Prolouge

Hoseok tapped his finger on his desk, startling his sleeping cat. The cat butted his head against Hoseok's hand, but Hoseok continued to stare at the computer screen and his papers spread out in front of him. Hybrids were popular pets/slaves for the rich, everyone had seemingly forgotten what had caused so many of them so much pain three years ago.

Hoseok remembered what it was like. It didn't happen to him, but someone he loved dearly. His cat mewed, trying to break Hoseok's concentration.

"Not now Yoongi, I'm busy," but Hoseok absentmindedly started to stroke the cat's fur. Oh yah. The person he loved, that went through all that pain, was his cat, Yoongi. He had been a cat for two years, and Hoseok spent almost all of his free-time trying to give Yoongi back his humanity, his real body. Yoongi pawed Hoseok's head to look out the window, showing the mail truck leaving. Hoseok sighed and stood up to go get the mail, Yoongi following him out his dorm door.  Taehyung waved as he left to get his mail, a small lop-eared rabbit hopping around his heels.

"Jungkook has been really energetic lately, he jumps onto all the furniture he can reach and always bothers me and Jimin when we are trying to sleep." Tae rubbed his eyes for emphasis.

"Yah, Yoongi gets really roudy too, " he said as he watched Yoongi push Jungkook into the snow that covered the front lawn and yelp in coldness when Jungkook kicked it up at him. "He won't let me research on my computer, jumping of of things and scattering my papers all over. He jumps from divider to divider at the cafe and plays tag with the kids." Hoseok laughed.

"It's like they are excited for something, even NamJoon." Jin joined them, climbing out of the car they had bought a few months back. "I was called to his area twice for jumping the fence somehow." Hoseok opened his mail bix and sorted out the mail.

"Hey, where's Jimin?" He asked.

"Oh he had the night shift at the store so he's inside sleeping." Tae said, "Hey what's that one?" He pointed to a grey envelope, addressed to Hoseok.

"Hm, let's see." Hoseok tore open the envelope, revealing a typed up letter.

Dear Mr. Jung,

I have an opportunity for you and your pet that you seem very close too. You see I visited the coffee shop you work at a few days ago and saw how you interacted with your pet cat, Yoongi. I have only seen a few animals respond to human so... Humanly before. And all of these were defective hybrids, or hybrids who turned fully into animals after receiving a treatment from the government. I assure you I am trying to help so please meet me at the cafe at 4:00 pm today.

Hoseok stopped reading and showed the other two.

"How does this person know about Yoongi?" Hoseok questioned. They heard a door close and saw Jimin stepping outside.

"Jimin, come here," Tae waved him over crazily, earning a few worried glances from the neighbors. Jimin was still half asleep as he read the letter, so the first thing that came out of his mouth was,

"Who is Mr. Jung?" Tae burst out laughing as Hoseok scowled.

"That's me you idiot," Hoseok scoffed and picked Yoongi up from the snow where he was playing with Jungkook. Yoongi snuggled into the warmth of Hoseok's coat, purring. Tae coaxed Jungkook out of the hole he had dug in the ground, so Tae didn't have to destroy the tunnels.

Jungkook peeked out of the hole, his small pink nose twitching. Tae picked him up and laughed when Jungkook flicked all the snow out of his fur all over Tae.

"So, are you going to go?" Tae looked at Hoseok.

"If it could help my kitten, I'd do anything." Yoongi rubbed the corners of his eyes against Hoseok's hand and softly mewed.
"Well then you don't mind me coming right?" Tae followed Hoseok up to his dorm door, holding Jungkook .

"No, not at all." Tae bowed in thanks and walked away.

Time skip

"Seon Jissu?" Hoseok recognized the reporter that changed everything with a single article in a heartbeat.

"That is me," she waved him over. "And before you ask, yes I did send the letter. I see you brought a friend." she gestured toward Tae, who held Jungkook's cage closer to his chest. Jungkook couldn't come out unless Hoseok's boss felt generous. Hoseok nodded.

"Yes and I need to ask my boss about something." Hoseok set down Yoongi and slipped into the back.

"Koni-Noona!"

"Hoseok-ah, it's your day off!" Koni walked into the kitchen from the break room.

"I'm here with Tae, and he brought his rabbit, can he let him out? His rabbit will be good i swear, he's like Yoongi," Koni sighed and nodded.

"I swear, if he gets into trouble..."
"Thanks so much," he bowed and ran back to the table. He gestured at Tae, who opened up Jungkook's cage on the
seat, letting the small rabbit hop out.

"So what did you have that would help our situation." Yoongi was calmly sauntering around the cafe, completely opposite of how he had been acting the last few days.

"A way to get back your life. Well more like his life." Jissu gestured towards Yoongi, who was lapping up water from the bowl he always had put out.

"What did you have in mind?"