12 ⤷LIVING IN A NIGHTMARE

events in italics are flashbacks.

_

"Naruto, I understand why you don't like me. I really do," Shisui said after Naruto started his first bowl of ramen.

"Yeah, I'm sure you do," the blonde muttered. Naruto finished slurping up a noodle. "Why are you so obsessed with my sister anyway?"

"Well..." Shisui started on his own ramen.

"Do you guys like, kiss and stuff?"

Shisui choked on a noodle, quickly recovering from the shock. Before he could respond, Naruto spoke again.

"I saw you guys kissing the other day. Kissing is gross."

Shisui laughed nervously. Despite being almost twenty years old, he felt like a young child being teased about a crush.

"Do you love Kaiwa?" Naruto suddenly wondered. Shisui's cheeks flashed a light pink, but he smiled.

"More than anything," Shisui answered honestly. The look in his black eyes blazed with happiness and truth. Naruto couldn't deny it.

"Hm. Maybe, you're not so bad after all, believe it!" Naruto grinned. Shisui blinked, unsure how Naruto's mind changed so quickly. "If you like Neechan that much I guess I should give you a chance."

"Thanks, little guy," Shisui beamed. The Uchiha's smile was so contagious that Naruto couldn't stop himself from smiling too.

"But you can't call me 'little guy'!"

"Why not?" Shisui chuckled.

"Because I'm a big kid! I'm tall and I'm strong! Believe it!"

"You sure are," Shisui agreed.

"I'm gonna be Hokage one day!" Naruto announced, jumping on top of his stool outside of the ramen shop.

"I know you will," Shisui nodded. "There won't be any other Hokage like Uzumaki Naruto."

Naruto chuckled proudly to himself, sitting back down to finish his ramen.

-

Kaiwa woke up in her room, stretching from her good night's sleep. She accidentally stretched too far, smacking her lamp off the bedside table with a loud crash.

"Whoops..." she muttered. Kaiwa took a peek at her clock and saw that she woke up much later than she planned. Suddenly, her routine was set into maximum speed.