XXVI.

I held Kennedy's hand as we walked down the street

I held Kennedy's hand as we walked down the street. The view was amazing. I've been trying to spoil her all day but she just wanted food and my attention. I wasn't complaining but it was something I'll have to get use to.

My mother wanted me to call Sophia. That didn't happen at all. I'm not inviting that toxic piece of human back into my life. I'm living my best life now and I don't want to bring in any drama. I have no idea what she said to my mom and I also don't care. As far as I'm concern she can show up when the child is born. I tried to reach out and she ignored me. She's reaching out, I ignore her so she calls my mom. Nope. I don't work on her time at all.

I might regret not being there for her if the child is mine. Only if. But, other than that I'll make it up. I'm going to be full time father if the child is mine. If there even is a child.

"I'm not repeating myself." Kennedy said looking at me.

"Huh?" I asked.

I was completely zoned out.

"I said when we get back you have to meet my parents. I feel like I'm sneaking around." She sighed.

Nodding my head I gave her a quick kiss on the cheek. "Okay. Don't worry."

We went back to walking.

Like I was saying. I'm not calling her or dealing with her drama. It's just too much. I already have to get this case together, we're wrapping it up and I'm finally seeing the light. I can give this shit back to my brother and go live my life. I think.

I'm not sure if our father would like that. I just don't know anymore.

Now, I have to meet Kennedy's parents? What if they don't like me? I'm not the ideal husband material I'm sure. She's still young and in school, our relationship is technically long distances.

I glanced over at her.

I don't think she realizes that until I'm back in Texas. I really think she thinks I'll be able to fly to New York whenever she wants to cuddle. It's not going to be like that soon. When she goes back to school it'll be so much more to it.

Shaking my head I didn't even want to think about any negative right now. I didn't see us breaking up any time soon.

"What are you thinking about?" Kennedy stoped dropping her hand from mine while looking up at me.

"I'm thinking about what we're going to eat next. Didn't you want cupcakes?" I asked her kissing her forehead.

"You're lying but I do want cupcakes."

"How do you know I'm lying?"

"Because you ended with a question, you're usually lying when you change the subject to something I want or mentioned."

"Maybe, I shouldn't date you since you know too much." I joked grabbing her hand again.

"Aw man, I had our whole life out. I was going to marry you and then wait for you to die so I can have you money." She smiled at me.