Let Me!

Ready?  I know you are. 

Luv Lyds!!

(JONAHS POV)

I stand on the doorstep, waiting for Carina's text.  I take out my phone to call her, when I hear a scream from inside the house.  I sprint into the house, Jaylen following.  I run up the steps, turning into her parent's room.  She stands in the doorway to the bathroom.  I walk to her, wrapping my arms around her, trying to comfort her.  I look at that scene before me, and whisper to Jaylen to call 911. 

I try to move Carina away, but she struggles.  I try and calm her down, down but she shoves me backwards, off of her.  I stumble back, but catch her arm, yanking her back to me.  She thrashes, but I only tighten my arms around her.  I lift her off the ground, and take her to Cameron's room.  She keeps struggling and then she stills.  She's still for a second, and then she starts to hyperventilate.  Carina doesn't even try to fight the anxiety attack, as she passes out. 

I groan, and run a hand through my hair.  I search for her phone and take it out.  I type in the passcode, which is 4878.  I open contacts and call Cameron.

"Hello?"  Cameron answers.  

"Hey. So, you might want to come home.  Like now?"   I tell him, not knowing anything else to say.  Like who would say "yeah your father is passed out, with a knife in his arm.   Oh, and your little sis is passed out."  Yeah, I'm not saying that. 

"Why?" Cameron barks through the phone.

You know what?  I'll just say that to get it over with. 

He let's out a string of curses after I tell him.  He starts muttering to himself. 

"Hey Jonah?"  He asks, with a voice warning me that he's peeved.

"Yes?"  I say cautiously.

"Why was my sister in the house, alone, which never worked out in the past."  He asks lowly. 

"I'm sorry."  I sigh. 

"I'll be home in 5."  He growls and hangs up.

I sit down on Cam's bed next to Carina. Minutes later the front door slams open and close.

"Did you call the ambulance?" Cameron asks impatiently.

"Yeah." Jaylen answers. "They should be here soon."

Cameron sits on the other side of Carina.

"Can someone go get a cold damp towel?" Cam asks after a minute. Jaylen leaves. The silence is deafening.

Jaylen returns and Cam puts the towel on Carina's forehead. 

"She should wake up in a few minutes.  Don't let her out of the room.  I'm going to go deal with the ambulance.  If this scars her I'm literally going to throw Marcus out of the house.   That is, if he lives."  Cam says and leaves the room. 

I text my mom and dad and tell them about was has happened here.  They send an "ok" back.  A little groan comes from beside me.   Moments later she jolts up, a panicked look on her face. 

"MARCUS!  Where is he?  I need to see him!"  She gasps. 

"Car, you can't."  I tell her softly.

"WHY?  Where is he?  Is he hurt?  Wait, of course he is hurt!  Duh.  But is he alive?"  She fires the questions. 

"I believe he's alive, and he's still in his room.  The ambulance is here.  And as for why, I don't want you to pass out again."  I answer. 

"I'm not going to!"  She snaps back.  She stands up and tries to go out the door, but Jaylen blocks the doorway.  Carina gives a pleading look, but Jaylen just shakes her head.  Carina lets out a whine, and plops down on the floor, pouting like a child.

"Seriously now you're going to pout?"  Jaylen asks, giving a look of disbelief.  Carina nods.  Then she stands up and walks away, making Jaylen let down her guard.  Carina the sprints past and straight into Cameron who gives her a glare, and then glares at Jaylen and I.  I give an innocent smile back. 

"I can't even trust you to babysit my sister?  Really?"  He scoffs.  "It's simple.  Don't let her out of the room.  All you had to do." 

He drags her to me, and waits until I have a hold of her to leave.  In my hold she thrashes and tries to get out, but I only tighten.  She stills and then sighs. 

"Let me see him!  Let me! Let me!" She whines.

"No Carina."  I sigh.  

"I was hoping I didn't have to do this.  Sorry."  She mutters, and then I'm holding my family gem as she runs out of the room.  Jaylen is no help as she is laughing in the corner.  I glare at her, and she holds her hands up in surrender.

She goes out of the room trying to find Carina. A few minutes later, a fuming Cameron, and the two girls arrive. 

"Second time.  Second gosh dang time."  Cam hisses. 

I smile nervously as he sets Carina on the bed.  "Stay.  Here."  He growls, to which she puts her head down to.  He glares at Jaylen and I before he leaves. 

Carina curls up in a ball.  I sit down next to her, with Jaylen on the other side. 

"Carina?"  I ask cautiously. 

"Did my father do that because of me?  Did I cause his pain?"  She questions sadly. 

"No of course not!  He did it because of himself.  He was mad at himself for doing what he did."  I tell her.  She nods and scoots closer to me. 

Kay guys.  Sorry for it being short.  I had no idea what to do for this chapter so I tried my best.  

Also.  DO NOT EXPECT FAST UPDATES AT ALL!!!!!!

Luv Lyds!!