find them, you're going to regret messing with me," the hacker hung up the phone.

"I couldn't trace the call," Mark said.

"Shit!" I knew we were wasting time on tracing the hacker's call but that's the only thing we could do. The way he hacked into the bank's main computer is still a mystery to me. I'm trying to solve the mystery but all I can see is dead end.

"We won't be able to catch the hacker," I said as I buried my head in my hands.

Sandra put her hand on my shoulder as she sat beside me, "Michael, we're close to getting the hacker and that's why he's panicking and telling you to drop the assignment. Stay positive. We're going to get him very soon."

I looked up to Sandra and said, "I hope so."

I just want to get to the hacker before he gets to Rachael.

I dialed Ashton's number. I wanted him to assure me that Rachael is alright. I wanted him to tell me that he will protect her with his own life. I wanted him to tell me that he'll keep her safe no matter what. I just needed to be assured.