#17 The past

Tiffany's POV

I laughed at Joe's stupid joke, "Not funny." I gave him a straight face.

He chuckled, "It was pretty amazing in my opinion."

"Your opinion doesn't matter." I fired back in a laughing tone.

"Well, would you look at that, I guess I better start a movement on how my opinion matters." He sighed dramatically, as if it's tough work.

I was about to say something when my eyes caught the sight of many cars parked in front of my house. What the...

I glanced at Joe and saw him looking at a specific car, "Isn't that my parent's car?" He wondered.

"I don't know, how about we find out?" I suggested.

He nodded, parking his car. My car is still in his house, but I purposely went with him just to have a reason to go back there. I made up some excuse about being too tired and lazy to drive.

"Either your parents won ten cars, or it's a family gathering." He voiced out what we were both thinking. We walked together towards the house, "Are you ready?" He asked.

I nodded, "More than ever." I do have an idea of what this might be.

We barged in.

Yeah.

It is what we both thought it would be.

A family gathering. Just great.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I walked between my cousins, ignoring their stupid glares and went directly to my dad, "Dad." I patted his shoulder.

"Hey sweetie! You came?" He smiled at me, rubbing my back.

I smiled back, "Yeah, umm what is this?"

He raised his brows, "What does it looks like? A family gathering."

"Why?" I asked.

He chuckled, "What do you mean why? It's the twenty fifth."

Oh right! Every twenty fifth of each month, there would be a family gathering, it is the date when my late grandmother, dad's mom, died, making it the day where everyone gathers for a barbeque, as a way of saying she's still here to keep us together.

"Is that Tiffany?" Uncle Jax gasped, "Hell yes, girl you lookin fab!" He snapped his fingers.

I waved shyly, "Hey, uncle Jax."

He scoffed, "Didn't I tell you to call me Jax? Uncle makes me look old!" He chuckled, "Still the cutey pie, I wonder if you still have that pillow I gave you?" And rubbed his chin.

He was eye candy for the ladies, devilish dark green eyes, sharp jawline that was covered with a clean subtle, unfortunately for them, he preferred men.

I felt like hiding, "You mean that pillow with your picture on it holding a pie?"

He nodded enthusiastically, "Yes, that one!"

I chuckled nervously, "I gave it away."

Dad laughed, "Jax, give her a break, that pillow gave her nothing but nightmares."

He scoffed, "I made that pillow with my own blood, sweats and tears!"

"S-Sorry, I hear Joseph calling me!" I excused myself.

"Oh, you go get your man!" He gave me a light encouraging nudge.

I walked past my aunties and some strangers; Joseph's family or my family's friends, until I met with Joseph himself talking to my cousin Dilayla.