I.

Today was the last day of the semester, I was close to graduating law school

Today was the last day of the semester, I was close to graduating law school. I only had two more semesters left. It was finally summer break which mean lots of vacations.

I packed my bag up with my laptop and two pens that I had. I was finally finished with my last exam which was online.

I was annoyed that I had to have a supervisor as I took the final exam. All semester I didn't have anyone watching me and the final wasn't even cumulative. Professors really don't think sometimes. It was the easiest class ever anyway.

I was excited to go home. Lord knows, I enjoy Georgetown but I missed New York. I don't know how everyone did this traveling. I didn't enjoy it one bit. I have to ship my car, pack up my apartment for three months and live with my parents. I didn't mind living with them but the packing is what killed me.

I wish I could've went to law school in New York but my father insisted on going to Georgetown. I guess since I father my mother's footsteps for undergrad he's been jealous since.

I walked from the library to my car while FaceTiming my best friend. If he didn't answer it would really put a strain on our friendship.

He didn't answer.

I stood in place as I called back blocking the sun from my eyes as he didn't answer again.

From: Michael.
I'm at work! I'll call you when I get off.

I read the message over and over again.

To: Michael.
Bitch you don't have no job!

From: Michael.
😂😂😂 I do! Bye, I'll call you in a few.

Men are always lying. I thought gay men would be different. But nope!

Since he didn't answer I guess I would just simply go home, he don't care about me and now I didn't have any friends. I could call my other friends but they wouldn't talk junk with me like he would.

Nobody cared that I was coming back today.

I'm not being dramatic.

I drove straight to the airport with the few bags that I had, driving to the private boarding I got out of my car with my duffle bag and also my suitcase.

"Miss. Tatum." The flight attendant said with a soft smile. "Welcome."

I smiled at her. "Thank you." Walking up the stairs I sighed taking a seat. I didn't like flying alone but yet I've done it so much it didn't matter what I liked anymore.

The flight should go by pretty fast as it always does.

I placed my headphones on and threw a blanket over me as I made myself comfortable.

Blessed. I was really blessed, I lived a comfortable life and didn't have to worry about much. My parents only asked for me to do well in school and I gave them their wishes.