11.Morning

I shift around in the bed, and slowly rise, my eyes still shut tightly, as I feel the sunlight beating down on my face. I slowly open my eyes as I'm momentarily blinded before my eyes can adjust. When everything comes into focus, my stomach sinks.

"That didn't take you two long," Ja'Far sighs from beside the bed, his disapproving glance unmasked and cascading over me, "You've only been here a day and you're sleeping with him!?"

"Not in that sense!" I exclaim, pulling the large blankets above my eyes to shield my pink cheeks.

"Yeah Ja'Far," Sinbad starts, "We're waiting until at least the second night for that."

I can hear the smirk in his tone, and I give him a swift kick to the side beneath the covers, causing him to release a painful grunt and tear the blankets away from my face, "What the hell was that for?" He asks, a playful glint in his eye.

"You can't just make people think that!" I groan, "All of the people in this entire castle think I'm some kind of-"

"Prostitute?" Ja'Far suggests, tapping a thumb on his chin, "Now that I think of it, the situation makes you look like more of a gold digger than anything else."

I grab the closest pillow and use it to cover my face, so I can pretend I'm not here, having to deal with this drama.

"Either way it doesn't look good for either of you," Ja'Far decides, "So Sin you'll have to stop coercing (Y/N) into visiting your room."

"I did no such thing!" Sin protests, his face a look of childish innocence, "This was all her, coming in in the middle of the night, I'll have you know I almost killed her at first. I mean, who does that kind of thing?"

"That's Princess (Y/N) for you," Ja'Far rolls his eyes.

"Hey now!" I exclaim, "What's that supposed to mean?!"

They both share a knowing glance, leaving me out of the conversation going on purely by eye contact.

My eyes linger on Sinbad, who's now much further apart from me than he was last night. I find myself mindlessly wishing Ja'Far had let us wake up alone with each other... Maybe this is for the best, what did I expect? To come back and fall back into place, like I hadn't disappeared for years on end? I know the answer is yes, no matter how ridiculous it is. I can't stop myself from wishing things were different.

"Well we have got to get going Sinbad," Ja'Far nods, "If you're lucky (Y/N) you can sneak out the side door back into the hallway without too many people noticing. There will be rumors of course that you slept with him anyways, but that's unavoidable. You're new, and most people don't appreciate that."

"Where are you guys going?" I ask suddenly, after my eyes find the side door he previously mentioned.

"Imuchakk," Sinbad answers, "Hinehoho and the kids are coming too," he pauses momentarily as his eyes lock with Ja'Far who gives a firm shake of his head, "You can join us if you'd like."

He breaks into an attractive toothy smile, as Ja'Far releases a heavy breath, no doubt wishing the King hadn't ventured to invite me. My mouth turns upwards, and soon I'm mirroring the facial expressions of the beloved King, "Of course."

•••

"You sure don't have a lot to take with you," a voice says from behind me.

I jump at the sudden noise, and turn around to face a little girl much shorter than me. Blonde hair frames her face, and falls into a braid which trails down her shoulder, and her striking pink eyes gaze up at me as she laughs, "I didn't mean to scare you!"

She continues laughing for a few minutes more before stopping suddenly, and looking me over. Her eyes study every square inch of me, before she nods decisively, and beams a smile at me, "You're gorgeous, it's no wonder..." she trails off, getting progressively quieter as her sentence continues, to the point where she's inaudible.

"Sorry," she shakes her head, "I'm Pisti, Princess of Artemyra, it's a please to meet you...?"

"(Y/N)-," I pause, forgetting I no longer have a title, "Just (Y/N)."

"That's a nice name," she blinks, "Why don't you have anything with you? Are you not staying very long?"

"It's complicated," I laugh, growing dizzy at the very idea of explaining everything, "But not having a lot does make packing up quicker."

"That is true," she nods, "I heard you're going with them to Imuchakk, have you ever been there before?"

I nod, "It was a very long time ago, and all I really remember about it was the cold," I laugh, recalling my shaking no matter how many fur coats were piled on top of me.

"It is cold," she shrugs her shoulders, "There's something I have to ask you-"

She stops herself mid-sentence, and I can tell she's wondering how my reaction to this question will be. I feel the immense need to push the question out of her, but if I do that, the girl might not say anything.

"How exactly do you know Sinbad?"

I almost laugh, because of the question. She had seemed so seriously previously I thought it was something particularly important. Then again, if I answered this question wrong it could cause a lot of problems for both me and Sin.

"We're just old friends," I smile, knowing that barely covers half of our relationship.

"Hmm," she cocks her head to the side, obviously not believing me, "Well (Y/N) you'd better hurry up before you miss your ship."