XIX.

"How is everything at home?" Brandon asked while passing me a folder

"It's fine. My brother is still dumb but I'm happy we have enough information with this case. I'm ready to get it over with."

"Of course. Not enjoying New York?" He asked with a chuckle while turning on the screen.

"Actually, I'm enjoying it and I even met this nice woman. She's sweet and everything."

"I bet she is!" Bryce said while walking into the middle of our conversation.

Bryce was Brandon's younger brother and by the way he walked in I'm guessing he knew me or something.

"Bryce, I'm busy."

"I'm joining," He sat down looking at me. "I've heard a lot about you, Travis. Travis Puterbaugh, twenty-seven, youngest son, CEO of Puterbaugh Enterprise because your brother is caught up in a sandal and also baby on the way." He said unbuttoning his jacket and flipping his tie.

I guess he knew a LITTLE something.

"Yeah." I mumbled looking at Brandon as he gave his brother a look.

"Get out Bryce."

"Nah, I'm good. I wanna join in on this and maybe make sure this guy has some money left over for his kid."

"What does that have to do with anything?" I chuckled. "Let me guess, Kennedy told you?"

"Indeed! If you fuck with my baby sister you're fucking with me!"

"How do you know Kennedy? Wait." Brandon sighed. "This is business not personal, Bryce."

"She's the woman I met. We're just friends for right now but I plan on moving forward."

"Yeah right. We don't allow criminals in our family." Bryce said.

"I'm not a criminal."

"That's not what the papers say! Look. You're using Brandon and Kennedy because of some twisted shit you got going on. You're using Kennedy to see if she know more bout this case. News flash! She doesn't."

"What?" I asked him. "That doesn't even make any sense."

"It does."

"Bryce, you're dumb. Shut up. He's not using Kennedy. This is all just too much I don't get it."

"Let me explain." Bryce said while leaning forward.

"I think you've done enough." Brandon said which made me chuckle.

"No. He met Kennedy first, but then came to our firm, started getting close with Kennedy while you're taking on his case. Does that not sound fishy to you?"

"It actually doesn't. If he met Kennedy first what does that had to do with anything? His dad know ours and they referred him to us. So.." Brandon shook his head while Bryce stared at him.

"Okay. But he's trying to get in Kennedy's cookie jar." Bryce mumbled crossing his arms over his chest.

"I'm not. I'm just trying to make her my girlfriend and treat her well." He said.

"She's grown so that's her business and if she lets you then good luck." Brandon said with a smile.

"That's it? Bullshit. If you break her heart I'm breaking your neck, white boy."

"The insults are called for?" I asked Bryce.

"Yup!"

"Don't mind him." Brandon said shaking his head before he started to talk about the case.

Bryce stayed for the meeting and kept giving me looks. Honestly, how did he find out? I guess Kennedy was talking about me. She must like me but not anymore. She's been ignoring me so hard but I sent her flowers three times in one day. It's funny I came here for her and now she was ignoring me.

Sophia was blowing my phone up begging me for money. I was annoyed with her.

After the meeting I called Kennedy. She didn't answer so I just went to her place with food and flowers.

Knocking on her door I heard Riley barking before she opened the door looking at me.

"What?"

"Can I come in?"

"No."

I chuckled as she took the bag of food from me and the flowers.

"Why not?"

"I'm still upset, Travis. I actually like you but you're still stuck on your ex and I can't get down with that."

"Please let me explain. Let's eat and just talk."

Sighing she moved away from the door letting me inside.

Finally.

I can't do this anymore

I can't do this anymore. I'm going to have an abortion. Travis is not paying me any attention and now he's out with that bitch! I sighed while scrolling on her Instagram seeing what she does. I watched her story about ten times. I see Travis in the corner holding some ugly looking dog. I'm so pissed!

I asked him did he like dogs. He said not really. But there he is with that mutt.

Ugh!

I can't.

I called the abortion clinic already and set up an appointment. Travis is going to be so upset with HIS SELF.

How could he do this to US?

I've been blowing up his phone but no answer.

You know what. That's okay. He's going to regret the day he didn't answer. I'm dropping from his line and his life. If he wants this baby he's going to have to work for it.

If it fails I'll make sure he think it's his fault causing stress on me and my miscarriage. Im going to call his mom soon and let her know what kind of son she has. I just wish he wanted to be a family!

I've been planning on telling him about the abortion but I just can't pull myself to do it. I feel like if he cares he'll call me back but if he doesn't fuck him.

He doesn't even deserve this baby. He only sent me two thousand dollars. I need more. He didn't understand my lifestyle. If he found out this baby is gone he'll stop paying me.

I pulled out my phone looking at some fake pregnancy bellies just in case. This would be plan C, if I go through with plan A and plan B if he's trying to force the DNA test.

I have so much up my sleeve he has no idea.