What Do You Mean I'm Free?

Hello.  So this is in Carina's pov.  Just so you know ahead of time, there will be the same abusive scene as the chapter before, but in a different view.  I'll tell you right before.  LUV LYDS!! 

CARINAS POV

Once Jonah leaves my room I slide down to the floor. Why did he care so much if I was lying? 

I sigh.  I lean down to inspect the scratches from my mother's nails.  They're vicious. 

After a while I hear people coming up the steps.  I watch as the door opens and Jonah and Jaylen come in.  Jonah doesn't say anything but lifts me from the floor and sets me on my bed.  His lips are in a tight line. 

"What are you doing here?"  I ask. 

"Mom told us to check on you, Cameron to go somewhere else and the fathers to talk business.  She wants a word with your mom."  Jaylen answers, and I soon realize that Jonah is giving me the silent treatment.  I roll my eyes. 

"I'm fine." I answer coldly.  Jaylen scoffs. 

"You may have cleaned the blood and washed it, but you're still bleeding."  She states. 

I groan and wipe off the blood, putting a band aid on them. 

"So, now I'm fine, what do you want?"  I ask, still upset. 

"I want to not see a liar right now, but I guess I don't always get what I want, do I?"  Jonah hisses. 

"Fine!  You want to know?  For more than a year I've been verbally abused by my parents.  They hate me, I didn't do anything but they do.  Sure, they slap me, but that's punishment for dropping a dish or something.  My brother believes them, and I get threats, and even promises.  Who knows if it will escalate!  The reason I didn't tell you, is because if the cops come, they'll say I lied, they'll say I'm mental!  They don't want anyone to know, because they're so high up!  Frankly I hate my life, and I've thought about suicide!  You want to know, there you freaking have it!  Happy?"  I explode.  I keep my voice down, not wanting anyone but them to hear.

Jonah takes a step back, his mouth dropping open. 

Before he can reply his mom calls them to leave.  He and his sister walk out of my room, and soon enough their car is driving away. 

"Hey mom, dad, I'm hanging with Clay tonight.  Bye.  I'll be back in the morning."  I hear Cameron call.  I almost cry.  I know tonight will be bad with my parents. 

I hear steps stomping up the stairs.  I grab my knees to my head, holding back a sob.  My mom bursts in, a belt and some rope in her hands. 

She is going to whip me with a belt, my hands and ankles unable to help. 

"Mom, please, what did I do?  I'm sorry.  Please don't hit me with that." I plead.  She laughs. 

"How about, no?"  She asks, smirking at me.  I whimper. 

(This part may be triggering and it is abuse.  If you don't like any kind of pain, then skip it.  This will go till you see some random symbols.   Luv Lyds!!) 

"Strip.  Stay in your bra and underwear."  She demands as she closes the door.  I shake my head frantically.  She glares at me and I whimper.  She takes a step forwards and I immediately start to undress. 

"Lay down on your bed, stomach down, hands up above your head."  She commands.  I gulp.  

I slowly get on my bed, doing what she says, tears streaming down my face.  She walks over and ties my hands to the headboard, and with the second piece of rope, my ankles to the board at the foot of my bed.  She ties it roughly and tightly, knowing I won't be able to get out of it.  I wriggle, sobbing.  I look at her, begging with my eyes.