13 ⤷ITACHI'S TEARS

_

_

"There is no way to stop it. The Uchiha clan is going to continue their plans to take over."

"Then I'm afraid that's the only way. You must eliminate every Uchiha except your brother."

Itachi's eyes widened, and he felt his heart stop.

"E-eliminate the Uchiha?!" He thought. But that wasn't the only thing on his mind. "Must I kill Kaiwa Uchiha?" Itachi's voice was strained. He prayed that he would be allowed to spare her.

"Yes," Danzo nodded curtly.

Itachi's head felt like it was spinning. He wished he had something to hold onto to steady himself, but he remained in his kneeling position.

"I don't think that's necessary," Hiruzen interjected. "Kaiwa Uchiha has no knowledge of the coup. It pains me to say, but it's clear that most of the Uchiha don't see her as one of them."

Itachi let out a breath that he didn't realize he was holding in.

"But she's still an Uchiha! That girl is dangerous!" Danzo pointed out, furious.

Itachi wanted to defend Kaiwa. He wanted to prove to Danzo that she wasn't any sort of threat, but he could do nothing but hold his tongue.

"No, Danzo. She isn't associated with the Uchiha," Hiruzen frowned. "She is a contributing villager of Konoha, who has shown no signs of any contention towards her leaders. Kaiwa is to be spared."

"Allow me to make a compromise, if I may," Danzo narrowed his eyes. "If that girl witnesses anything the night Itachi is to eliminate the Uchiha, then she is to be eliminated as well. She will turn against the village if she knows anything."

"I suppose you have a point," Hiruzen sighed, defeated. "Itachi, do you understand your orders?"

"Yes."

-

Kaiwa sat against the wall of the shower, cold streams of water hitting her bare skin. She was curled in a ball, staring at her feet.

Her once bright black eyes were now a dull grey. They were as void of emotion as the rest of Kaiwa.

Her first love was dead.

Itachi had changed.

Her world was crumbling.

Kaiwa had successfully avoided Itachi for almost an entire week, and she thought it was helping. But she was wrong.

Not seeing her best friend made her feel even more alone. But every time she tried to bring herself to go look for him, her mind would flash back to the murderous look in his eyes, and the venomous words that spilled off his tongue. She was a coward, and she knew it.