03 ⤷KAITO THE PUPPETEER

_

_

For the past two nights that Kaiwa had slept at his house, Itachi woke up to Kaiwa having left for the academy, and her cat lying by his head, sometimes sprawled across his face. Occasionally, he would wake up from Kumo pawing at his face impatiently, wanting him to wake up and let her out.

Kaiwa would always feed Kumo before she left, but she didn't want to let Kumo out to roam for the whole day, so Itachi told her that he would take care of it.

This morning was no different. Itachi awoke when he was almost suffocated by his friend's cat.

Itachi picked Kumo up off of his face, opened the window, and Kumo jumped out towards the forest, probably on her way to catch some birds.

Meanwhile, Kaiwa was spending her days like she mostly did now. At the academy.

They'd be starting shuriken training soon, but of course, they had to cover the safety regulations first. Kaiwa had grown to know some of the other kids in her class, but mostly stuck with Nyoko.

Kaiwa also learned the name of the boy who pushed her through the window on her first day. His name was Kaito Mikazuki. He was two years ahead of Kaiwa.

Kaiwa saw him through the classroom window, and he was talking to a few of his friends. Kaito brushed some of his dark brown hair from his piercing green eyes. A few girls from Kaiwa's class were looking through the window at him too, swooning over his looks. But Kaiwa couldn't forget about how he'd run away when he saw Obito's sharingan.

Peeling her eyes back to the front of the class, she was just in time to notice her classmates start filing out behind the teacher.

Kaiwa didn't know how long she must've zoned out for, but she hoped she didn't miss too much.

The young Uchiha scrambled out of the classroom at the end of the line, and outside to the training field that had targets spread out.

Kaiwa sprinted as fast as she could past Kaito and his group, but she tripped over an outstretched foot. She fell face-first onto the dirt, and when she looked up, she saw Kaito staring down at her with his eyebrows furrowed and his mouth turned in a slight frown.

It was a look that she wouldn't soon forget.

When Nyoko ran back to help Kaiwa up, ignoring the group of older boys, the two ran off to go practice. Kaiwa stole a glance behind her, and she saw Kaito still looking at her with the same look.

She proceeded to pick up a handful of shuriken, prepared to throw them just like she practiced with Obito, Itachi, and Shisui. The moment she threw one that looked like it would land on the third ring of the target, it strayed slightly off course.

Kaiwa bit her lip before trying again. It was almost like her shuriken were being moved by some outside force. She turned to her right, and a few yards away stood Kaito and his group. The older boy was giving her the exact same look as before, only his eyebrows were slightly more furrowed.