{35} : "Sorry? You're Just Sorry?!

Author's Note: This book has crossed 8,000 reads and 300 votes! I want to thank all those people who are reading, voting and commenting. Thank you. :)

{35} : "Sorry? You're Just Sorry?!"

Ashton's POV

"Rachael, we need to get out from here, right now!" I told her. My voice brought her back to reality. She looked at me confusingly.

After looking at my alarming expression, she asked, "What happened, Ashton?"

I pointed towards the window. She followed my direction and her eyes grew big with shock. She was frozen on the couch.

I went towards her and pulled her up to her feet. "We need to get out right now!" I told her. She nodded her head.

Rachael's POV

I can't believe that I just saw my parents! The sight made my legs turn jelly and I thought that I was going to faint.

Was I dreaming?

Everything felt so real.

A hand grabbed my arm and was pulling me. I realized that Ashton was pulling me towards the back door. When he opened the back door, he cursed.

I could see men aiming at us with their guns.

Just then, a sound of breaking the door was heard.

"Don't you dare move," a voice behind me ordered. A male voice too familiar for me.

Ashton and I both froze. I heard a man coming towards us and he grabbed Ashton's arms, putting handcuffs over his wrists.

We both were turned around and were made to face my parents, whom I thought were dead.

Seeing my parents brought tears in my eyes.

Mom too had tears in her eyes. "Rachael, I missed you so much," she said.

"But you both were dead," I said.

"We pretended to be dead," she said.

"But why?" I asked.

"We'll tell you later." This time, Dad spoke.

"Why don't you tell right now," Ashton demanded.

"Boy, if you speak with me in that tone then I'll kill you," Dad threatened him. This is the first time I'm hearing Dad threatening someone.

"All I'm asking is the reason why you people pretended to be dead for so many years," Ashton said.

"We don't need to tell you that," Dad said.

"Come with us, Rachael," Mom said as she extended her hand towards me, for me to take.

"Rachael, don't," Ashton said.

"Shut your mouth, boy," Dad said and then turned to three of the armed men. "Take him."

Those three men took Ashton out of the house while he struggled to get out of their hold.

"Where are you taking him?" I asked Dad.

"We all are going to the same place," he answered.

Mom came towards me and put her hand around my shoulder as she said, "Let's get you to a safer place."

She led me outside the house and inside a car. I was made to sit between Mom and Dad in the back seat.

While we were travelling, no one spoke.

After hours of travelling, we reached an abandoned area. It was already dark. We got out of the car and Mom led me to a very old looking building.

The building had seven floors. I was escorted to the elevator by my parents and six armed men.

The elevator was stopped at the forth floor. I was led to a room with a bed. The armed men had left us and I was left alone in the room with my parents.

"Rachael, sit down," Mom said. I obeyed her. "You might want to know why we pretended to be dead for so many years."

I got angry. "I might want to know?! Do you have any idea how much I used to cry for you both every night for all these years?!"

"We are so sorry-"

"Sorry? You're just sorry?! You don't have no clue how much you've hurt Michael and me. And why the hell did you both pretended to be dead for so many years?" I asked my parents.

"Our cover would have blown if we didn't pretended to be dead," Dad answered.

"Cover? What cover?" I asked.

"Rachael, we were the traitors in the Special Squad," Dad said and I was left shocked.

"Your Mom's name and my name were encoded in a chip along with the other traitors and we had to get to that chip before the Special Squad. So, we started looking for the chip. One day, we were able to find the location of the chip and we were going to get it but Special Squad was informed about it. We got a call from the head saying to bring the chip to the Headquarters. We panicked because if the chip got in the hands of the head then we would be behind bars. So, at that very moment, we planned our death.

We told our men to get two bodies, identical to ours and we put those bodies hidden in the car. And along with the chip, we pretended to drive to the Headquarters. In the middle of the way, we signaled our men to shoot our car down after we jumped out of the car. They did as they were told. The car exploded into flames. And that's how we were dead for Special Squad. We came to know that the burnt bodies were sent to the forensic lab for identification. We bribed the lab assistants to give out the report stating that those bodies were ours. And that's how we made the Special Squad believe that we were dead.

We had gone undercover from that day. All these years, we kept ourselves hidden. We used to do our work in secrecy."

After Dad finished telling me everything, I was beyond shocked. How could they do this?

My parents were not like this.

"What kind of work do you do?" I dared to ask.