06 ⤷THE RETURN OF ZETSU

_

_

After only a few weeks, Kaiwa was back at the academy. She was very against leaving Naruto, but Kakashi promised that he'd take care of the baby while Kaiwa was away.

Kaiwa just started her second year of the academy. She was nine years old, and moving fast. She'd been moved up a year based on the skills she acquired from her sharingan, but she didn't like it much. She really wasn't skilled enough to have skipped a year, but the instructors insisted that the sharingan had too much "potential".

At lunch on a particular day, Kaiwa sat in the corner of the classroom, munching quietly on leftover dinner that Kakashi packed in a bag for her.

Kakashi was an exceptional cook.

Kaiwa quietly finished eating and put her lunchbag back under her class table.

"So, what was your name again?" The boy sitting next to her randomly spoke, causing Kaiwa to jump in surprise.

"Uh... Kaiwa Uchiha..." Kaiwa muttered uncomfortably to the boy with blazing amber eyes and fiery red hair.

"Oh. Okay." With that, he turned back to his friends and didn't talk to Kaiwa again. Any hope she had of making a friend in her class fizzled away, and she lied her head down on the table.

"I'm Ryuu," he suddenly spoke again. Kaiwa lifted her head up to look at him. He smiled and turned back to his conversation with his friends.

The girl sighed and dropped her head back down to her desk. She had a very peculiar dream while lunch was going on.

She stood at the end of the dimly lit hallway. There was a single picture frame hanging on the wall, and the picture appeared to be moving.

Kaiwa approached it and looked to see what looked like a fox with many tails. They were swinging around too much for her to count, but the place it was standing in was covered in a shallow pool of water.

The fox was kept behind a massive golden gate. Kaiwa watched the moving pictures in amazement.

Kaiwa was snapped out of her dream when someone tugged on her hair. She glanced to see who it was, and was shocked to see that it was Ryuu. He held a finger to his lips, telling Kaiwa to be quiet, whilst he pointed to the front of the class where the teacher was returning.

Kaiwa would have to find another time to sleep, because she sure wasn't going to get any more during the school day.

-

After class, Kaiwa rushed through the halls trying to find Nyoko. She was stopped when a kid, obviously older than her, was leaning over a small boy. The raven-haired kid was calm in the presence of the bully, but Kaiwa felt anger. No, fury.

Without knowing how to stop it, Kaiwa ran in between Itachi and the bully.

"Leave my friend alone," she growled, clenching her fist. She had no idea where this bravery came from.