44-𝘈𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦

*Saturday afternoon*

Janae POV

I sat outside of Starbucks waiting for him to pull up. These past couple of days been hard, I didn't go to school for the rest of the week, I've been ignoring almost everybody except for my family, I haven't talked to DJ either, he blows up my phone constantly and calls Gabi to check up on me.

This is the first time I've been out the house since ya know, and it kind of feels good, things have been hard on Jace too, he's been working really hard lately, he took over the business and has been searching high and low for the guys that killed our father.

I still can't believe he's gone, I know it would've happened sooner or later but I didn't think it would be this soon. He won't even see me walk across the stage, or get married, have kids, see my business open up, nothing.

I was knocked out my thoughts by someone calling my name, I turned and seen Keith walk through the door with a muffin in his hand.

I stood up and hugged him "How you holding up?" He asked taking a seat across from me.

"I'm getting through it slowly" I said looking down putting a fake smile on my face.

"Well I'm here if you need me, I really miss you Janae, I really do, shit ain't the same without you and Justice, seeing you with another dude just hurt me I-"

"That hurt you? He didn't give me head" I said cutting him off.

"I wasn't finished, I know what I did was wrong but it was a mistake, I'm not perfect Nae, what I did was stupid as fuck and I regret it I swear I do, it wasn't worth losing you" He said looking away and I sighed then mugged him.

"Did you fuck her?" I asked looking him dead in the eyes. "Who?" He said looking at me sideways.

"That girl I got into it with in first period, the girl you was sitting with at lunch, act dumb if you wanna" I warned waiting to slap him if he said anything stupid.

"That thot? Hell no I ain't fuck nobody since we started going out, that girl just sucked my dick and that's it I swear I really think my brother brought her into my room on purpose after we just got done drinking and smoking and shit but I'm not gonna blame him for my actions" He said looking me in the eyes.

I could tell he was telling the truth, a part of me wanted to get up and kiss him but another part of me wasn't having it, I'm going to listen to my heart and give him another chance.

"Ok, we have to take things slow, I'm still dealing with a lot right now I'm only giving you another chance because I genuinely love you and we've been through a lot together" I said rolling my eyes.

His face lit up and he jumped up and picked me up kissing me all over my face, I laughed and smiled, I really missed him.

DJ POV

I tried calling Janae AGAIN today but she ain't been answering, I heard about her dad and now I'm trying to be there for her. I like her a lot and I know she may not feel the same but I can't control my feelings.

She's different from other girls. She isn't stuck up or a hoe. She knows what she wants and she doesn't follow the crowd.

I sighed and called her one more time, this time she answered and I got a little excited. "Hello" her sweet soft voice said.

"Why you ain't been answering my calls? You been on Snapchat and shit but can't hit a nigga up for nothing" I snapped at her.

"Ok, I don't know who the fuck you talking to but you need to chill the fuck out like deadass" She said snapping back.