22

Choyeon's POV

I saw Kireum ran towards someone. That maybe was Taehyung. Moments later, They're finally here, but what I saw is surprising. They're interwining fingers.

"K-Kireum..." Jungkook uttered, looking confused as I am right now.

The rescue team checked them before leaving. The police interviewed Kireum, still holding Taehyung's hand.

"Taehyung!" I yelled. He glanced at me blankly and it didn't take long. One of my eyebrows was raised because of his sudden actions. What's his problem?

When they finished the interview, they let Kireum go and leave. Kireum and Taehyung walk towards us so I greet him with a hug.

"Stay away from me..." He said. I let go of him, confused.

"W-What's wrong?" I asked. He glared at me so I gulped real hard. My heart beats so fast. Please... don't say those words...

"So... You believed in me, huh?" My eyebrows met because of what he stated. "What do you mean?"

"You believed that I love you?" He chuckles like it's some kind of a joke.

"But... You said that you love me." Kireum laughs of what I said. "What a fool. He's acting it all out."

My eyes widened in shock. My heartbeat stopped for a moment. I can't moved my body and I'm frozen.

"I don't really love you. So stay out of my way. You're too dumb to realized that. The one I truly love is Kireum. And we'll get married by next month. Don't worry, I'll assigned you as the maid of hono—"

*PAK*

His cheek became red because of my slap. I gulped, holding back my tears. Jungkook holds my shoulder like he's trying to comfort me. I came back to my senses and realized of what I just did.

"Mi--Mianhe..." I stuttered sincerely while covering my mouth, eyes widened. He scoffed then walks away, pulling Kireum with him.

Those words I don't want to hear just came out from his mouth. So the saying is true... That the one you truly loved, is also the one who'll break your heart into a million pieces.

I knelt on the ground. My tears started to fall. I covered my face as I cry louder. I feel Jungkook also kneel beside me then wrapped his arms around me. I can feel his warmth but I don't feel home into his arms.

"Mianhe, Choyeon..."

"It's... Not your fault. It's mine. I believed to a lie. I trusted a person that I knew that was fooling me from the start. I loved forbiddingly. I loved that was against the law." I stated. My voice cracked because of the tears.

"I'll promise you... That I will help you to forget that guy. To heal the wounds he left to you." I smiled weakly. Jungkook is a good friend. But is it possible...

That I can like two persons at the same time?

One week later...

It's been a week since that hurtful scene happened to me. I didn't give up that easily. I've been trying to get his attention to tell me the truth. I'm not contented to what he said. And I'm not convinced that he doesn't love me.

"Taehyung!" I sweetly called him. He looked at me blankly then gets his attention back to work. I smiled sheepishly.

"I made a lunch for you." I said while smiling, not giving up.

"What are you doing?" I heard a familiar voice behind me. I turned around and as expected, It's Kireum. She's back at work because of Taehyung. And the news that they're back together and that they're getting married spread really fast.

"I made him a lunch an—"

"I already made him some so stay back." She said. I hold the lunchbox and put it to my desk. I looked at them once again and I quickly averted. They are kissing.

I walked out of the office, closed the door loudly then ran fast.

"Cho-ssi?" I stopped running and looked up. It's Jin-oppa.

"Oppaaaaa..." I whined then hugged him tight. I really need this.

It's lunchtime and we're in our spot that's in the very middle of the cafeteria. And happily, my friends are complete, with of course, three new friends which are Namjoon, Yoongi, and Jungkook. We started to hang out with each other two weeks ago and we got close easily, especially Jungkook.

"So what seems to be the problem?" Namjoon asked while resting his chin to his palm. I sighed while the six are waiting for me to answer.

"Nothing..." I mumbled.

"Come on, maybe we can help." Yoongi uttered.

"Don't worry about me, guys. I'm alrighty!" I said then flashed them a really big smile which it's obvious that was fake.

"Cho-ssi. It's about your stepbrother again, isn't it?" Jin retorted. I puffed my cheeks while looking down. It's really embarrassing that I've got the same problem for years.

"Let's not forced her to tell us." Jungkook said. The others just nod then continue eating. Jimin was staring at me the whole time and from his expression, I know he's worried about me. And also Jungkook.

"I've got a joke." Jin stated. Oh great, it's one of his dad jokes again. But it's quite hilarious, mostly when the others just blankly staring at him while Jin-oppa laughs at his own joke, and Jimin laughs like he's so done with Jin-oppa about it for a minute.

"Shut the fuck up, Kim Seokjin. No more chocolates for you." Yoongi uttered. But Seokjin seemed that he ignore what Yoongi just said.

"What does a vegetarian zombie eat?" That's very confusing though.

"What?" Hoseok asked.

"Grains."

As expected, Jimin laughed so hard to his joke, Jungkook giggled, while the others looked down, soulless.

"Get ready to be haunted at midnight, Jin-hyung." Namjoon said while shaking his head.