14. Late Night

I sit up in his bed as he watches me move slowly. If he's unsettled by my breakdown he's not showing it, which I'm thankful for. It was embarrassing but unavoidable, yet he tries to make it as un-embarrassing as possible.

"Sin-" I pause, "I forgot to tell you why I was up in the first place."

"Oooo," He coos, "Sexy dream about me?"

I roll my eyes, shoving his leg to the side gently, "No, there was someone in my room."

He sits up, trying to face me, "Who was it?" He asks suddenly, his tone intimidating.

I shrug, "I'm not sure, the door just slammed shut, but when I had the light on, there was no one there."

"Hmm." He grumbles, running a hand through his long purple hair.

"I got up and looked on the deck," I explain, "And it was empty... No one in the hallway either, and everything's so quiet."

"Sounds suspicious," he confirms, "Want to go take another look?"

"I'm sure it's fine," I tell him shaking my head, "Maybe I imagined it."

"Don't doubt yourself like that, if you heard it it's probably worth checking out."

I nod, accepting his suggestion, "Shall we?"

He gets up from the bed, extending a hand towards me to help me up. After helping me up, he crosses the room to get to a dresser opposite of me. As he opens the door, he reveals his sword, along with a smaller dagger, which he hands to me. I thank him, and follow him slowly out of the room. He motions for me to keep quiet, and tells me to stay close. I know I'm fully capable of handling this myself, but I can't lie, it's a relief to have him go first.

We check each of the bedrooms, to find everyone sleeping peacefully, in the places where they should be. I'm beginning to feel like I did imagine the whole thing... We make it to the deck of the ship to find it empty.

"You sure you heard something?" He asks, "You weren't just looking for an excuse to sleep with me tonight?" He smirks playfully, practically asking for me to sock him in the arm.

I shake my head, "I don't need an excuse for that, I come and go into your bed as I please."

"Is that so?" He questions, grabbing my hand in his.

"It is." I say coyly, "Might as well be my bed hmm."

He laughs at my snark remark, and spins me around playfully like in a dance. He ends this game with a big finish, dipping me backwards in the most alluring way possible, his face almost on mine, I wish he would kiss me, and for a second I think he will, but at the last second he pulls me upright. I let out a short sigh, and give him a smile, "I think it's time I went back to bed."

He nods, "Mine or yours?"

"Mine."

•••

When I wake up, I'm surprisingly alone. I told Sinbad to stay with me until I fell asleep, but knowing Sin I assumed he'd just pass out right alongside me. Maybe he's become more than a pervy boy trapped in a mans body.

As I get up from bed, I search around for my luggage, only to discover it's nowhere to be found. Instead, there's a small brown box laying on the desk in the room. It's wrapped with ribbon, and has a card with my name on it laying in top.

"Miss the old Princess clothes? From:Ja'Far"

You've got to be kidding me. He took my clothes at left me with what I'm assuming will be a dress. I don't want to open it, I'd almost rather wear my pajamas, but I know that'd cause more problems than I can handle this morning. I groan as I open the box to find a dress. I naively hoped it would be something functional but of course that's asking for too much.

The dress itself isn't all that bad considering Ja'Far picked it out. It's simple, and a dark blue, almost black. The material feels smooth, almost like silk but feels thicker, warmer somehow. I almost forgot where we were headed, but considering Imuchakk's weather, I guess this is appropriate. The dress has long sleeves, with a low neckline in the front, lined with intricate embroidery. I give a small smile, still resenting the part of me that wants to wear the dress.

I remove my pajamas, and slip on the dress, finding it to be surprisingly comfortable. The fabric stretches more than I thought it would, making it flexible, and easy to move around in. Satisfied with the fit, I put on my shoes, and head to the deck.

My friends await me there, with a meal, which surprises me. I almost always miss breakfast from sleeping in too much. I almost wish I had missed it, the air is frigid outside, and I wonder why they decided to bother eating here instead of in our rooms. I don't bother trying to get the answer to that, and instead take a seat beside Sinbad.

"How'd you sleep?" Hinahoho asks.

"Good," I answer, eyeing Ja'Far from across the table, "Someone came into my room last night though."

Ja'Far's facial expressions stay neutral as he eats his meal, and doesn't bother looking to me to confirm or deny that it was him. Of course it was him though, coming in to put this dress in there for me. It's kind of sweet, except for the fact that he stole my clothes and scared me for no reason.

"Someone came into my room too," Sinbad teases, obviously nudging me so that the others see. Ja'Far and Hinahoho share a glance which is partly approving and partly judging. I shrug it off as I continue eating. The food itself isn't bad, but I'm grateful to be finished so I can return to warmth below deck.

"We'll be there in about an hour, so don't nap for too long," Hinahoho advises, giving me a grin.

I return the smile as I follow Sinbad below deck and back to his room.