Chapter 21

"Are you sure this dress looks ok?" Belle asked no one in particular as she studied her reflection in the mirror.

"You look amazing babe." Chris said walking up. He gently turned her face towards him and kissed her forehead.

"Seriously Belle." Allie called from across the hotel room where she was sitting in an oversized arm chair in her own evening gown and heels. They were getting ready at a hotel down the street from where the Avengers premier would take place. "Stop staring in the mirror you're giving yourself a complex."

Belle took one last look before turning away. "I just want to make a good impression." She smoothed her dress down.

"You will." Chris said confidently. His phone buzzed in his hand. "That's my car. Are you sure you don't want to at least ride with me?" He asked.

"This is your night. I don't want the first public appearance we make to be at a red-carpet premier."

Chris looked doubtful but agreed. "Ok." He brushed his lips against hers. "I will see you inside the theater." He stepped back to admire her with a whistle. "You are so beautiful. I am one lucky man." He kissed her knuckles with a wink.

Belle blushed. "I'll see you there."

"Goodbye Ladies." He motioned like he was tipping a hat before disappearing out the hotel door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liked by prattprattpratt, MsAllieDonovan and 6,599 others

RealBellsHaperLA: Feel like I'm going to prom....

View all 2,201 comments

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

15 minutes later the car arrived for Belle and Allie to take them to the theater. It was chaos outside on the red carpet and Belle got a glimpse of Chris walking the red carpet before being escorted inside. Her stomach flip flopped as she watched him joking and talking with his co-stars. The way he wrinkled his nose before letting out a hearty laugh and slapping Tom Holland on the back playfully. Mannerisms he had that Belle was beginning to memorize and fall more and more in love with every day.

Once they got inside and seated Belle turned to look for Chris.

"Oh-my-gosh." Allie nudged Belle in the ribs with her elbow.

"Good Lord Al, what?"

"It's RDJ! it's freaking RDJ!" Allie whispered continuing to nudge her. "Iron Man is in front of us."