1

Hoseok bent down to pour the cat food into Yoongi's bowl. He added a few of the small kibbles,  the ones that Jissu gave him.

"Trust me, it's been tested a few times. Just try it," she had reassured him. (btw if you don't know who Jissu is, she is the reporter who wrote the newspaper article about the hybrid warehouse in the first book. The one that told all the boys about the treatment in the hospital.)

Yoongi munched on his food, while Hoseok flopped down on his bed. The boy wasn't used to having actual free time as he always spent it on research. Yoongi jumped onto the bed and curled up next to Hoseok. Hoseok realized how tired he was and started to drift of to sleep, pulling Yoongi closer to him. His hand started vibrating as the cat underneath it started to purr.

Hoseok woke up to something rough moving against his cheek. When he opened his eyes, he found Yoongi licking him to wake him up.

"Yoongi stop! What time is it?" Yoongi nodded towards the alarm clock and Hoseok saw that he had 15 minutes before his shift started at the cafe. He raced to get himself ready while Yoongi sat on his pillow and watched.

When Hoseok was dressed in his clothes, a long sleeve white collared shirt with the cafe's logo on it and black jeans, he held out his arm to Yoongi, who climbed Hoseok's coat sleeve and rested on his shoulder. Even though Yoongi had grown into an adult cat, he was still very small and skinny, so he fit perfectly onto Hoseok's shoulder.

He walked into the cafe with two minutes to spare, beaming brightly. Yoongi jumped from Hoseok's shoulder onto an empty table.

"I'm here, Koni!" his boss popped her black haired head out of the kitchen and made her way to Hoseok. She hugged him and scratched behind Yoongi's ear, making the kitten's eyes close halfway.

"Good, we're getting ready for the morning crowd." Hoseok fastened onto his pin and remembered that he had brought Yoongi's cat food.

Hoseok bent down and poured the food into the bowl and got Yoongi some clean water. A family walked in and the youngest child squealed when she saw Yoongi grooming himself.

"You have a kitty!?"

(Over at the big cat sanctuary)

Jin pulled over his Jeep at the main office, where he was going to take a reporter on a tour of the sanctuary for a report she was going to do on his relationship with NamJoon, a cougar, but secretly a defective hybrid. A girl climbed into the jeep and sighed. It was winter, it was cold. Her teeth chattered and Jin turned up the heat.

"Hi I'm Seon Jissu, and I've heard of your legendary friendship with a mountain lion that lives here." she pulled out a voice recorder. "You don't mind if I record this right? " Jin waved his hand.

"Oh it's fine, go ahead," He said, flashing a smile as he put the car into drive. "Oh hey,  I recognize your name, you wrote the article on the hybrid warehouse yeah?" she nodded and Jin held out his hand. She took it and shook, her hands soft and smooth against his slightly calloused ones from working with all the big cats.

"Ok, I wanted to know how you and NamJoon met." she flinched as Jayain the tiger started running alongside the jeep like she usually does when Jin drives by.

"Don't mind her, she loves doing that. Anyways, " Jin bit his lip before answering, "I met him the first time I came here. He had escaped from the big cats waiting to be tagged and just settled outside the Jeep I was driving."

Jissu nodded.

"And how did you become such close friends?" Jin almost told her the truth, but didn't want to reveal his secret.

"Well when the workers came to catch him, one of them offered me a job, working with the big cats because of how the cougar acted around me and Jayain over there was running next to the Jeep and roaring so I guess that was a good thing, right Jayain?" Jin got a roar in response. "I guess they love my beautiful face," he chuckled. "After that I wanted to hang around with NamJoon more and we just sorta bonded." he heard the click of the voice recorder turning off.

"I have one more question. That story of yours, was only partially true wasn't it?" Jin gulped.

"What do you mean?"

"When the cougar was outside your jeep, that was the first time you met the cougar, not the first time you met NamJoon. Right?"

"I don't know what you mean,"

"He's not really a cougar, is he?"

"Seriously what are you talking about?" Jin felt sweat beading on the back of his neck.

"I'm asking if NamJoon is a hybrid!" Jin slammed on the brakes, making both passengers lurch forward. Jissu held up a small baggie from the duffel bag she carried around.

"I talked to your friends. They're doing the same thing for Yoongi and Jungkook. Just try."

(back at the cafe.)

Koni stroked Yoongi's  soft back, making the cat stretch in pleasure. She cooed and gave him a sausage. Hoseok scoffed and said, "You spoil him too much, Noona."

"Don't try that on me, I know you spoil him worse than any one in the world." Hoseok picked up Yoongi and snuggled him to his chest.

"That's my job though," He pouted and set Yoongi down, where the cat padded over go his bowl of water and got a drink. Hoseok went back behind the counter as the door opened and smiled brightly at the customer with his signature heart shaped grin. It was a college student out late after a study session with friends.

"what are you getting your degree on?" Hoseok asked as he added extra whipped cream on the top of the coffee, to the delight of the customer.

"Mammal Biology. I've been studying it for three years. I've found out i wanted to do that after the hybrid incident." Yoongi raised his head when he heard mention of hybrids, but remembered he was supposed to be a cat and continued lapping up water.

"There is a rumor that some of the missing hybrids from after the treatment problem turned into animals. I have been researching it with a local reporter," she leaned in close as she took her coffee, "Its real. We've helped some become human again. No joke," she smiled and walked out of the cafe, leaving Hoseok with his mouth hanging open. If more than just Jissu were saying that this cure could work, there was a much higher chance that it would.

Half an hour later, Hoseok was helping close up. He flipped the sign and started to sweep. As usual, him and Koni were the last people there. She suddenly yelled for Hoseok.

"Hoseok!" The boy set down the broom and walked into the main room of the cafe. Koni's face was a pale white.

"What is it Noona?" He asked.

"What's going on with your cat?!" she shakily pointed at Yoongi,  who was changing, getting bigger, snout smaller, skin emerging. He was turning human. In just a few seconds, there was a hybrid sitting like a cat, spaced out.

"Y-Yoongi?" Hoseok slowly approached. Yoongi slowly lifted his head, his feline eyes meeting Hoseok's.

"Y-y-yes?"