7. Reunion

I grin as the boat pulls into port, and am the first to leap over the side, even before the ships tied down. I ignore the calls of the old captain, giving him a grin and a wave over my shoulder before running into town.

The sun has just gone down, and people are beginning to light lanterns, carrying them throughout the streets. Kids run around, and I find myself smiling along with them. Apparently today is some sort of festival, all of the people are happy as can be, and wearing typical festival attire.

I rush towards the center of the party, knowing that's where he'll be.

When I finally make it to the top of the large hill, I find an elevated platform, guarded by a few burly iron clad men. I walk straight up to them a smile on my face.

"I'm a friend of the King's, tell him-" I begin.

"Yeah so is everyone else," the man sighs, "I'm sorry but I can't let you in."

I heave a sigh, before nodding and turning away. If I'm going to get in, I'll have to find another way.

As I walk away, I watch two gorgeously dressed girls walk right up to the guards, who let them through without a single question. I glance down at my raggedy pants and shirt before groaning. God dammit, why!?

---

I spin around in the beautiful fabric, trying to remember the last time I wore something like this. The warm breeze tickles my bare stomach, as I pay the woman for the outfit, as she throws away my old tattered clothes.

Before I leave, I do my hair and makeup with what little amount the woman has in her shop. To top it off, I pull back my hair with a beautiful pin, then tuck flowers into the sides. Looking in the mirror I smile, I look presentable for the first time in the years since I ran away.

I head back towards the guarded area, and they let me through without a word, I doubt they even recognize me, because I barely do myself.

As I walk up the steps, my stomach tightens, suddenly I'm nervous about what Sin will do, what he'll be like... What he'll say to me.

I put my feelings aside, as I reach the top of the platform. It's larger than I thought, with a stage and music, and tables filled with food, and a small crowd of people. Though I try to look, I can't find Sinbad. Then I get an idea...

I hear a song beginning to play, as dancers begin to file onto the stage. Standing at the end of the line I follow them up, questioning my sanity as I do so. Again, I put my feelings inside, and smile softly as the song begins.

My body moves in time with the music, almost on is own, as my hips twist and swirl. The other dancers give me a mixture of surprised glances, but none of them stop. I'm not following their pattern, but because I stand in the middle, it doesn't look bad.

When the song ends, I look out to the crowd, spotting a single purple haired man, with a hoard of girls on his lap. I shake my head, as the crowd cheers, and hop off the stage, heading towards him.

As I get closer, I realize he's half drunk, that much is obvious from the smell. Though, the group of girls around him has thinned. Now only three girls sit around, and I take my spot across from him, as he eyes me up and down.

"You're quite an eye catching woman, overflowing with grace," he slurs, an attempt to flirt with me.

I laugh out loud, catching him off guard, "You're very drunk King."

"You're blunt as well," he smiles, scooting closer to me.

"Always have been," I wink, as he rests a wandering hand on my thigh. I pick it up and move it away, as a shadow is cast over us.

A hand snakes around my arm, pulling me up and away from Sinbad. I don't have time to see whose whisking me away, until we've stopped.

"(Y/N), it really is you," a familiar voice exhales, as arms pull me into an embrace.

"Ja'Far," I smile, as I pull away, "It's been too long."

"Why'd you take so long?" He demands, as we look over the edge at the lights dotting the island.

"I'll give you the full explanation tomorrow, for now let's enjoy the festival." I smile, brushing a hand along his arm, "I can't believe I actually get to see you all again."

"I'm pretty shocked to see you as well," he smiles, as I look at him. He looks different since I last saw him, so did Sin... I guess I've been gone longer than I thought. He's still the same though, the same snowy hair, the same freckles dotting his cheeks, the same knowing smile.

Then I remember there's a few people I haven't seen, "Where's Mystras and Rurumu? I haven't seen them anywhere," I ask, my eyes scanning the crowd for the two of them.

Ja'Far remains silent beside me, and as I turn to face him, he avoids my gaze. My smile drops, before I repeat my question.

"(Y/N)... They died."

The world falls away around me, as I clench my jaw. Two of my closest friends, the ones I'd been thinking of all these years, were dead.

"Oh," is all that escapes my lips, as tears well up in my eyes. This entire time I was carrying on, not knowing what was happening to any of them. Though, I had been so optimistic, the thought of something happening to one of them never crossed my mind. Instead, I was looking foreword to catching up and hearing their stories. Stories which now were floating somewhere above our heads. Dammit...

"I'm sorry (Y/N), we all-"

"It's not your fault Ja'Far," I smile, as tears streak my face, and I wipe them away before he can take any real notice. "I'm happy I'm back," I tell him, finally looking into his eyes, which are wide and apologetic.

"So am I," he returns my smile, "Sinbad would be too if he recognized you."

"Oh come on, I don't look that different," I laugh, "And obviously he's moved onto better things."

"Yeah right, Sinbad has been hung up on you since you left, he just tries to tell himself that's not it," he laughs softly, as we both watch the notorious King flirting with the model like girls around him, "He's been looking for you."

I roll my eyes, "Even when I told him not to," I sigh, remembering the letter I wrote before I left all those years ago.

"He looks for you in all of them too," he continues, "Talking longer to the ones with (h/c) hair, (e/c) eyes," he sighs, "Hinehoho and I urge him to get a wife, but he always comes up with some excuse."

"He really was waiting for me."