Shadows

Sameeksha's POV
It's been a month now. Bandana hasn't talked to Manjot yet, and we are just waiting for the right moment.

Manjot wanted Bandana to be with him during their first IPL match, but things didn't go the way they were supposed to go.

The match was in Mumbai and I couldn't leave Hospital for a couple of days, so even I didn't go.

I was sitting in front of the tv, waiting for the match to start.

"Kya kar rhi hai? Chal na, match start hone wala hai" I said to Bandana, who was doing something on her phone. "Tu dekh" She said, "Bandana aaja na, mujhe kucch samajh nhi aaega" I said. She sighed and sat next to me.

The playing eleven didn't include Abhishek and Manjot, "yeh le, tera banda to hai hi nhi" Bandana said with a chuckle, "to tera bhi konsa hai" I said quickly, "mera agle match me aa jaega" She replied.

I looked at her, she bit her lower lip, as if she didn't want to say that truth. I smiled, "mujhe bhook lagi hai, kucch khane jaa rhi hu" She said and left.

Her phone was still there, I decided to check it. I knew all her passwords so it wasn't a big deal.

I checked her contacts and Manjot's number was still there. Her gallery still had an album which belonged to him. She hasn't deleted a single photo.

Thank God.

I was just waiting for the match to end, to tell this to Abhishek and Mandy.

*******

"Ek good news hai" I said to Abhishek. It was 10pm and we were talking on phone, he was still in Mumbai. "Subhah ki flight se vapas aa rahe hai" He said, "to subhah hi bataungi" I said excitingly.

"It's about Bandana right?" He asked, "how do you know that?" I asked, "itna excitement uske lie hi hota hai" He said with a chuckle. "Zada shaane mat bano" I said, "match kesa tha?" I asked.

"Haar gey" He said disappointingly. "Aww, it's okay. Tum nhi khele iss lie haare. Next time me support karne aaungi aur tum khelna, fir jeetoge pakka" I said. He chuckled again.

"Ab so jao, subhah jaldi uthna hoga" I said, he hummed and we finally ended the call.

*******

Manjot's POV
We were going home, I was driving silently when Abhishek spoke, "Mandy, sab theek ho jaega". "Yaar please, baar baar yeh sunke thakk gaya hu. Please, ab nhi" I said tired.

"Ghar aa gaya" I said stopping the car in front of his bungalow, "shaam ko practice pe milte hai" He said, I nodded and left.

*******

Bandana's POV
It was 9pm and I was still in hospital. Sameeksha left hours ago. It was time to go home but there was no one to pick me up. I didn't want to ask Sameeksha as she did a 5 hours long surgery in the afternoon, she needed some rest. Abhay Banna must be tired as he caught the flight in the morning and had practice in the afternoon.

And finding an auto near the hospital at this time was next to impossible.

I decided to walk home till the Kotla and take an auto from there, as it's a busy area.

I was listening to music while walking. Street lights were on and the roads were pretty empty.

I stopped and turned as I felt someone following me. There was a cute dog who was sitting on the footpath. I smiled and took a step forward but he ran away. Sad.

I turned again and carried on walking.

Again I felt someone following me but I didn't turn this time, maybe I was just imagining stuff.

After a while I saw some shadows, someone was actually following me.

I didn't have the courage to turn so I increased my speed and started walking faster. Those shadows were still behind me.

*******

Hey Redears!

I'm gonna be a bit busy now as my finals are starting in a month. I'll try my best to update but I won't update on a regular basis.

Till then, keep supporting and loving the fiction!

Thank you!!!
Bandana.