14 ⤷HATE IS A STRONG WORD

_

_

"Itachi Uchiha is gone."

Kaiwa Uchiha looked at her hands in her lap, her heart hurting more with every word she said.

"That's all they said to me. My best friend for almost my entire life does these terrible things, leaving me behind, and that's all they tell me? No explanation of what happened? I just don't know what to think anymore."

"Well, that sure sucks," the dark side of Zetsu commented.

"Don't be so harsh! Please continue, my dear."

Kaiwa shook her head.

"This was a mistake. I shouldn't have expected you to understand." Kaiwa stood up to leave, but a white hand stopped her.

"Please don't go, little flower. I'm sorry that he's being so insensitive."

"It happened seven years ago. Stop complaining already, you're making me want to tear my ears off," his black side growled.

"Kuro, eave her alone!" White Zetsu shouted angrily. "She's hurting, and you're being extremely rude!"

"Do you think I care?"

"Stop it!"

"Make me."

"Zetsu!" Kaiwa interrupted, her features set in a deep frown. Both sides turned to look in the girl's direction.

"I'm going home. Naruto's probably waiting for me."

Kaiwa was already hurrying off by the time Zetsu registered what was going on.

"Finally. I thought she'd never leave."

"That's enough!"

Kaiwa was soon too far away to hear Zetsu bickering with himself. Her thick hair was tossed by a gentle wind, and the sounds of nature filled her ears as she exited the forest. But she noticed a sudden presence.

As soon as she threw a shuriken behind her, the presence disappeared.

In its place was jet-black ink dripping down the tree.

Kaiwa walked faster towards home, suddenly nervous. She couldn't hide the feeling that she was being followed.

"Neechan!" She heard someone call from behind her. Kaiwa spun at lighting speed, taking Naruto into a tight hug. He was shaking, but chuckling proudly to himself.

"What's gotten into you?" Kaiwa noticed Naruto's behavior.

"Don't ask questions, just follow me! Quick!"

Kaiwa obeyed, letting her brother drag her behind him. The blonde stopped and pointed at what he wanted Kaiwa to see.

"Neechan, look! Isn't that hilarious?" He pointed to the Hokage mountain. Kaiwa squinted to get a better look, then wished she hadn't.