As if.

Hey guys, it's me.  So yeah, ready for As if?  Always, Audi!

Carina's POV

As if.

I go through the next few periods like a robot.  I can't stop thinking about Mr. Dreen, saying what he said.  More than that, how I reacted.  And even more than that, how Jaylen was staring at me.  She looked like she was trying to figure me out, like I was a puzzle.  Maybe I am.  One thing was for sure: I can't let her find out. 

It's now lunch, and I am sitting under the great big oak tree that has been here since the beginning of of Apple Hills' existence.

(Picture of tree

(Picture of tree.)

Anyways, I only sit outside when I am upset, so Brooke and Ellie know to leave me be.  I open my lunch box and grab some chips.  I hear the door open, and none other than Jaylen Alender comes out.  I revert my gaze to my lunch, and seeing that it wasn't much, I look at the sky instead.  I feel Jaylen's arm brush against mine as she sits next to me. 

"What are you doing here?" I ask, upset that someone is joining me. 

"Can't I eat lunch without a bunch of people around me?"  She replies. 

"I mean, what are you doing here next to me?"  I respond, rather snobbishly.

She shrugs and says "There's more shade." 

"Why are you.  Just forget it."  I eventually give up.  She smirks in reply. 

We eat in much welcomed silence until she spoke up saying "Why did you storm out of class when Mr. Dreen mentioned your parents?  Why did Mr. Dreen pale?  What happened outside of the class with Mr. Dreen?" 

I tense.  "It's nothing you need to worry yourself about!"  I snap. 

Her face becomes unemotional as she says "From that reaction, I would beg to differ." 

I glare at her and growl "Back off."  I don't need her in my business.  Frankly I don't need anyone in my business.  Mr. Dreen wasn't supposed to know, but he found out. 

"Make me."  Is her reply. There is so much venom in her voice that I don't fight back.  I normally do, but this different. 

"Look Carina, I know something is up, from class, and from how you are reacting now.  I just want to know, to see if I can help." She tells me whilst staring at me.  The stare is like she is trying to compel me to tell her what only 6 people know about.  Those people would be, me, Teach, mother, father, my brother, and of course God.  With the thought of someone else knowing I shake my head frantically.  I wasn't supposed to tell Teach.  My parents said that if I did, then they would tell everyone I was mental, and I was lying. 

Jaylen frowns at my head shaking. "Why don't you want to tell me? Why do you look afraid?" She presses.

I get defensive. As if, pfft. I mostly get defensive because of fear. Fear of what my parents would do. If they tell everyone that I am lying, what can I do? I'm just a minor. Plus, everyone thinks my parents are perfect. I'm pretty much hopeless.

"Earth to Carina?" Jaylen says. I snap out of my trance.

Before I can say anything, the bell rings. I sigh in relief, because anymore prodding, and I would have given in.

I rush to my next class and am happy to see no one else in my science class that I know as a friend or any of the new kids. The tardy bell rings and Ms. Janil hasn't come in yet. She is always late. Most classes would be having fun, but we don't want to be on Ms. Janil's bad side. Trust me.

"Hello lovelies." Ms. Janil's voice rings. She is normally happy, but she is terrifying when she is mad.

"Today I will be introducing the science history project. You will be given a topic and will have to do a report. I will be picking partners, so stop looking at each other trying to be telepathic."

The class sighs as she starts rattling off names.

"Miss Davis and Mr Staley." She says. I internally groans. Being partners with Diego Staley is terrible, because he is my life long bully. Physically and mentally. I look over as he smirks. I know this will be no walk in the park.

"Miss Davis's group, you have Tesla." She continues. A few minutes after she finishes telling the groups the bell rings.  I try and get out of the class as fast as I can.  I make it out, but unfortunately am shoved against the locker and then dragged down a deserted hall.  I get shoved hard against the wall.  

"Listen here, brat.  You will do ALL the work and you WON'T say ONE word!  I better get an A+ or you are dead!"  Diego growls in my ear.  When I don't answer he slams me again against the wall and punches me in the stomach.  He proceeds to shove me to the floor.   He repeatedly kicks me in the ribs, and bends down to stifle my screams of pain.  He leans closer to my ear and whispers softly, but intensely, "After this period meet me outside in the back, or you know what."  I nod meekly and he walks away.  The bell rings.  I slowly and painfully get up and walk to my singing class.  All the newbies and Brooke and Ellie are there.  The newbies surprise me, most of them being boys and all.  

"You are late Miss Davis."  Mr. Sala says.  I nod.  "For punishment, go and do a solo."  He finishes.  Singing a solo isn't really a punishment, because he knows I love to sing.  I walk to the piano and sing my favorite song: Titanium.  (Play song then continue...if you want)

It's my favorite song because it kinda symbolizes my home.  When I'm finished the whole class claps, and the newbies look impressed.  I nod, satisfied, and sit down to hear the rest of class.  

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Hey guys.  Sorry for the wait.  OMG THIS IS MY LAST FRIDAY OF SCHOOL! YAY!  Anyways, so I will be updating back and forth of DTAS and DBW, but I am working as fast as I can! I promise.  Gosh, I hate Diego.  Who else?  So, yeah, tell me what you think K?

Vote~If~you~want~comment~if~you~want~LOVE~IF~YOU~WANT~

Always, 

~ Audi