{31} : This Can't Happen!

Ashton's POV

After hugging Rachael, I looked at the TV screen. My gaze fell on the image showing the forest area.

I still can't believe that the people whom I saw in the TV screen were Rachael's parents.

They are dead, right?

Michael's POV

I am almost there! All I have to do is encode the data. I was busy typing on the laptop's keyboard while Sandra and Mark were sitting beside me, looking at the laptop screen, getting excited. We're one step closer to getting the hacker.

The laptop made a beeping sound and I raised my fist in the air. "Finally!" I exclaimed in joy. The beeping sound from the laptop indicated that I had encoded the data.

"You're going down, Mr. Hacker," I said while looking at the data. I scanned the data with my eyes and I was shocked.

This can't happen! He can't be the hacker!

"What happened Michael?" Sandra asked me after looking at my shocked face.

I quickly got up and placed the laptop on the table in front of me. I started pacing back and forth in the living room.

What should I do?

"Michael, what happened? Why aren't you telling us anything?" Sandra asked me.

"Rachael is in danger," I told her.

"Rachael can't be in danger. Ashton is there with her to keep her away from danger!"

"Ashton is with her, not to keep her away from danger but to bring her closer to danger!" I argued back.

"Michael, you're not making sense," Sandra said.

I came closer to her as I grabbed her arms, "Sandra, Ashton is the hacker who we are looking for! He's the one who tried hacking Special Squad's main computer! He's the one who vanished a large amount of money from the bank!"

"You are mistaken!" Sandra said.

"No, I'm not!" I said as I released her arms and started pacing again.

"How can you say that Ashton is the hacker?" Sandra asked me.

"I know his hacking pattern. The pattern I saw just now in the laptop matches with his hacking pattern," I answered. "He's the hacker."

I started pulling my hair. Rachael is in danger. Rachael is in danger. Rachael is in dan...

"If Ashton is the hacker, then Rachael is in danger. We should inform the Special Squad and make them send agents to the safe house where Rachael is," Mark said.

"There are security cameras all over that place. If we send agents there, then Ashton will spot them and may escape that place, using Rachael as a hostage," I said.

I went and sat on the sofa as I buried my head in my hands saying, "I can't believe that Ashton is the hacker. When did he start walking on the wrong track?"

"What should we do then?" Sandra asked. "If we can't send the agents then what should we do?"

"We can tell Rachael the way to escape the safe house," Mark suggested.

"Do you really think that it'll be easy to get Rachael out of the safe house without Ashton noticing?" I asked him. "Mark, have you forgotten that Ashton is a secret agent? He won't let Rachael escape the safe house."

Mark nodded, "You're right." After a pause, he asked, "What should we do?"

"For now," I started saying, "I should inform Rachael about Ashton."

"She'll start panicking if she comes to know about Ashton. And he will sense that something is wrong. We can't let that happen," Sandra said.

I nodded and said, "I'm going to call Rachael, telling her about Ashton and telling her to stay calm so that Ashton may not suspect anything."

"And I'm going to inform Special Squad that Ashton is the hacker," Mark said as he reached for his phone.

"Don't," I ordered him.

"But why?" he asked in confusion.

"There maybe people working for Ashton in the Special Squad. If Special Squad comes to know the truth about Ashton then there are chances that Ashton will know that his cover is blown," I explained to him. "We have to face him without the help from Special Squad," I later added.

They both nodded.

"Guys, pack your bags. We're going to that safe house," I told them.

They went to their rooms to pack their things. Before going to my own room to pack my things, I called Rachael.

Rachael's POV

Ashton and I were having an afternoon nap but my sleep was soon interrupted when my phone started ringing. I unwrapped myself from Ashton's arms. He stirred but didn't wake up. I reached for my phone.

Michael was calling me. I got up from the bed and went to the other room so that Ashton doesn't get disturbed.