{30} : No One Can Separate Us.

Author's Note: Rank #461 Humor/ #962 Teen Fiction :)

{30} : No One Can Separate Us.

"Just because I'm hot and sexy, doesn't mean that I'm not a virgin," he said. His face turned serious as he said, "I never got time to do normal stuff that people used to do. Because of my training, I didn't get time to like someone or even date. I thought that it would be better if I remain single because I don't want anyone to be in danger, especially the girl whom I like."

After a pause, he said, "I didn't date so I didn't have girlfriends. You're my first girlfriend."

It seemed unbelievable but the look on Ashton's face told me that he was telling me the truth. Hearing him say that I'm his first girlfriend made a stupid grin appear on my face.

"You're my first boyfriend," I told him.

He smiled and said, "I know." He looked at his wrist watch. "It's lunch time. I'm going in the kitchen to prepare us some lunch," he said.

I nodded and he got up from the bed to go to the kitchen.

Ashton's POV

After preparing the lunch, I took the food to my room. I sat the food on the bed. Rachael and I started eating.

We were eating in silence. Why were we eating in silence? I thought that we ended our last conversation on a good note.

I saw Rachael looking at her food while she was eating. I could tell that she could feel my gaze on her but she decided not to look in my way.

I turned my head back to the TV screen which was showing images of area surrounding the house. As I was looking at the image showing a part of the forest, something caught my eye. I was shocked.

That isn't possible!

I quickly put my plate on the bed and went to the TV screen to look more closely. I was scanning the image of the forest. The area was clear. There was no one there.

But I saw them!

Am I hallucinating?

I started looking at the other views from the security cameras. I couldn't spot anyone.

I'm damn sure that I saw them!

"Ashton, what happened?" Rachael asked me.

"Rachael, I need you to lock the safe house. I'm going out," I told her as I pulled out a pistol from the desk on which the keyboard was kept.

"Ashton, what happened?" Rachael asked, panicking a little.

"I'm just going to check the area. I think I saw someone," I answered as I exited the room and made my way towards the metal stair. I heard Rachael walking after me.

I started climbing the metal stair and opened the large tile with the small key I had in my pocket. When I was standing on the bathroom floor, I gave the key to Rachael. She looked worried for me.

"I'll be back in a minute," I assured her. I put the large tile back and heard Rachael locking the tile.

I quickly went outside the house, locking the door behind me. I made my way towards the forest area without being noticed.

After searching the area for half an hour, I couldn't find anyone. I went back inside the house. As soon as I entered the bathroom, Rachael unlocked the tile. I entered the safe place and locked the tile.

I went back to my room and put the pistol in the desk under the TV screen.

"Did you see anyone?" Rachael asked. By saying "anyone", she meant enemies.

"No. I guess I was seeing things," I told her. She gave me a slight nod and went back to the bed to sit. I followed her and went to sit on the bed.

And we were back to giving each other the silent treatment.

"I thought our last conversation ended on a good note then why aren't we talking to each other?" I asked her.

"I just want to keep quiet," she answered.

"That's it? That's the reason?" I asked.

"Yeah," she said, looking at the bed.

"Rachael, did I do something wrong?"

"No, no, Ashton. You didn't do anything wrong."

"Then, what's the matter? I can see that something is bothering you," I said to her.

"I'm just thinking about things," she said.

"What are you thinking?" I asked.

She was hesitant to tell me at first but she gave up and told me, "I was thinking about what if Michael comes to know what happened between us. I don't want him to know."

"Then, he will not know," I said to her. I thought that she would turn her head in my direction but she didn't.

I came closer to her. Thank God she didn't move away from me.

"Look at me," I said to her. She obeyed.

"Don't worry," I told her. I leaned in and kissed her softly. "If you want, we won't tell Michael anything about us."

"We can't hide from him forever. He will come to know about us one day," she said.

"I'll make sure that he won't find about us," I assure her. She gave me a small smile. I made a move to hug her. She hugged me back, tightly.

I know Rachael. She doesn't want Michael to know about us because he will definitely be against us. She thinks that Michael will do anything to separate us if he comes to know that Rachael and I are together. Even I think the same. But I won't let him separate us.

No one can separate us.

After hugging Rachael, I looked at the TV screen. My gaze fell on the image showing the forest area.

I still can't believe that the people whom I saw in the TV screen were Rachael's parents.

They are dead, right?