#21 The smile

You read the title😆 now smile for me, my pretties.

Tiffany's POV

"He made it."

Those words had me and Taylor jump from our seats only to fall on the floor from happiness. Well, mainly because I was holding Taylor and she pulled me down with her.

We hugged each other like there's no tomorrow, crying in the other's shoulders, my heart felt full again. He made it.

My cheeks hurt from the smile, "I told you, he will be fine."

"Oh God thank you!" She cried against my neck.

Eventually we had to pull back, the nurse was waiting for us, standing patiently next to us. She lead us to his room.

I held her shoulder, "You go in, and take your time."

She gave me a shaking smile, "Thank you so much for being here with me, I don't know what I would've done without you."

We hugged one last time before she stepped in.

I sat on the chair across from his room and waited patiently.

The smile never left my face. I didn't know how much Joseph meant to me until I was so close to losing him. I need to appreciate him more. He deserves it.

I know I'm not madly in love with him. But he's in my heart, and I can confidently confess that I like him very much.

My time of thinking was caught off by Taylor's hand on my shoulder, I glanced up and saw her happy wild smile. That's the Taylor I know.

"He wants to see you." She nodded.

I sighed nervously, standing up only to face her again, "What do I say?"

She chuckled freely, "Anything, a nice good morning would suffice."

I peeked inside the room until I saw his tired face.

Oh my God

His face is so messed up!

That's so rude Tiffany. Make sure you don't say that though..

His whole body is covered except for his face, and let me tell you, it does not look healthy.

I entered the room and sat beside him, holding his hand that was casted.

"Hey." I whispered softly.

He smiled a bit, nothing too obvious, "Hey." He lifts his lips slightly to speak.

I grimaced, "You look terrible."

Good job Tif, you managed to hold yourself for four seconds.

He chuckled a breath, before wincing, "I know."

"But still dazzling as ever." I winked at him.

"I know." He closed his eyes and sighed softly.

I thought for a moment before I stood up, only to sit beside him on the bed, "So!"

He can barely open his eyes, "So."

"Do like this special treatment they're giving you?" I grinned playfully, "Makes you feel like a star huh?"

He gulped, "Perfect."

I laughed, "Nice, you'll love their food too. They serve restaurant meals, so you'll get to taste the malai prawn curry. Mmm mm. Chok guzel." Kissing the tip of my fingers.

And so it goes like this for more than an hour before his mom barges in after contacting his dad and relatives, and said that he needed some rest and as do I. But she will be staying with him. I promised to come back, only for him to give me a stupid pickup line.

"They always come back." He muttered to his mom as I neared the door.

I chuckled, shaking my head before exiting the hospital.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I knocked on the door, hearing him say come in.

"Dad? Are you busy?" I sat in front of him.

He closed the folder, "Not at all, what do you want sweety?"

"Can I ask you a question? And I want you to be fully honest with me." I gave him a pointed look.

He nodded, "Of course, what is it?"

I took a deep breath, "It's about my arranged marriage, I want to know if it was your idea, or Jennifer's."

He tilt his head, and opened his mouth to answer but closed it and thought for a moment.

"It was Jennifer's idea-" I wanted to point something, but he continued, "But I agreed with her."

"Why?" I furrowed my eyebrows, "Without even discussing it with me? We're you going to force me into it? My opinion doesn't matter or.."

He shook his head, "I would never force you into doing something you're not fully convinced, specially when it's about marriage! But the whole thing was made to save the company, it was just an idea, you don't have to agree- you're free to choose whether you want to be with The Miller's son or not. It's optional. Get to know the kid first, nothing will move fast, the plan was to get you engaged, just a formal promise to the Millers, you can break it whenever you want." He inhaled tiredly, "We also planned on booking a trip to Coraçao, for you two to get to know each other, just after you graduate-"

"Coraçao!?" My eyes widened in excitement.

He chuckled, "Yes. But it is meant for you two to-"

"Yeah Yeah, I know." I waved at him, "He's a really nice guy. I'll give him a chance."

He smiled teasingly, "Am I missing something?"

I blushed, "Hmm? No.."

He shook his head with that stupid smile, "Alright, now get going, I have papers to sign."

I nodded understandingly and stood, "Oh and Joseph got into an accident and he's in Crossed heart hotpital, room 412."

He gasped, "When did that happen?!"

"Two days ago, he's fine now, but he was really hurt. Chances of him surviving were low. Thank God he made it, his mom was worried sick. I was there during the surgery." I mumbled.

He let out a breath, rubbing his forehead, "Thank god he's fine. Well, I'll make sure to call them now and try visiting this week."

I smiled, "I'm sure they'll love that."

As I walked out of the office and towards the kitchen, someone rang the bell.

I went to open the door and was shocked to see a bruised and bloodied Chase.