01 ⤷UNCLE OF THE YEAR

_

_

The rest of that week passed by rather quickly.

Kaiwa walked with Obito down through Konoha, hand in hand. She was definitely nervous for what was about to come.

Today was the day she started the academy.

She was already behind Itachi and Shisui in skill, giving her even more motivation to catch up. But now that she was getting closer and close to the academy, she wasn't so sure she could do it.

"I'm nervous, Oji-san." Kaiwa halted, causing Obito to do the same.

"Hey, you're gonna learn to be a ninja like me!"

"Yeah, but..."

"No buts. You're gonna do fine."

Obito was able to convince Kaiwa to continue on their path.

When the pair finally made it to the school courtyard, it was crowded with parents saying goodbye to their young children. Some were crying, others were giving their kids harsh pep talks.

When Kaiwa looked at Obito, he took her into his arms, enclosing her in a tight hug which she quickly returned.

"My Kaiwa is growing up!" He cried. Kaiwa pat her uncle's back, coaxing him to let go so she could go inside. Once he did set her back down, he bent slightly to kiss the top of her head, before giving her a light push towards the entrance.

"I'll be here to pick you up!" He waved, trying not to cry in front of all these people. Kaiwa hesitated in the sea of students, before running back to Obito and hugging around his waist, and mumbling into his shirt.

"I love you, Oji-san." Her voice was hardly audible, but it shattered Obito's emotional barriers. Tears streamed down his face.

"I love you too," he sniffed. Kaiwa pulled away, beaming happily at him. 

"You don't have to cry, Oji-san. I'll see you later," she smiled, turned tail, and ran inside with the other kids.

Obito lingered for only a moment, before stuffing his hands in his pockets and walking towards home. He would soon learn how lonely the house would be without Kaiwa, but nothing made him prouder than dropping off his little ninja-in-training.

Meanwhile, Kaiwa finally found her classroom. It was full of kids her age. When her teacher came in, the buzz of excitement died down enough for him to speak.

He was a tall, slim man with a head of messy brown hair. His Konoha headband kept it off of his forehead, but it was just about everywhere else. His soft brown eyes gave Kaiwa comfort about the whole ordeal.

"Welcome, students! Since I'm sure many of you don't know each other, we're going to start off with introductions. I'll start."

The students shifted eagerly in their seats.