{33} : "How Can It Be Possible?"

When we pull back from the hug, Ashton's gaze goes to the TV screen and he becomes shocked. I follow his gaze to the screen and I'm too shocked.

How can it be possible?

On the screen, I can see people wearing black uniform, carrying big guns. They were emerging from the trees. But that didn't shock me.

The fact that shocked me was the two familiar faces of the people.

Those two faces were familiar to me because those familiar faces belonged to my parents.

They were leading the army of armed men.

I thought they were dead.

Ashton quickly went towards the screen and started to furiously type on the keyboard.

I went to him and asked, "What are you doing?"

"I'm recording this footage and sending it to Michael's phone," he answered while typing. "Rachael, pack your things. We need to get out of here."

"Why?" I asked him. "They are my parents."

Ashton stopped typing and looked at me. "Rachael, they have brought armed men along with them. By the look on their faces, they look dangerous. They can hurt you."

"My parents won't hurt me," I defended my parents.

Suddenly, we heard gun shots from above.

"They have started to break in the house," Ashton said. "Pack your suitcase, Rachael," he ordered.

I obeyed Ashton.

My parents had led the army of armed men to this house and now these armed men were firing at the house above. I'm beyond terrified.

Ashton packed his things within seconds. He picked up our suitcases and quickly headed towards the kitchen. I followed him. I could hear that the enemies were thrashing the house.

We need to hurry up!

When we were in the kitchen, Ashton put the suitcases on the ground. He took out a key from his pocket and went towards a door.

There was another door in the kitchen? Why didn't I notice it before?

He put the key inside the key socket and turned it. He removed the key, putting it back in his pocket as he turned the knob of the door to open it.

When he opened the door, there was darkness inside. He went in and switched on the lights.

After switching on the lights, I saw a big and spacious car standing in the centre.

The door led to the garage!

Ashton rushed back in the kitchen. He picked up the suitcases from the ground and ran inside the garage towards the car, me running behind him. He opened the door of the backseat and put our suitcases there.

"Get in," he told me.

I got inside the car and he went to sit in the driver's seat.

He took out the remote of the garage's shutter from the glove compartment. He pressed the "open" button and the shutter started opening.

I buckled my seatbelt.

The shutter was fully opened now and we could see the tunnel with the help of few lights here and there.

Ashton turned on the headlights of the car as he accelerated with speed into the tunnel.

The headlights were of great help with showing the way. After driving for a few minutes, we were out of the underground tunnel and in the other side of the forest. I looked back and there was no one following us. Thank God!

When we reached the main road, Ashton stopped the car. He parked the car by the side of the road. He opened the glove compartment and took out a key with a map.

I started looking at the map along with him. In the map, a location was circled.

"This is another safe house," Ashton told me while pointing at the circled location. After seeing the shortest way of reaching there, he put the map and the key back in the compartment and drove towards our new safe house.

*****

Ashton's POV

We were at our new safe house. There's no security computer, there's no underground safe place. This house is just like any other house. It's just situated in the middle of the forest. This house is more like a hide out.

Rachael was sitting beside me and watching me work on my laptop. I was searching the database of Special Squad for information about the death of Rachael's parents.

The pictures of her parents were displayed along with some information.

The name of Rachael's Dad was Bradley. He was a hacker. Michael was an exact duplicate of him. The name of Rachael's Mom was Miranda. Rachael was an exact duplicate of her.

According to the information, Bradley and Miranda used to work in a team when they were in their twenties. That's how they came to know each other and liked each other.

They got married. They had two children. They used to do assignments together.

There was also written about their last assignment. There was a chip in which the names of the traitors working in the Special Squad was encoded. And somehow, Bradley and Miranda were able to find that chip but when they were bringing the chip to the Special Squad's Headquarters, they were killed by their enemies.

Another information had caught my eye. It was given that Bradley and Miranda were driving to the Headquarters along with the chip and the enemies were chasing them. The enemies shot their car and the car exploded into flames.

Two bodies were found in the car but they were badly burnt that it was difficult to even identify them. But the forensic team had confirmed their identities. The bodies belonged to Bradley and Miranda.

The car was searched for the chip but the chip wasn't found. So, it was assumed that the chip was destroyed when the car exploded in flames.

That's all the information was given.

I looked at Rachael and saw that she was trying to process all that she had read.

Suddenly, my phone started ringing. It was Michael calling. I picked up the call.

"How can it be possible?" Michael asked me. "I thought that my parents were dead."