Breakdown

Sameeksha's POV
I got changed and walked out of the washroom. Bandana was sitting on the bed, looking at her hands and smiling.

"Esa kya hai haatho me jo smile kar rhi hai?" I asked with a smile.

She looked at me and jumped in excitement. "Finally tu free hui! Bhai boht kucch batana hai tujhe!!" She said.

I sat next to her. "Suna" I said giving her all my attention. "Manjot" She said, which made my smile disappear. "Manjot ne mujhe I love you kaha" She said with a wide smile plastered on her face. 

I was quiet for a couple of moments and she was waiting for my response. "To...terrace pe yeh sab chal raha tha" I said looking down. "Haan!!! Can you believe it! Me usse like kar rhi thi aur woh? God Sameeksha!!!!" She said hugging tightly. I just hugged her back.

We broke the hug after sometime. She looked at me, "tu khush nhi hai na?" She asked with a smile. "Nhi, esa nhi hai. Me khush hu tere lie" I said still not looking at her. "Yeah, I can see that" She said lowering her lashes.

"Accha mujhe neend aa rhi hai, thakk geyi hu. Good night" She said and laid on her side of the bed.

I didn't want to show her fake happiness, and at the same time I didn't want her to feel bad.

She was so happy. I shook my head and laid on the bed. Her back was facing me.

I was still thinking about her, when she stood up and went in the washroom.

She spent about ten minutes in the washroom and then finally came out. "Kya hua?" I asked, "kucch nhi" She replied. "To washroom kyu geyi thi?" I asked. "Log washroom me kya karne jaate hai?" She asked sitting on the bed.

"Itna time? Aadhi raat ko?" I asked.

She stayed quiet for sometime and then brokedown.

"Bandana..." I said hurt, "tujhe kya problem hai usse?" She asked, "usne kabhi tujhe kucch galat kaha hai? Please bata agar esa hua hai, me usse baat karungi" She said. I shook my head.

"To tu kyu nhi khush? Woh kyu nhi pasand tujhe?" She asked, "koi reason hi nhi usse pasand karne ka" I said. "Mujhe pasand hai yeh kaafi nhi?" She asked.

"Tu mere lie kitni special hai, acche se pata hai tujhe. Meri jaan bassti hai tujhme. Obviously me chahungi ke jo ladka mujhe pasand hai woh tujhe thoda sa to pasand ho" She said, "uska naam lete hi tere expressions change ho jaate hai, kyu hai esa?" She asked.

I had no answer to that question.

"Mera aur Abhay Banna ka rishta itna accha hai, tu uska 1% bhi dikhade Manjot ke saath to me khush hu. Pata nhi woh kya sochta hoga" She said and looked away.

It was hurting seeing her crying. I simply didn't know how to answer her questions. Her points were valid.

"Ek baat poochu?" She asked, I looked at her with teary eyes, "kya woh tujhe kabhi pasand nhi aaega?" She asked. "Bandana...esa nhi..." I was saying when she held my hands, "dekh koi baat nhi. I...I can understand. Bas batade. Agar woh tujhe kabhi pasand nhi aaega to hamara saath hone ka koi faiyda nhi hai. Me usko bol dungi. Usse koi na koi ladki mil hi jaegi. Fir jo ladka tujhe pasand hoga, me bhi usse hi choose karungi" She said crying.

I wiped her tears. "Please soja, subhah baat karenge" I said.

She was not in the right state.

"Sameeksha..." She said, "Bandana nhi, abhi soja, subhah dekhenge" I said. She laid on the bed.

I started caressing her hair until she fell asleep.

*******

When I woke up, I saw Bandana coming out of the washroom. She had a shower, but she was still looking tired. Her eyes were red. She probably didn't sleep during the night.

"Good morning Bandana" I said. "Good morning" She smiled.

That wasn't the smile she always gave me, it was a different smile.

I stood up and went to get ready.

Most of the relatives were coming late, so we post-poned the haldi ceremony, which usually takes place before mehendi, but in our case it was a day after.

We both were ready and went downstairs for breakfast.

Bandana was always the one cracking jokes and making funny comments on random things. Today, she was eating quietly.

I hated it. It was supposed to be the happiest day for her as Manjot expressed his love for her.

"Bandana aaj kahi bahar chale?" I asked, she shook her head. "Shaam ko haldi hai, boht kaam hai" She said.

*******

"Poora din chup rahi Bandana" I told Abhishek what happened the night before and during the day.

Abhishek, Shubman and Manjot were at our place to "help" in the ceremony.

"Manjot ne bataya ke kal raat boht khush thi Bandana, jab dono saath the" Abhishek said. "Sab kharab ho gaya" I said lowering my lashes.

"Idhar dekho" He said lifting my chin with his index finger, "tumhari galati nhi hai. Bandana tumhari best friend hai, ese me ho sakta hai tumhe insecurity ho ke Manjot usse tumse door kar dega" He said.

"It's totally fine. Manjot bhi samjhega. Kucch dino me sab theek ho jaega, okay?" He asked. I nodded.

"Good" He said side hugging me, "ab tension mat lena iss baat ki, aur Bandana se ham dono saathme baat karenge" He said rubbing my left arm.

*******

Abhishek and I were standing in a corner, looking at everyone applying haldi on Srishti Di's arms and legs.

Bandana went ar the end, and after her, Manjot.

Abhishek nudged me. I looked at him. He signed me to go as it was my turn.

He held my hand and we both went together.

I applied haldi on her arms and feet and was about to stand up when he called me.

"Sameeksha!" He said. I looked at him.
He quickly applied some haldi on my cheek. I looked at him widening my mouth, "you..." I said and applied haldi on his face.

He stood there numb. "Galati kardi Miss Sinha" He said shaking his head.

Oopps.

I took some steps backwards, he started walking towards me. I turned and started running, he was trying to chase me.

I reached the garden, and then he finally grabbed me by my waist. "Ab kaha jaogi" He said wrapping his arms around my waist and hugging me from behind.

"Abhishek, nhi" I said, "acche ho na tum? Acche ladke esa nhi karte. Yeh bhi koi harkat hai ladkio ke saath karne wali?" I asked. "Haan yehi harkat hai" He said.

"Abhishek no please" I whined, "too late baby" He said and rubbed his left cheek with my right cheek.

I felt butterflies in my stomach. He didn't leave me. Haldi was on my left and right cheek now.

I could feel his hot breaths on my neck. We were breathing heavily, as we ran in the whole house.

*******

New story cover by chocoplusicecream
It's amazing Nivi!! Thank you!!!!

New story cover by chocoplusicecreamIt's amazing Nivi!! Thank you!!!!