#20 The hope

Tiffany's POV

"Where is he? Which hospita-"

"I'm so sorry Tiffany, this must be hard for you to know all of a sudden." She voice keeps cracking.

What is she saying?!

"What? Are you kidding? What about you? You must be feeling double the pain. This is your son!"

"He's in Crossed heart hospital, level 4, he's still in the ER, but they told me that they'll keep him in room 412 if there's any chance of him surviving. Please come if you want, he needs you. He needs all of us."

We hung up, and I immediately called Jax.

"Where are you? I'm here."

I gulped, "I can't come Jax, there's a family emergency, I have to go. We can meet other times." By the way I spoke, he understood the urgency.

"Yeah of course, hope everything goes well. Wish you all the luck."

I don't need any of that luck. Joseph needs it more that I do.

_-_-_-_-_-_-

"Hey," I greeted Taylor softly as she kept wiping her eyes, she pulled me in a tight hug, "It's gonna be okay." I rubbed her back.

She let out her trapped sobs, soaking my shirt with her tears and snot, holding her weight as much as I can, until I couldn't anymore and pulled us towards the seats.

"Let it all out," I tried to sooth her pain, but no words can heal that wound, her motherly grief towards her suffering son, "He'll be fine."

She pulls back, "No, he won't! The doctor said there are close to none for him to survive! He's going to die! Oh God!" Her eyes red and puffy, lips so full and sore.

What type of doctor says that?

My heart ached for her. I don't know what to do? The only way to end her pain is by assuring her that her son will survive. I can't tell her that! I'm feeding her false hope already by telling her that's he's going to be fine. I'm not sure myself.

I felt tears form in my eyes, oh Joe.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

I offered her water bottle from the cafeteria, "You need to drink Taylor, you don't want Joseph to see his mother not taking care of herself."

Her lips tremble, "I prayed to God so hard to keep him alive, I will keep praying until there's no hope, I can't waste a minute to drink, I will give him my full attention if that's what it takes." She closed her eyes and started murmuring her prayers.

My shoulders slumped down in defeat, how am I going to take care of her? She's been like this for hours, she needs to drink before her body gets exhausted from dehydration.

I thought about not drinking too as a sign for respect, but hell I'm so thirsty! I need water. I chugged the whole bottle. Leaving the other one beside her hips.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

"Why are they taking so long?" I mumbled tiredly.

Her eyes snapped at mine with worry and panic.

Shit.

"You're right, they're taking too long. What does that mean? Is he still alive?" She asked me directly, seeking for something to ease her stress.

I pursed her lips, "Of course, they're still in the ER," I shrugged, "They're still working on him, meaning he still hasn't given up on us." I assured her.

She sighed and rested her head in her hands, continuing her prayers.

C'mon Joseph, fight hard. Do what you do best. Put a smile on our faces. Please.

I had my fair share of crying in the bathroom silently, but I need to stay brave in front of Taylor, she needs someone to hold her while she falls.

I believe in you Joe. I trust your strength.