Chapter 14

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liked by RealBellsHarperLA,  prattprattpratt and 4,374 others

MsAllieDonovan: Who's Thirsty? #Beer #Baseball #Dodgers

view all 652 comments

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Dodgers won the game 12-2. Belle had made good on her word of dropping by to see Chris and the rest of the gang as much as she could. By the time the game was over, and the stadium had emptied out, Belle, Allie, Tristian, Chris, Josh and Matt were standing in the parking garage. It was only a little past 10:30.

"I think you might be the Dodgers Lucky Charm." Belle slipped her hand into Chris's. He smiled at her.

"Does that mean I get to come to more games?" He gave her hand a squeeze.

"I hope so." She squeezed him back.

"Hey love birds." Matt came up behind them and put one hand on each of their shoulders. "While you were acting like there was nobody else around I invited everyone back to my house for beer and darts."

Chris nodded and looked at Belle, "I'm in." She agreed turning to Allie who was also in agreement.

"I'm going to drop Tristian off at home first though."

"Ah come on Al!" Tristian whined.

"You're 15. It's not happening kid."

"Allie, I'll ride with you. I'll just leave my car here tonight." Belle offered.

"So I guess I'll see you in a little bit." Chris grabbed Belle's other hand entwining their fingers together.

She nodded as he took her hands with his behind her back forcing her to lean in close to him. She kissed his chest and he kissed her forehead.

"Y'all are making me sick." Matt teased as he shoved Chris playfully.

"He's jealous." Chris said making Belle laugh.

"Sure I am." Matt slung one arm around Chris's neck pulling him away from Belle and patting him on the chest, "Let's go Romeo beers not gonna drink itself."

Chris shrugged and went with Matt, "I'll text you his address." He called as Matt continued to pull him away.

"That would be helpful!" Allie called back. Once the guys were out of ear shot Allie turned on Belle.

"Smooth move Harper. Inviting me and Matt."

"Did it work?" Belle's eyes lit up.

Allie shrugged. "I don't know. It was chaotic. And my brother is here." She reached out and playfully tapped Tristian on his backwards turned baseball cap. "Speaking of, let's get little home."