Chapter 42

Belle leaned excitedly over Chris to peer out the airplane window. They were about to land in Hawaii and Belle's excitement was contagious. Chris thought it was adorable.

"I can't believe we're in Hawaii!" She squealed.

Chris smiled warmly at her. "Believe it baby girl. The next 10 days are going to be nothing but relaxation in the sun."

45 minutes later they were making their way off the airplane. Chris slung his carry-on book bag over his shoulder but not before checking for what must have been the millionth time that the little velvet ring box was still safe in secure in its spot tucked in the bottom of the bag. Chris had purchased the engagement ring weeks ago and had a hell of a time keeping it hid and not breaking down and asking her to marry him. It was now the first week of October and they were spending it in Hawaii before Chris would have to leave to go overseas to film, not returning till Christmas. But the thought of him returning home to his fiancé, not his girlfriend made it seem not so bad.

They were staying at The St. Regis Princeville Resort on the island of Kauai. Belle couldn't believe her eyes. Beautiful wasn't a worthy enough word to describe the resort.

Chris watched with an amused grin as Belle practically skipped through the lobby her eyes lit up in delight at every little detail.

Their room had a massive window that displayed the breathtaking view of the ocean.

Chris had the proposal all planned out. He just hoped he would be able to wait long enough, he was bursting at the seams to ask her.

2 hours after arriving they were laying poolside, lazily enjoying the sun.

"I booked you the afternoon at the spa tomorrow." Chris lowered his sunglasses looking at Belle.

"You did?" She smiled, "What are you going to do while I'm getting pampered?"

"I'll find something to do I'm sure." He winked at her. And he would, he had to get everything just perfect for her proposal.

The next afternoon Belle enjoyed 4 hours of the spa package that was called Island Bliss. She received a massage, a facial and a mani/pedi. They also did her hair and makeup which she was a little confused by, but she just rolled with it enjoying being pampered. She left feeling fantastic but also ready to see Chris. Arriving back at their room, Chris wasn't there. Instead a note was left for her on the bed.

A rush of excitement went through her as she picked up the note and read it out loud.

Hey Gorgeous Girl,

Slip into the dress in the black hanging bag you will see laying on the bed. There are shoes to match. When you're ready a driver is waiting for you downstairs. I'll meet you at dinner.

Xxxx

Chris

Wasting no time Belle grabbed the black bag, unzipping it to reveal a stunning off the shoulder, white floral print maxi dress. After slipping it on she stared at her reflection. It was a perfect fit and had a slit at the leg that was just enough classy and equally sexy. The white of the dress was a perfect contrast to her deep golden tan she had acquired. Her long dark hair was half pulled back with a bright pink hibiscus flower, loose waves fell to her shoulders.

Grabbing her clutch purse she made her way down to the lobby where she asked about the car that was supposedly waiting for her. The front desk clerk pointed her to the suv limo parked out front.

Belle gasped a little but quickly made her way to the stretched ride.

"Ms. Harper." The driver tipped his hat to her before pulling the door open for her.

"Thank you." She blushed.

As the vehicle pulled off she looked out the window wondering where it was taking her.

Chris stood on the beach where a romantic dinner for 2 had been elegantly prepared. Soft candle light from lanterns placed around the dining area and tiki torches provided most of the light as the sun was slowly sinking down behind the crystal blue ocean. Chris fidgeted nervously with the ring box in his sports coat. She should be arriving any moment. Glancing up he finally saw her silhouette approaching and it took his breath away. The dress looked better on her then he could have ever imagined.

"I feel like I'm on the bachelor." She called to him with a laugh.

Chris chuckled. "Hopefully you'll accept my rose."

"Oh my gosh. You look so handsome." She grinned as she approached him. Reaching out she ran her hand along his chest. He grabbed her hand bringing it to his lips he kissed it softly.

"I've never seen a more beautiful being in my life then you right now." He said sincerely.

Belle blushed. "Well thank you. I didn't know we were going all out on our first day here."

"Well." He cleared his throat nervously, "It's a special occasion."

"It is?" Belle tilted her head confused.

Chris took a deep breathe, taking both of her hands in his, he slowly bent to one knee.

"What are you doing?" Belle inhaled sharply, her eyes growing wide.

"Belle, from the moment I met you-"

"Get up!" She interrupted. "What are you doing?" She repeated.

Chris chuckled nervously. "I'm trying to ask you to marry me."
"What?" She asked softly, slowly sinking to her knees in front of him.

"From the moment I met you I knew I wanted you in my life. Before the end of our first date I knew I was going to marry you. You make every day better. You make every day worth living. You make me want to be a better man. You're the most caring, beautiful, sweet, kind hearted woman I've ever met. I don't want to spend another day without you. Please do me the honor of being my wife." He held out a perfect, princess cut, crystal clear diamond ring.

Tears rolled down Belle's face as she nodded allowing him to slip the ring on her finger.

"So that's a yes?" He asked.

"YES! YES! A MILLION TIME YES!"