{34} : "I Believe You."

Author's Note: I'll be updating daily so don't forget to check it out. :) I read every comment so don't hesitate to comment. :) I really like knowing your reactions. :D

{34} : "I Believe You."

Ashton's POV

Two bodies were found in the car but they were badly burnt that it was difficult to even identify them. But the forensic team had confirmed their identities. The bodies belonged to Bradley and Miranda.

The car was searched for the chip but the chip wasn't found. So, it was assumed that the chip was destroyed when the car exploded in flames.

That's all the information was given.

I looked at Rachael and saw that she was trying to process all that she had read.

Suddenly, my phone started ringing. It was Michael calling. I picked up the call.

"How can it be possible?" Michael asked me. "I thought that my parents were dead."

"Everyone thought so," I told him. "And Michael, believe me. I'm not the hacker that hacked the bank's main computer."

"I believe you, bro," my best friend said. His words made me smile. Michael believes me.

"I'm being framed," I told him.

"I also feel that you're being framed," Michael said. He continued, "I called you as soon as I saw the security footage. My parents are alive! Even though I've seen the evidence of their existence, I'm still finding it hard to believe it!"

I know that Michael was shocked to know that his parents were alive. Even I was shocked. Two secret agents of Special Squad were dead. But now, they are alive! It was unbelievable!

"It's hard for me to believe too," I said. "They were leading an army of armed men and they even started firing at the house. Something felt wrong about them so we left the safe house and now, we're in another safe house which is outdated."

"Ashton, can't you take Rachael to Special Squad's Headquarters?" Michael asked me.

"I think that they are expecting us to do exactly that! I don't want to risk Rachael's safety. So, all we can do now is hide from them," I explained.

"Do you think my parents will hurt Rachael?" Michael asked softly.

"I don't know," I said, "But let's hope for the best. Let's hope that they don't know where we are hiding. I think your parents weren't dead after all. I think they were hiding all these years. What do you think?"

"But, why would they hide?" he asked.

"That's what we have to find out," I said.

"How's Rachael?" he asked.

"She's fine," I answered.

"Ashton, tell me where you are," Michael said.

I gave him the location of the safe house we're at.

"I'll try to get there are soon as possible," he told me.

"Yeah," that's all I said. And we ended the call.

After a few hours...

I was still sitting on the couch with Rachael by my side. She was thinking and processing the events that happened today.

I rose from the couch. I looked around this safe house. I realized that the curtain of the window was not drawn. I better close the curtain.

I went towards the window. I was about to close the curtain but just then, I spotted something between the trees.

I blinked my eyes, thinking that the sight before me would vanish. But it didn't.

People wearing black uniform, carrying big guns were emerging from the trees. But that didn't shock me.

The fact that shocked me was the two familiar faces of the people about whom I had just read.

Rachael's parents, Bradley and Miranda were leading the army of armed men.

Bradley and Miranda were the only people who didn't have their faces covered.

They were slowly approaching the house.

Shit!

What should I do?

The back door!

Since we can't get out by the front door, we'll get out by the back door.

"Rachael, we need to get out from here, right now!" I told her. My voice brought her back to reality. She looked at me confusingly.

After looking at my alarming expression, she asked, "What happened, Ashton?"

I pointed towards the window. She followed my direction and her eyes grew big with shock. She was frozen on the couch.

I went towards her and pulled her up to her feet. "We need to get out right now!" I told her. She nodded her head.