08 ⤷PROTECTIVE SISTER

_

_

The academy would be releasing its students for the day any minute. Fifteen-year-old Kaiwa waited outside of the gates with Kumo, her pet cat that followed her out of the house on that particular day.

While Kaiwa was making kissy noises to the purring feline, she heard a sudden noise that sounded like crying.

It didn't sound like Naruto, so Kaiwa slightly relaxed, but she went to investigate anyway. As Kaiwa slightly wandered to try and locate the crying person, she saw a little girl with pink hair curled up in a ball under a tree.

The Uchiha moved towards the sad child and crouched to her level.

"Hey there," Kaiwa spoke softly.

The little girl looked up with tears in her big green eyes. The kid looked familiar.

"Sakura, right?" Kaiwa wondered. Sakura nodded. "What's wrong?"

"They made fun of my forehead again!" Sakura wailed, making Kaiwa frown.

"Who did?"

"Them!" Sakura cried, pointing to a group of young girls that were fawning over Sasuke. Sakura then grabbed onto Kaiwa's leg and continued crying.

"He's Itachi's brother alright," Kaiwa muttered, rolling her eyes. All the schoolgirls seemed to fancy Uchiha boys.

"Huh?" Sakura couldn't hear over her own sobs.

"Here," Kaiwa smiled, picking Kumo up and holding her out to Sakura. Sakura wiped her tears and took the cat.

Kumo squirmed, trying to get out of Sakura's grip. But when the animal realized she was stuck, she gave up and lifted a paw up to Sakura's face, making Sakura giggle.

Kaiwa was distracted by the kids that had already been let out. They were scattered all over the school yard, and Kaiwa's eyes wandered the crowds, looking for Naruto.

When she saw him being shoved by another group of boys, something clicked in her body. Something deep and intense. It was like a massive flame being ignited when she saw her little brother in trouble.

Kaiwa's red sharingan blazed with that fire while her teeth gritted together.

The kid in the front raised his arm to land a punch on Naruto. The boy had a headband, so he must've been about 12 or 13. But Kaiwa couldn't care less how old he was. He was tall though, about Kaiwa's height.

It all happened in an instant. One moment she was standing beside Sakura, the next moment Kaiwa was directly in front of Naruto, grabbing the younger ninja's wrist that was ready to collide with Naruto's face.

"Don't touch him," she seethed. Her voice dripped like venom, her sharingan gaining another toma. They now had three each. Her eyes showed nothing but burning rage.