4. Balbadd

"I don't see why I can't stay here," I grumble, following closely behind the black haired man.

"If I have to suffer so do you," Judar retorts, continuing to walk ahead of me, his bare feet hitting against the ground.

I shake my head, muttering under my breath as we walk to the front gates. I have no clue how we're supposed to get there on time, the Princess and Koubon  supposedly left a few days earlier. I of course wasn't awake to see them go, but that would've been better than going with Judar.

"Will we even get there in time?" I half ask, half mumble, as Judar turns around to glare at me:

"We get there when we get there," he shrugs, "Now stop whining."

I roll my eyes as we continue, but don't bother saying anything else, I know I'll be ignored by the black haired man again.

•••

"This is Balbadd!?" I ask, looking around at the buildings.

"That's what I said didn't I?" He says coldly, "I'm going to the castle, get me some peaches or something in the meantime alright?"

"Why can't I come?" I ask, suddenly curious in the political affairs Judar's concerned with.

"Because you don't serve any purpose coming with me," he sighs, "Now leave."

I nod, looking over my shoulder as I begin walking away from him. He continues, brushing past people, whom seem to be running in the same direction. Something must be going on at the castle... Maybe I should go-

"Ommph!" I groan, as I fall backwards, landing on the dirt street.

"I'm sorry!" A boy younger than me apologizes, "I'm in bit of a rush,"

I stare at his blonde hair for a moment, before he helps me off the ground, "What's going on around here?" I ask him.

"I have a meeting with the King-"

"It's Alibaba!!" A man yells from across the street, pointing at the boy in front of me.

"I've got to go, again sorry," he smiles, before running off in the opposite direction of me.

I wonder what that was all about. The King? I really should start learning more about the places I'm traveling to. I guess I have time for that now though...

"Excuse me sir!" I call out to the man from earlier, "What's going on here? And who was that man, Alemaba was it?"

"Alibaba! He's going to be our King, he's trying to fight for us," he smiles, "Finally things will be how they were before."

"Oh... Sounds important," I chuckle, "So that's what's going on at the castle?"

"Indeed," the man tells me, "I'm heading there myself now."

"I hope things go well," I wave, as I continue along the narrow streets.

I have to find a fruit stall to feed that stupid magi. Maybe they'll be poisoned or something. I laugh at the thought of it as I continue walking.

I wonder why Judar gave me so much freedom... I could just run away at any moment. Then again, he would just hunt me down. I shudder at the thought of what that would mean for myself.

Finally I manage to find a fruit stand, and I buy a bag full of peaches. I thank the old woman working, and hand her my money before walking away.

"Now what?" I ask aloud, looking down at the change in my hand. I have enough to get a few drinks if I want, and I don't know what else I would do. I decide to walk around for a bit before grabbing a drink, just to kill time.

Suddenly it dawns on me, Judar never said how he'd find me. Though I know one way or another he will, and he'll be angry with me for 'making things difficult'. This magi is getting on my damn nerves.

•••

"(Y/N)." A stern voice calls out, as I wobbily turn to face it. Finally I see the face the voice belongs to. Kouban. Shit.

He makes his way over to me, gripping my wrist once he gets close enough, "Where have you been?" He asks.

"Waiting for Judar to find me, he didn't exactly tell me where to go..." I explain, slurring as I do.

"You reek of alcohol," he scrunches up his nose, "Anyhow, Judar demanded I find you, which is surprising since he can barely speak-"

"What happened?" I ask, sobering up immediately. I find it hard to believe someone could defeat Judar. Or was all that hype over being a powerful magi just a bluff?

"He got into a fight, being reckless as always-" he stops himself, "It doesn't mater, we need to go."

I nod, waving goodbye to the bar tender as Kouban leads me out of the bar, my eyes following his yellow robes. My mind is a buzz as I imagine the great fight which must've occurred. I heard someone yell a while ago about a fight in the slums, but I wasn't sober enough to pay it any mind.

"Where are we going?" I hiccup, rubbing at my eyes which are beginning to close.

"To Judar, I thought I made that clear," he sighs, "Must I carry you?"

"No," I shake my head, increasing my pace so I'm beside him again, "Who did he fight?"

"Another magi, and a few dungeon capturers," he says, looking at the road ahead of us, "He's severely injured."

"At least he won't be too worried about the bruised fruit," I mumble, looking at the peaches which I dropped sometime earlier.

"What was that?" Koubon asks, "Speak clearly or not at all."

"Forget it," I sigh, groggily following all the way to the hotel we're staying at.