#22 The regret

Tiffany's POV

"Chase! Holy shit, are you okay?" I asked, staring at him with wide eyes.

A cough stopped him from talking, leaning against the doorframe, "I got into a fight- in a dumb fucking club.."

I stepped back, frowning, "Why did you come here?" I crossed my hands.

"Because there's nowhere to go." He chuckled bitterly, "Aria hates me. Jax won't talk to me. So I came here, you are my last stop. Don't look to deep into it."

"Flattered." I grumbled. "You got some nerves coming into your ex's house, and expected to be welcomed."

He smirked, yet his eyes didn't shine from mischief, "Was I supposed to bring you flowers? Sorry, my head was a little too busy receiving brain concussions."

I sighed, giving him more space to enter, "Come in." I mumbled quietly, truth be told, I wasn't heartless to leave an injured person, even when that person is my cheating fucking ex boyfriend.

He clenched his jaw and he swayed his way to the living room.

"No no, not there. Not with your sweaty clothes and bloodied self, ew no." I shoved him out.

"I don't really have that much energy princess." He pointed out.

I rolled my eyes and pointed at the stares, "My room."

He narrowed his eyes, "I didn't come here to-"

"And I don't want you to." I affirmed, "Now walk."

If Jen saw Chase again, she won't think twice before finding a way to tell Joseph. She wants me out of the house as fast as possible, but she'll still have her fun with my life.

Once he laid on the bed, I searched for the first aid kit, "Remove your jacket and shirt." I demanded.

He seemed uncomfortable. Well, that's a first.

"I'm not gonna try anything Chase. I'm way over you." I scoffed, pushing him back to the bed when he tried to sit straight.

His heart beat was racing a bit faster than the usual, "I'm not even thinking about you," he rolled his eyes, wincing as I place the antidote on the bruises, "I'm thinking about Aria," he closed his eyes, "Fuck, I messed it up real bad."

I chuckled humorlessly, "Tell me something I don't know."

He glared at me, but it was quickly replaced with a soft look, "Thank you."

"You're welcome." I placed a panda bandaid on his right bicep.

"And I'm sorry."

I stared at him, unmoving, "For what?"

"I know why you treat me- her like that," he sighed, "It's your way of revenge. I never knew how wrong I was to you- how badly I treated you, until I met Aria," he stared at the ceiling, "She made me realize a lot of shit." He stopped and looked at me, "Now I know how you feel. To be rejected for another guy."

My eyes widened, "What? She- rejected you!" Holy shit, I was not expecting that.

Chill Tiffany.

He glared at my smile, "It's not funny."

"Well karma's a bitch, what did you expect?"

He didn't reply, instead he sat straight and leaned against the headboard, casting his gaze to his lap, showing off the regret in his face.

"I love her." He mumbled so quietly.

I gave him the moment before ruining it with one of my bitchy attitude, "Well get out, I want to sleep. It's getting pretty late."

He kept his gaze down and didn't move an inch.

"Chase-"

"Would you please stop! I came here because I wanted to talk to you!" He snapped.

My lips parted slightly in surprise.

"I know I was a shitty boyfriend, but the little moment we had talking, you gave out the best advices. You've always been a good listener. I don't deserve your kindness but I really need you right now!" His eyes scolded me.

I gave him a cold glare, "Really? You thought about saying this now, when you want something from me? Why didn't you break up with me when you were interested in Aria? Why did you have to cheat on me? Why wouldn't you explain it to me? You lied to my face, Chase. You made me look like a fool in front of the whole school!" My eyes started to tear up, "I turned into Ms Hulk because of you! I feel so disgusted to even think about how I gave myself to you! Even after I told you about my past, you still didn't give a single shit about me! And now you expect me to care? Because you changed?" My anger was out of the roof. I couldn't control it.

"I did care-"

"Get out of my house." I glared at him coldly, pointing my finger towards the door.

He gulped, blinking away few tears, before pushing himself off the bed and out of the room.

I opened the door for him, he gave me a regretful look, "Thank you." Before leaving. My lips trembled but I kept my silent as I watched him get in his car.

I finally let the first tear to fall. For the first time since forever. I'm crying because of Chase.

But this will be the last.

Tomorrow, I will fix shit.