22 ⤷FACE UNDER THE MASK

_

_

Kaito wasn't the only one taken to prison when Team Jiro reached Konoha.

"Uchiha Kaiwa, you're under arrest for murder of sixteen Konoha ninja," one of the masked ninja announced while Kaiwa was being cuffed with chakra chains.

"Kaiwa?!" Ryuu couldn't believe his ears. "Hey, she wouldn't do something like that, let her go!"

"This has been an ongoing investigation. Uchiha Kaiwa is guilty, punishable by death."

Kaiwa had nothing to say for herself, because it was true. All of it was true. She should've known that her crimes would catch up with her; she was just surprised that it took them this long to grow the balls to actually arrest her.

"Kaiwa, it's not true, is it?" Ryuu whispered, Kaito beside him. Kaito was cuffed with chakra restrains as well, but he was cooperating with the police, who allowed him to stand with his teammate.

"Go on, Uchiha. Tell him it's true," one of the foundation members hissed into Kaiwa's ear. "Tell him about how you've killed dozens of Lord Danzo's men. Tell him the truth."

"You don't know half of the shit that goes on in this village, Ryuu. You don't know what they do."

"That's enough. Say your last words before you're a goner."

"Last words?" Kaiwa repeated, watching Ryuu and Kaito. She could almost see the passionate electricity between them. "Don't let go of each other. Ever."

"Kaiwa!" Ryuu cried as his friend was dragged away. "Kaito, do something!"

"There's nothing we can do," Kaito growled, following where his escorts were leading him. "She did that to herself. I'll try to get this over with so we can see each other again but... promise me you won't do anything stupid."

"I love you, Kaito!" Ryuu blurted, making Kaito's green eyes widen. Neither of them could fathom what just came out of Ryuu's mouth.

"I love you too, Red," Kaito smirked, allowing the police to guide him away. "Don't worry about me."

Ryuu could do nothing but stand there, wondering how his life had crumbled in the span of minutes. There had to be something he could do, but...

-

After a few minutes of struggling, Kaiwa was thrown onto the floor of an underground prison. She grunted as her body hit the ground, but she was pulled up by her hair.

"This is long overdue, Uchiha," a familiar voice rang through the room. His cane clicked on the solid floor with every step he took.

His single, squinted eye stared down at Kaiwa like a knife.

"My personal sense of justice tells me that you deserve to suffer for your crimes. Every single one of them." Kaiwa cringed at the tugging on her hair that forced her to look at Danzo.