10 ⤷WEDDING ANNOUNCEMENT

_

_

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay going to training today, Neechan?" Naruto asked worriedly as the two siblings were eating breakfast.

This was the first time Kaiwa had come out of her room in two days. She was locked up with grief, but she had no choice but to emerge from her cave of blankets, and rejoin her worldly responsibilities.

"I... I'll be fine." Kaiwa bit her lip, feeling dry tears threatening to escape from her dull, sleep-deprived eyes. But her tears had long since dried. There were none left to cry.

"You can hang out with me instead," Naruto suggested, sneakily taking some of Kaiwa's noodles that she didn't have the appetite to eat.

Kaiwa didn't love the idea of ramen every morning, but since Naruto did, she sucked it up.

Only, that morning she had no appetite.

"You have to go to school," Kaiwa sighed softly. "And I'll be fine. I just..."

"Just what?"

"Nothing," Kaiwa concluded, plastering on a small, fake smile. Naruto squinted at her suspiciously, causing Kaiwa to become nervous.

"Shoot, he can see right through me," she thought. "I can't let him get worried over me and my problems."

To distract him, Kaiwa handed her bowl of ramen to Naruto, and obviously that did the trick. He was so preoccupied with his food that he didn't have time to interrogate his sister.

After glancing at the clock, Kaiwa stood up abruptly, not wanting to miss her meeting with the rest of Team Jiro.

"Neechan, aren't you forgetting something?"

"Huh?"

"This!" Naruto exclaimed, holding up Kaiwa's small choker necklace. "You always wear it but you left it on your dresser!"

Without stopping to question why Naruto was snooping around her room, Kaiwa blinked in surprise, and her hand flew to her neck. Sure enough, the familiar accessory wasn't there.

"Where'd you even get this, anyway?" Naruto wondered after he'd placed the necklace into Kaiwa's hands.

"Oji-san," she replied without even thinking.

"Your uncle gave it to you? That Obito guy?"

"Yeah. He, uh... he gave it to me when I graduated the academy."

It was mostly true. Although Obito wasn't there to give it to Kaiwa himself, he entrusted Kakashi with the task upon his dying breath. Luckily, Obito's left pocket was the one that held the necklace inside, leaving it untouched by the rock that crushed his right side.

"Kaka...shi," Obito breathed. "You need... to give... this..."

Rin watched with tears flowing down her cheeks. She couldn't believe what had happened.