16. Dagon

"J-Judar?" I gasp, as the blood drains from my face. I let my fists close slowly, as I even out my breathing, which was momentarily stopped from seeing the magi. He's the one person I was hoping not to run into again. Though, I suppose I did get off too easily. I should've known better than to just assume I'd never have to deal with this prick again...

"(Y/N)," he smirks, "It's a pleasure seeing you again, you really had me worried there."

I mirror his smirk, as he looks all to pleased with himself. I'm sure it wasn't too difficult for him to find me, but I do wonder why he took his time in doing so.

"Well," he pauses, looking at me, "Ready to return to the Kou Empire?"

I shake my head furiously, "You should know that I'm not going back willingly."

"You don't have many other options do you?" he laughs, "I can kill you now, which means I made this trip for nothing, or you can simply agree to come back with me."

"Or I can fight you," I growl, reaching for my metal vessel, tucked away into my boot.

"Without your little boyfriend?" he laughs, "What do you think your chances of winning are?"

I ignore his insults, as I grasp my dagger and turn to face him, "Djinn Equip, Dagon!" I shout, as I begin to transform.

I'm shrouded in a beam of light, which masks a transformation that only I'm able to witness. My hair shoots from the top of my head, reaching to my ankles, turning from it's usual (h/c) to a dark emerald green. My dress disappears suddenly, and is replaced by a short bark colored gown, with sleeves extending past my fingertips. A crown forms on my head, constructed of thorns and vines, dotted with various geodes throughout. My eyes change as well, loosing their normal (e/c) tint, and turning a dark grey. Finally, my shoes wither away, leaving my feet bare. The flash of light disappears as quickly as it came, so once again I'm facing my opponent. I find myself wishing I'd had more practice using this Djinn, and that Judar wasn't the one who gave it to me, and knew it's abilities. I'll have to depend on my own strength, rather than attempting to catch him off guard.

"Beautiful transformation as always" he says, pointing his wand in my direction, "Still won't be enough though."

His comments are met with no response from me, as he looks disappointed.

'Please Dagon, lend me your strength' I silently ask my Djinn, as I'm met with no audible response. I nod, unsure if he understands my dire position.

I sharply tilt my dagger upward, summoning as much magic energy as I can in one blow, as shards of stones shoot up from the floor where Judar was standing. He uses his own magic ability to lift himself into the air, barely missing my attack.

"Impressive," he scoffs, "Figured out how to control your magic without summoning it verbally. Makes for a good surprise."

Pointing his wand at me, I brace for an attack, as he sends massive gusts of wind in my direction. I hardly have the time to think of a counter, yet I create a wall of rock in front of me to block the wind. Upon impact, my barrier is broken, as the pieces knock straight into me, crushing me with the force. I choke out a breath, before using my magic to move the rubble. Once again, I'm back on my feet, staring down Judar, trying to figure out what he'll do next.

He mutters something under his breath, before pointing his wand at my yet again. This time it isn't wind that erupts, it's lightning. I feel the electricity radiating through the air, and illuminating the room. Before I know it, it's merely inches away from my face, then hitting me full force. I let out a scream, as the pain envelopes my body. It's more than I had imagined, it's like every fiber of my body is on fire, I convulse immediately as my body tries to ease the pain itself. I lay here for a moment, drowning in pain, before forcing myself to sit upright. My body still feels scorched, but I refuse to give in so quickly.