#5 The fire

Tiffany POV

I washed my face and stared at my reflection, water dripped down from my chin, some of them sled towards my neck, damping the collar of my blouse in the process.

Tired puffy eyes stared back at me, I sniffed and looked down at the sink.

The door burst open, in coming Andy and Lexie with worried eyes, "Tiffany!" They both called.

I faced them with a painful smile, "Hey, I'm fine."

Andy pulled me in a tight hug, I hugged her back but didn't cry more, I just closed my eyes and enjoyed the comfort.

"We heard what happened," Lexie informed, "We didn't want to believe it, but seeing you like this–" She sighed.

I pulled back and glanced at them, "Guys, it's not that big of a deal, Chase just cheated on me with the new girl. No biggie."

No biggie? Hah! I beg to differ!

Great, now there's a voice inside my head. Am I going crazy?

Andy widened her eyes, "No biggie? I thought you loved the guy!" She gave me a questioned look.

"But he doesn't love me! What the hell am I supposed to do huh?" My voice cracked.

"Fight for him!" Lexie chimed in, immediately dropping her head when we glared at her.

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, not gonna happen." I looked at them seriously, "He. Doesn't. Want me. I will only make a fool of myself fighting for something that isn't mine anymore."

It hurts so bad to know I lost the one person I loved the most beside my dad, but I didn't love Chase more than myself, that's why I won't let myself fight for a cheater.

Oh but that's not how you truely feel. What's this hot steaming fire that's burning?! Yo crazy bitch! You're freaking raging with fire it's getting hot in here.

Lexie cleared her voice, "Um well, there's another rumor." She spoke nervously.

I shook my head, "I don't wanna know about it, my head hurts," Because of this weird voice, "And all I want to do is look pretty and move on."

Andy nodded, "Yeah, that's why we brought the makeup. We gotchu." She winked at me.

I chuckled, sitting on the vanity, I let them play with my face.

When lunch break came, I sat on our table, neither Chase or Jax were found, I shrugged it off and chatted with my friends.

I noticed few of the students were looking at the cafeteria door, I turned around and saw Jax walking towards us with a bruised lip.

My eyes widened along with my friends, we got up and walked towards him.

"Jax what happened?!"

"Are you okay?"

"Who hit you?" I asked.

His eyes didn't leave mine, he stayed silent but I already got my answer. I pursed my lips, looking at him like a mother looks at her kid when she catches him eating her chocolate pudding.

"Oh Jax," I shook my head, "Come with me." I took his arm and we both walked out of the cafeteria.

When we were finally alone in a hallway, I glared at him annoyingly, I didn't like the thought of someone hurt because of me. Specially if it was my friend.

"What happened?" I asked.

He avoided contact and rubbed his arm, "It's stupid."

I tilt my head, "Is it now?" He nodded, "I don't care. Speak."

He sighed, "I saw Chase with Aria in the parking lot, and I wanted to introduce myself," He bowed his head down, "I joked around with Aria, and Chase got jealous and thought I was charming my way to her heart." He shook his head, "We got into a rough argument and he punched me. I admit, I said some harsh thing."

Unbelievable. I mean, sure, I am a little hurt that Jax was on good terms with Aria, but it hurts me more to know he fought with his best friend, because of some girl.

"Are you serious?!" I asked, his eyes snapped in mine, glaring at me angrily.

"What do you think? I punched myself because I thought I was an idiot!" He joked bitterly.

I bit my lip and stared at his bruised ones, my fingers twitched but I fisted them.

"You should put an ice on that." I pointed at his lip.

He nodded, "Yeah I will." He looked bothered by the way he stared at his palms.

I sighed, "Hey, its going to be okay Jax, they're just in the beginning of their relationship, obviously Chase will be possessive until he gets the hang of it I guess." I shrugged, my voice trembling.

He looked at me with a frown, and surprised me when he pulled me in a tight hug.

I guess it's hug day.

His strong frame covered mine, his body sending warmth that made me sigh in comfort. I hugged him back.

I don't usually get hugged. Today was an exception.

We stayed like that for awhile until I heard Jax clear his voice, he pulled back gently and he smiled softly when he noticed my awkward glare.

"I better see the nurse." He mumbled.

I nodded, "Yeah, you should." I placed a hand on his shoulder.

When he walked away, I heard someone walking from behind me and saw the two love pigs arguing.

"You're still an idiot!" Aria fired back.

"Okay fine, I'm sorry, just don't walk away from me please." He begged, walking behind her like a lost puppy.

Aria stopped and turned to face him, "Why did you punch him? Give me one good reason. Is it about what he said?"

He wore an annoyed look, "You know why, he was flirting with you. He mentioned you and something inappropriate in one sentence. I couldn't let it go." He pulled her closer to him and whispered something.

Flames shot out from my ear holes, that bastard made me fall in love with him only to leave me broken hearted and cheated on. I couldn't get myself to hate him immediately, but so close to it. The more I see them, the more hatred I felt.

I slowly sauntered towards them, a smirk crept on my face, when I was close enough, I spoke, "Well well well, look who we have here."

_________________________________

Two chapters in a row. whaaaaaaat?!

Well. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm just gonna continue with my life lmao.

Bye now~