21 ⤷UNCLE KNOWS BEST

_

_

Kaiwa woke up in an unfamiliar place. It was a soft, white bed, but it wasn't in her bedroom. As she looked around, Kaiwa concluded that it was a small inn room. She rubbed the sleep from her eyes, cringing at her sore muscles.

When she looked to the other end of the room, her black eyes widened, their tiredness forgotten.

Kaito and Ryuu were sharing the other bed, holding tightly to each other in their sleep. Kaiwa hoped they knew that once they got back to Konoha, Kaito would be interrogated in prison.

With a heavy sigh, Kaiwa went into the bathroom for a shower.

With her dripping body wrapped in a white towel, she filled the sink with water, washing out her clothes, hoping that the blood wouldn't stain too badly.

Memories of the previous night came flooding in. It wasn't like Kaiwa to kill someone like that.

Kaiwa gripped the edge of the sink, glaring at her reflection. Her wet hair stuck to her face that was littered with small scratches.

Kaiwa found her spare set of clothes, a simple pair of short, black shorts and a black shirt. Her clothing showed much more skin than she was used to, but the only other option was to wear bloody and wet ninja clothes.

Once her ninja sandals were on her feet, Kaiwa took her weapons pouch and attached it to her leg after filling it with some yen.

Kaiwa walked quietly through the inn room, closing the door behind her. Once she paid the innkeeper at the front desk, she headed back to the room for some sleep. Though while she fumbled for the keys, it sounded like there was someone inside.

Kaiwa leaned closer to the door, and her face went red when she heard the bed creaking against the wall. Blood threatened to drip from her nose when the sound of male panting went to her ears.

"There's no way I can go back in there now."

Kaiwa looked down at herself before shrugging. She figured that she'd just take a walk around the village; she might even do some shopping. It was the middle of the afternoon, nearly the evening.

The village was small. So small in fact, that Kaiwa had left it far behind before she noticed. Her feet kept moving, but she didn't mind. The forest air was warm and fresh.

Kaiwa heard someone following behind her, and turned around just in time to see the masked man.

"What are you-?!" She gasped, her heart racing.

"Don't you dare blow my cover. Understand?" He growled.

"Y-yes," Kaiwa stuttered, still trying to gather herself. The man let go of her, and began twirling around with his hands in the air.

"Oi, Tobi! Where'd you run off to, un?"

"Deidara-senpai!" The masked man called, his voice extremely high and childish. Kaiwa nearly choked.