Seriously?

I'm sorry, I know I normally update sooner, but I was working on my new book.  Check it out, Toxic Twins. 

Luv Lyds!!

CARINA'S POV

So, wait, what?  I have a twin?  Here I am, across from Eliza, apparently my twin.  And let me tell you something, we are both peeved.  One thing I already know we have in common is our hate for lies. 

I can't believe no one ever told me!  Or her! 

"So, we're sisters?"  I state bluntly. 

"Looks like it."  She shrugs. 

I have to admit, I'm looking into a mirror, or so it seems. 

"So, who was that boy?"  Eliza questions, her eyebrows raised.

"I guess a friend.  I mean, I don't really know.  I'm probably just a charity case to him and his family."  I answer.  It's the truth.  I mean he doesn't like me, right? 

All he's been doing is saving my sorry self.  I'm seriously just a pain to him probably. 

"What do you mean?"  Eliza asks, tilting her head. 

"I said that out loud didn't I?"  I ask sheepishly. 

"Yeah.  Now tell me what that was about."  She demands. 

Should I tell her everything?  I mean she's my sister. 

"Damn right I am." She says.   Crap, I thought out loud again. 

"Well, I've been verbally abused for over a year by my parents.  I got beat beaten up by schoolmates, and him, his sister, and friends saved me.  Then my parents had a work dinner and they threatened to lock me in my room with out food, water, and a bathroom. After the week was over they picked me up. He had to catch me as I fell. Then I passed out eating breakfast with them. Finally I had a reunion dinner with my brother and their family, and after they left my mom whipped my back with a belt. They found me and now I'm here. They're probably tired of saving my sorry self. Especially Jonah." I explain.

"If he did all that for you, don't you think he likes you?" Eliza asks, scoffing.

"No, I mean, he's a good person. It's what good people do." I argue.

He doesn't like me. Why would he? I'm just a random person, with average looks.

"Seriously? Did you not see how he was protective of letting you be alone? Girl, your dumb. He likes you." She insists.

"No boy will ever like me Eliza. I'm average, and I have scars. Who would want something so broken?" I say, disgusted with myself.

"How about we ask him to come in here and we'll see what he has to say?" Eliza suggests. I shake my head frantically.

"He won't listen to me, say it." Eliza orders.

I sigh. "Jonah, please come in."

The door opens a second later.

"I don't think your a charity case." Is the first thing that flies out of his mouth.

"I don't thing you're a pain either. I actually do like you. For real." He adds.

"That's sweet, but you'll find that you won't like me. I don't even know why you like me. I mean, all you've had to do since you've met me is save me. Doesn't that get tiring?" I ask.

"Not when you care for the person who needs to be saved." He counters.

I breathe in. The new bad boy likes me. Even after saving me. Not possible. He's probably just saying that, I mean, I woke up from a coma so he probably doesn't want to freak me out. 

"Why won't you believe me?"  He snaps, as I realize I spoke out loud.

"Because.  I-" can I tell him?  Will he get mad at me?  This is too hard.  I can't think!

I start to hyperventilate, and I realize I'm having an anxiety attack. 

"Shoot, get a nurse."  Eliza hisses, somewhere in the background. 

People come in, and that's when I faint. 

"Come on, wake up!"  I hear. 

"Ehhhhhhhh" I moan.  I flutter my eyes slightly.

Jonah looms over me, his eyes alert. 

"Are you okay?"  He bursts.

"Settle.  I'm fine.  I think.  Yeah, I'm fine."  I say.  He's guilty.  His eyes show the guilt.

"Why do you have a look of guilt in your eye?"  I ask, tilting my head to the side.

"Because, if I hadn't snapped at you this wouldn't have happened.  I shouldn't have pressured you, you just woke up, and learned you had a twin, and I snapped at you.  I'm dumb.  I'm so sorry."  He talks, his words coming out a mile a minute.

"You're fine.  I don't blame you."  I tell him.

"I really am sorry." He apologizes.

"Stop apologizing! I deserved when you snapped at me. You had a right, I'm just not used to anyone caring for me, except for my teacher and friends. But why do you even care? I've just been a pain since we've met. I'm not even that pretty." I tell him, confused.

"You are pretty, actually you're gorgeous. And I do care for you. Because I care is why I saved you those few times. I know we're only freshman and stuff, but will you be my girlfriend? I'm actually 16 and I already have my license."

My mouth drops open.  He just asked me what? 

"Uh, um, uhhhhhhh?"  I say.  I've never been asked out before.  How do I respond?

"Um.  I've never dated before.  So, I don't know."  I tell him.

"That's fine.  I don't mind."  He shrugs.

"Then yes, I'll be your girlfriend."  I confirm.

He gets a grin on his face, a smile he hasn't sent my direction before.  But then again, when has he ever smiled at me? 

"Wait, what happened to my mother?  And father?"  I ask, suddenly becoming nervous.

"Your mom is in jail for life, and your father, well I don't actually know.  You're living with us from now on though."  He tells me.

"Um, I'm living with you?"  I squeak.

"Yeah, my mom isn't taking no for an answer.  He did abuse you even if he was blackmailed."  He replies.

"Wait what?  He was blackmailed by who?  And he was freaking blackmailed to abuse me?  Tell me the whole freaking story!  Wait, why is my mom in jail for life, and when did you have the trial?  This is too much to think about!  Make my mind stop!"  I gasp out, as I feel another anxiety attack coming.

Come on girl, calm down, you're okay, it's okay. Just breathe. If you're asking I'm coaching myself.

I breathe out again and look at Jonah, who has wide, worried eyes.

"I'm fine, I'm almost completely calm." I tell him.

As soon as the words slip out of my mouth the door swings open to reveal my father.

I scream, remembering the lashing I got from mother. My anxiety comes back full force. Jonah starts ushering my dad out of the room, but it's too late. I lock my gaze on my father's as I give in to the anxiety. The last thing I see is his expression, full of sadness.

Aye! Miss me? I know I know. I haven't updated in a few days. I know I updated quicker but I was working on my new book Toxic Twins. Check it out if you want.

Luv Lyds!!