9. The Castle

Even though I feel as if he wanted to say more, or even something completely different, I don't push it. Instead, I just smile softly, and stand up, "It's getting late," I sigh.

He nods, "Are you planning to stay with us?"

I'm a bit taken aback by his question, what did he think I would do?

"If that's alright," I laugh, "You can say no though."

"Is it just you?" He asks, as I realize what he's trying to get at.

"Sinbad, if there's something you want to know just ask," I laugh, as we walk over to Ja'Far.

"Are you seeing anyone?" He asks finally, blushing slightly.

The King of Sindria, actually embarrassed by a girl instead of vice versa. How cute.

"Not now," I shake my head, "But I hope that might change..."

He nods, smiling to himself as Ja'Far joins us.

"Are you both calling it a night?" Ja'Far asks, as we stand above the staircase.

"I am," I tell him, "I'm not sure about Sin, he's not completely drunk yet,"

Sinbad turns to me, giving me a playful glare before turning his gaze back to Ja'Far, "I'm ready to go to the castle," he announces, placing a hand on the white haired man's shoulder, "Shall we?"

I nod in response, looking out again to the city sprawled out below us. Lanterns flicker along the streets, but more and more of them are being blown out, as their owners head to bed. A strong gust of wind kicks up, blowing the skirt portion of my dress upwards, and nearly revealing my underwear. I struggle to place them back where they belong, and look back towards my friends. Sinbad smirks cooly at me, while Ja'Far gives me a disapproving click of the tongue.

I roll my eyes as we begin walking through the crowd. The sea of people part as they see their King striding by, and many of them bow, clap, or simply cheer. I cock my head to the side, watching the bizarre sight. The clumsy yet charming teenager I remember is now an extremely respected King. The idea itself still hasn't sunk in. I'm so preoccupied with Sinbad, I barely notice the intense stares I receive. It isn't until someone roughly grabs my arm that I realize people are focussing on me.

I whip my head around to face the rough grip on my arm to see a sharp eyed woman, who looks me up and down. I attempt to pull my arm away, assuming she's mistaken me for someone else.

"Who are you?" She demands, her tone threatening as she digs her nails into my skin.

"Please let go," I wince, not laying a hand on the woman.

She shakes her head, before a fanalis man grabs the woman's wrist. His intense aura and threatening grip is enough to convince the woman to let go. Once she does, I thank the pink haired man and struggle to catch up to Sinbad, becoming more aware of the eyes on me. The whispers between citizens, which I sometimes pick up, mostly concern who I am, and what I'm doing with their King. A few say I'm beautiful, which only makes me blush, wishing I hadn't dressed like I did.

"We're almost there," the towering pinkette assures me.

I nod, continuing a few paces behind Sinbad. He seems oblivious to everything going on behind him, which is probably a result from the constant attention he receives as King...

•••

"Well this will have to work for now, I'll have the maids place you in a better room tomorrow when they're all sober enough to set one up," Ja'Far sighs, showing me into a lavishly decorated room.

My eyes widen as I enter it, the room large enough to hold twenty of the oversized beds placed along the far wall, "Is all of this real?" I ask, trying and failing not to sound so surprised, "I can't help feeling like all of this is a dream."

"Don't sound so surprised, you said so yourself, he was bound to be King," he sighs, "(Y/N) I have to ask," he pauses, "Are you going to stick around, or are you just going to vanish again?"

My nails dig into the palm of my hands as I try to determine how best to answer his question. Though I hadn't planned on leaving again, there's no telling-

"Because Sinbad won't be able to do it again." He tells me, placing a hand firmly on my upper arm, "You have no idea what it's been like for him."

"What it's been like for him?" I laugh sarcastically,"Because living life on the run is easy compared to a life of royalty isn't it?"

I take a deep breath before turning to look at Ja'Far. His face is one and confusion, but I can also tell he regretted the words as soon as they came from his mouth.

"I'm sorry, it's late, and I'm drunk," I lie, trying to soothe things over, "In the morning I'll speak with both you and Sinbad, and whoever else you think I need to speak with."

"Well, we're leaving tomorrow morning, but I'll leave someone for you to speak with. We won't be gone for long," he smiles, "And again, I'm glad you're back."

And with that, the Kings right hand man takes his leave, shutting the door softly behind him, and leaving me alone in a room I feel much too small for, which only perpetuates the lonely feeling beginning to grow inside of me.